Balconies of Vista-Class Aft S Suites

Joanandjoe

We're booked into a mini-suite on the 11/25/06 Noordam Caribbean cruise from NYC, but are thinking of changing to a full suite. The new categories SB and SC are much less expensive than the main category of suites (SA, near the Neptune Club), but most of the rooms are aft rooms. It's not clear from the diagrams whether these aft suites have huge balconies, normal sized balconies, or no private balconies (just a common balcony). Experienced Vista cruisers, your input on the following aft suite questions would be appreciated.

1) Are the balconies normal, oversized, or non-existent? Are they in the sun or shaded? For Joe, a redhead, shade is very, very important. (For that matter, would there be shade on the balcony of our present cabin, SY (SS on current Vista ships) 6083?)

2) Is there privacy, or are the balconies visible from the deck above?

3) The only aft cabin we've ever had was noisy and had a lot of vibration (but it was on a low deck). Is there a lot of noise and vibration in these cabins?

We had an aft suite on the Zuiderdam, 5187. This is a corner aft suite and the balcony is huge. One thing I will mention is that these balconies are tiered so people can look down onto your balcony. This didn't bother us a bit and we felt no vibration at all. We'd book this suite again in a minute.

Each balcony does have a partition to separate them.

The aft verandas for the "S" Suites on the Vista ships are huge.....at the expense of a somewhat smaller cabin. These are really, really large verandas and some are visible from higher decks but some are not.

We only book the 'SA" as we want the larger cabin----all the Vista Class "S" category Suites are already smaller than all the pre-Vista ships. The veranda for the "SA" is smaller than on pre-Vista ships and very much smaller than aft on Vista.....but truly large enough for almost anyone. We have all the room we want or need out there with plenty of furniture.

Another reason we prefer the "SA" location is the proximity to the Neptune Lounge. That matters to us as we make use of it and it's a fair distance on this very long ship to walk from the aft cabins to the Neptune. (We're walkers but don't want that kind of a walk just to get a cup of coffee. :) )

The only aft cabin we ever had was the big Suite on Ocean Princess. The Suite was huge and very beautiful, but definitely loud noises and a great deal of vibration when docking and when leaving the dock. Way too much for our comfort or taste. We would not go out of our way to put up with that again.

It's a personal choice. No right or wrong; it is just a matter of preference.

I'd have to echo what Doone says. We were in 5186 and loved it. Even though the cabin is a bit smaller, we didnt notice it at all. The veranda is to die for. It is huge, and I mean huge. I walked off the railing and estimated it to be about 54 feet in length from the side to the back. All your private space. The corner also affords you about 270 degrees of visibility. You wont get that with a midship veranda. There is plenty of sun on the back part and plenty of shade (and wind) on the side. So, what ever you are looking for is there. People from the decks above can see your veranda, but we never even really noticed them. It is a bit of a hike to the Neptune, but we didnt mind. We can use the exercise.

If you enjoy a veranda, then I say go with an aft suite. You'll feel like a rockstar :D

We'll be in 5187 this coming week on Zuiderdam. Cant wait!!!!

Tim

If you enjoy a veranda, then I say go with an aft suite. You'll feel like a rockstar :D

We'll be in 5187 this coming week on Zuiderdam. Cant wait!!!!

Tim

Tim, while you are on the Zuirderdam's 5187 we will be in the Oosterdam's 5187:) In just a short 48 hours we should already be on the Oosterdam:D

Rockstar:cool: Gee I have always wanted to feel like a Rockstar:D

Tim, have a great week I am sure we will be lifting our glasses to a great week at Sail Away for each other. Enjoy!!!!

Archived