PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

For now, Lipton black tea, Lipton decaf tea, and Lipton green tea are complimentary. I wouldn't be surprised to see this change in the future, though.

Neither would I. Carnival will figure out that buying bulk tea is cheaper than bagged so guests will be required to make their own individual bags of tea. Of course Carnival will have the necessary supplies for this at a cost similar to the Camp Carnival Build-A-Bear craft project.

FYS6BBDFZ382WZK.MEDIUM.jpg

Just curious - do you drink coffee on a Caribbean cruise?

No. I do not drink coffee...never have.

On a cruise I will drink milk and/or ice tea in the MDR. Water all other times. No alcohol. Another reason I like spa cabins....just a few steps to the decanters of water slightly flavored with citrus fruit in the spa.

According to John Heald's FB page (which was quoted in part in previous comments), Tea Time is NOT being eliminated and will NOT be a $$$ event.... It will still continue at no charge.

Though I'm 'irritated' that I have to bring my own flavored teas, I will do so. It's not that difficult to pack 7-10 tea bags....no extra weight or space in the suitcase :):) . I also won't have a problem pulling them out at Tea Time and letting wait staff, MD, fellow table mates see that "Yes....I brought my own teas"!!

I'm a little bothered by the nickel and diming that Carnival seems to be doing...taking away first one thing....then another.....then another.

Pretty soon, they're going to have to lower their cruise prices another $ ?? to cover all the services they're NOT offering...

Oh well....for this cruise next week, I'll just pack my tea bags..... I should probably start making plans now to pack our own breakfasts for our cruise in 2017... (don't ream me for saying that...it was a joke....) :):)

I hear you....losing one thing after another is frustrating. Especially if it's something you enjoyed.

But these changes have been happening for a long time. The two that STILL bug us are no fruit punch on the Lido and no roast beef at the deli! Hasn't stopped us from cruising.....but it comes it every time! [emoji37]

Edited by happy cruzin

Neither would I. Carnival will figure out that buying bulk tea is cheaper than bagged so guests will be required to make their own individual bags of tea. Of course Carnival will have the necessary supplies for this at a cost similar to the Camp Carnival Build-A-Bear craft project.

FYS6BBDFZ382WZK.MEDIUM.jpg

I was honestly thinking that over the next several months, they will notice lots of people bringing their own tea bags and just using the free hot water. To work around that, I suspect they will remove the hot water dispensers from Lido and only provide hot water to those who purchase tea bags.

But, Build-A-Bag could totally be a thing, too. I hope no one ever comes up with the idea to charge to milk a cow to get milk. Yikes!

Hi all

We were just on the Splendor and went for a few of the afternoon teas. They were fun. It is true that if you are not going to be content with the Lipton or green tea offered for free they charge $1.95 for their other specialty teas.

Just as a comment...after our cruise we spent the afternoon at the Flagler Museum, a beautiful building in Palm Beach. I would recommend it to anyone in the area that has the time to spend. Anyways back to the story. My wife was feeling a bit hungry and wouldn't you know it they had a café on the premises and what they served was a fixed price afternoon tea for $22 each. That's what you pay in the real world and they don't come over to offer you more after you have finished what was served.

If you really need a specialty tea, bring your own.

have a great cruise

No. I do not drink coffee...never have.

On a cruise I will drink milk and/or ice tea in the MDR. Water all other times. No alcohol. Another reason I like spa cabins....just a few steps to the decanters of water slightly flavored with citrus fruit in the spa.

They should eliminate ice. No ice machines. No maintenance for the missing ice machines. Less water used. less fuel burned to run generators to run machines to waste water and ice.

Hey, I can drink ambient temp drinks if carnival will prove it keeps my cruise fare down. :cool::eek:

They should eliminate ice. No ice machines. No maintenance for the missing ice machines. Less water used. less fuel burned to run generators to run machines to waste water and ice.

Hey, I can drink ambient temp drinks if carnival will prove it keeps my cruise fare down. :cool::eek:

They should also eliminate water on cruises of 5 days of less. Humans can technically survive that long without hydration.

I was honestly thinking that over the next several months, they will notice lots of people bringing their own tea bags and just using the free hot water. To work around that, I suspect they will remove the hot water dispensers from Lido and only provide hot water to those who purchase tea bags.

But, Build-A-Bag could totally be a thing, too. I hope no one ever comes up with the idea to charge to milk a cow to get milk. Yikes!

A tea shop or Daiso has ready made bags. Use small ones for tea, larger ones for the small stuff when I make soup.

I really like these koi ones

http://www.creativiteabags.com

• 1 month later...
The new CEO with her hatchet. Lots of changes over the past few years and more coming. Watch for once a day room service, (which I don't care if they do) but it will be another cutback. Seen many changes over the past 15 years.

The way things are going, just fast forward another 15 years: New ships with open decks with marked off spaces to pitch your tents! Tie downs included! No A/C will really save fuel! Denny's will be the franchise occupying the space where the MDR was. If you bring your own tea bags, a quick swipe of your S & S card will ensure that you have hot water to make your tea. You'll be able to purchase tickets for the comedy & liquid lounge shows, as well as admission to the Serenity area on the Carnival Hub 3.0 app, finally supporting Windows devices! ;-)

Edited by Lenliner