Great Captains Club Service

Hobbsey

It is always a delight to find good customer service and when I do I like to call it to everyone's attention.

After months of successfully being able to enter the X web site, fill out my registration, review my booking, search dining and shore excursion options and check up on my cruise pricing - suddenly today I have no access. It seems as soon as the $25 deposit banner ad comes onto the screen all functionality stops.

Well, I needed to reprint my boarding pass because the one I have shows the wrong cabin after upgrading myself two days ago. So I called the Captains Club and was able to speak with a delightful young woman in a call center in Kansas. She was kind enough to research my booking, assure me that my updated pass shows my correct cabin and then scan and email me a copy to take to the pier next week.

(In the mean time though, If I wanted to make a booking I would not be able to do so on my PC. My Kindle however let's me go into that part of the web site.)

Yes waiting for a Captain's Club rep is worth the wait. I wanted to cancel a cruise for a client today (just on hold) and I couldn't enter the system no matter what I tried. Technology!

I was lucky - got connected to the rep within 2 minutes.

I have had all sorts of problems with the Celebrity website since before Christmas. Primarily not being able to connect to my account. I called many times with little or no fixes to the account and website connectivity. I have several posts on Cruise Critic about this, as do many other people.

When I decided to call the Captains Club rep, things got sorted out real quick and I got my online check in resolved and even was able to get my luggage tags and E-Docs sent to me the very next day.

Yes, I agree, the Captains Club reps seem to have a better resource channel to get things done than the regular reps. I really did not think there was a difference but there seems to be.

I strongly suggest everyone join Captains Club, for the support reason alone.