Going from Radisson to HAL?

Joanandjoe

We are definitely looking forward to our Noordam cruise; but our experience on the Radisson Navigator was much better than Helen's. As we noted on the Radisson board, maybe we're just "go with the flow" types, but we had no problems with the beds on the Navigator, and didn't even feel the notorious vibrations (and Joan is very sensitive to movement). We'll post our review by the end of this week. Taking tips, wine, and travel into account, our Radisson cruise cost about the same (or maybe less) on a 2-for-1 than the HAL Maasdam would have cost. For us, the cost of the free bottles of hootch in the room (which we brought home with us) was zero, and we had a very smooth ride from Montreal to NYC, even though the weather was bad the first three days.

HAVING SAILED WELL OVER 150 DAYS ON HAL , IT WINS , HANDS DOWN OVER RADISSON. SAILED ON THE SEVEN SEAS MARINER LAST FEB. AND WAS TOTALLY SHOCKED AT JUST HOW BAD IT WAS. I WAS IN A PENTHOUSE SUITE WHICH WAS A LOVELY ROOM BUT THAT WAS ABOUT THE ONLY GOOD THING. tHE FOOD WAS VIRTUALLY INEDIBLE AND THEY RAN OUT OF THINGS SUCH AS ORANGES AND BANANAS. tHIS WAS ONLY A SEVEN DAY CRUISE SO I WOULD SAY SOMEONE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ORDERING. THE BUTLER WAS USELESS. NEVER FILLED ONE REQUEST THAT WE MADE INCLUDING RESERVATIONS IN THE ALTERNATE DINING VENUES. I FOR ONE WOULD NEVER SAIL RADISSON AGAIN. THEY NEVER EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED MY LETTER. BY THE WAY, I HAVE NEVER HAD THE LUXURY OF A SUITE ON HAL OR ON CUNARD BUT THEY STILL COME OUT WAY AHEAD.

SHERRIE

I'm sorry, Sherrie, that you had a bad experience on Radisson: ours was outstanding. However, bad experiences happen on any line, and the line can fix it or let the sores fester. Radisson did the latter with you. I've yet to see a cruise line that handles complaints well: witness the complaints on the current thread about a huge group on the Oosterdam. Cruise lines lose customers that way, and Radisson certainly deserves to lose you! I am surprised that your TA didn't go to bat for you.

Keep sailing HAL: it's good to have a cruise line that one enjoys.

Archived