Liberty of the Seas Drydock

Also, are you sure those are RCCL Liberty mino golf course or Carnivals? Looks like Carnival to me but if they did keep the mini golf course and it looks like that. Great job.

The bus says Liberty Dunes and has the RCI logo, so I'm pretty sure it's not Carnival. ;)

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like St.Tropez has been expanded. Now I don't mind the added rooms so much. Also, are you sure those are RCCL Liberty mino golf course or Carnivals? Looks like Carnival to me but if they did keep the mini golf course and it looks like that. Great job.

Yes I'm sure the photos are from @NickWeirShowbiz that's his Twitter handle. He is RCCL entertainment Vice President. He's on the ship right now taking some photos. Here is some more from him of the new splash away bay.

ImageUploadedByForums1454872448.374150.jpg.4c21287fc93a706855afe8988592341b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1454872459.539288.jpg.0e552888f988f1eb3398719fd6601ebb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1454872467.574310.jpg.4341c6a7b17ac5b8fc808a6860b1ec8d.jpg

They did keep mini golf and looks awesome!

[ATTACH]375591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]375592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]375593[/ATTACH]

So I looked closer at these pictures on Nick's twitter and it appears the new course is at the front of the ship...up on deck 13 above the new cabins. I just looked at the webcam pictures on this thread (pg 11) and I can just barely see the tops of the palm trees that are on the course. Good use for the deck if you ask me.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Wait, so I looked closer at these pictures on Nick's twitter and it appears the new course may be at the front of the ship...up on deck 13 above the new cabins?

Yep, Carnival funnel in front and the tall glass. I guess they found a use for St Tropez

So I looked closer at these pictures on Nick's twitter and it appears the new course is at the front of the ship...up on deck 13 above the new cabins. I just looked at the webcam pictures on this thread (pg 11) and I can just barely see the tops of the palm trees that are on the course. Good use for the deck if you ask me.

After you mentioned it I looked closer as well, you can see Carnivals ship tail in the distance so yeah I'd say it's front of the ship now.

After you mentioned it I looked closer as well, you can see Carnivals ship tail in the distance so yeah I'd say it's front of the ship now.

I'm excited to see that the mini-golf was re-done and relocated as I thought it was disappearing completely! We sailed Liberty over XMAS and the St. Tropez deck was virtually deserted during what was a very full cruise and it just didn't look like an area that was used much at all, so mini-golf seems like a much better use of the space. I'm looking forward to seeing more about the improvements in the coming weeks, and then we'll be sailing again over Memorial Day!

Great pictures of the new amenities. We just booked the ship for August and am curious if there is any news about whether the freestyle soda machines were installed? This will make a difference in whether we purchase packages for our kiddos. We want the flavored water and poweraid options!

By the Twitter feed, it looks like they slides are. Not open, and may still need to go through inspection. I really hope they are up and running on the 14th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by dodgersmom

By the Twitter feed, it looks like they slides are. Not open, and may still need to go through inspection. I really hope they are up and running on the 14th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes he mentioned they are inspecting now and will be ready in a few days so even that first cruisers should get to use them.

Edited by Jaredcg

Ha! That is exactly what I was thinking. Well, almost. My Deck 12 balcony will be on the Liberty in Sept.

Which one did you get? I got the one closest to the exit doors, 1890. There might be a late night trip to St Tropez ti liberate a lounger

Which one did you get? I got the one closest to the exit doors, 1890. There might be a late night trip to St Tropez ti liberate a lounger

We have 1884. I will be curious to hear whether or not a lounger will fit on the balcony. It is hard to tell from photos. That would be nice though!

I was really hoping that they'd replace the chairs on the balconies with the reclining chairs that they placed at some point on the Navigator while it was in Galveston. The reclining chairs were a great compromise between the straight-backed chairs and a full lounger, but from what I could see on the webcam today, the Liberty still had the same non-reclining chairs as they had in Dec.