Paramount hotel, Seattle

sleepless

Has anyone stayed at the Paramount Hotel in Seattle? What are your thoughts? Did you like the hotel, is it close to activities in the area? Are there places to eat close by? We are planning two nights at the hotel prior to our Aalaska cruise.

Haven't stayed, but the location is good - half a mile to Pike Place, couple of blocks to lots of shopping, LINK, light rail, bus, and monorail to Space Needle/Seattle Center attractions. Our fave restaurant in the area, Mistral, is also near by (don't miss the happy hour foie gras, total steal!)

Haven't stayed, but the location is good - half a mile to Pike Place, couple of blocks to lots of shopping, LINK, light rail, bus, and monorail to Space Needle/Seattle Center attractions. Our fave restaurant in the area, Mistral, is also near by (don't miss the happy hour foie gras, total steal!)

Thanks, this is helpful.

that hotel is in a great area. Your only a block or two friom the light rail station to Seatac and close to the Monorail to the space needle. Great area to walk around and tons of malls with lots of restaraunts. Great area, just can't comment on the hotel interiors.

As others have said, the Paramount is in a great location...pretty much handy for most things tourists would want. Walking distance to the light rail is a huge plus.

As for the hotel itself, I'd say it's nothing particularly special. Rooms are very small. Finding room for your luggage could be an issue in some rooms. I remember stubbing my toe after smashing it into a suitcase on the floor in the middle of the night. Very painful...my screams probably woke up half the hotel. I'm not sure, but I might be banned from that hotel now :eek:. We were there a year ago and can't remember everything about the hotel...but I'll never forget the toe stubbing incident.

We'll probably stay someplace else for our cruise out of Seattle in August.