Port parking question

Mattnvick

Does anyone have any advice/thoughts regarding port parking or saving some money and doing off port parking (we have found 2 off port) at Port Canaveral. Has anyone used the off port and if so were you happy with the service you received? Thanks in advance.

We typical park at the port just so we can walk off the ship at PC and into our car and go.

Try the departure port section for Florida and you'll find a lot of info about other places.

We love Port Canaveral, we go a day early, stay in Titusville, and eat at Dixe Crossroads Seafood.

http://parkcruise.com/

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

these are two big dogs in town and are both safe and decent deals vs port prices

One says they are the closest but the difference is YARDS .....

both are MINUTES from the terminals . . .

Their online prices change AT LEAST as frequently as airline prices . . . . PRICE WAR

I've used Park n Cruise myself many times

ParkPortCanaveral has had some very deceptive advertising over the years and it soured me.

They (PPC) share shuttles with the Radisson .... yesterday, a VERY busy day at the port, I saw a large number of their fleet sitting in a parking lot while there was a LONG backup of cars trying to get to south side terminals . . .

I draw NO conclusions . . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

parking at the port IS convenient and I do it when the situation warrants it

On the other hand the off site parking in Canaveral IS safe and well run as compared to Miami where I tried it once and am surprised my car was there at the end of the cruise, much less undamaged!!!

given how hard the port has tried to shut down the off site parking places, I MUST believe these comments make them smile . . . .

If you wonder where this comment comes from, you can dig back .... the port has been pretty childish about their parking business.

Does anyone have any advice/thoughts regarding port parking or saving some money and doing off port parking (we have found 2 off port) at Port Canaveral. Has anyone used the off port and if so were you happy with the service you received? Thanks in advance.

There are 3 off-sites and do not forget about hotel parking and ship side parking with a 40% discount voucher from a partner hotel!

a) In many cases it is cheaper to park at the hotel (and use hotel shuttles) if you arrive a day before your cruise.

b) Park ship side is the most convenient but most expensive, HOWEVER, ship side parking with a discount voucher cost the same (if not cheaper) than the off sites so it is highly recommended (applicable only if you overnight in a partner hotel)

c) One of the three off-sites. ParkNCruise and Park Port Canaveral both get mostly good reviews with occasional complaints about waiting times. 528 Port is new, smallest, cheapest with fewest shuttles.

A current rate comparison is here.

Edited by SteerageJoe

We have always used parkportcanaveral and have loved them each time. We are using them again on this upcoming one. They do fluctuate their prices through out the year typically they run a cheaper special in the spring and summer so if you book just cancel the previous booking and switch to the cheaper one. I booked initially at 8.95 then was able to get a sale price of 6.95 when i choose the pay later option.

They are reliable and convenient in my opinion. You park your own car and keep the keys. They are a shuttle service and while on the way you get a almost mini tour of sorts they explain about the area give facts and such and also tell you about the cruise ships as well as ports. They are very engaging and make the trip pretty fun. They do a speal about how they are tip based as part of their income so if you could to tip them which I dont know how I feel about being that outspoken about tipping but we always do either way just because they do give a great service.

When they drop you off you get a paper that you have to keep a hold of (we normally just leave it in our carry on case) and that is what you use to get the shuttle, which is located outside the building upon return. You just hand them the paper and typically there is already a shuttle there, the last time there wasn't but it was like a five minute wait for one. Then they just drop you off. Very easy and cheap. :) hope this helped.

Edited by Rainbowfalls