Just boarded the Reflection!

jenniebnyc

If anyone is looking for, or expects a Michelin star on a cruise ship, they are looking in the wrong place.

Celebrity is the one that said they want to achieve a Michelin star after one year of service. No one else in their right mind would ever imagine this happening.

Thanks for the pictures. We are in a CS on Eclipse and I have a question. Is there a vanity in the bedroom or do you have to use the desk outside the bedroom to sit down to put on make up?

No vanity in bedroom. Only in living area. Bathroom is tight. No counter space and no place to hang a hand towel. Sky suite bath much better set up. Walk in closet in bedroom. Another closet in bedroom with shoe cubbie (many little shelves). Small closet in living area. I have a video of suite that I will post when I have enough juice. Nice trip so far!

Just got off Celebrity Reflection on Saturday. It's been a nightmare trying to get back to New York but I only have wonderful things to say about the cruise. Not the best weather all week and we unfortunately missed CocoCay, calling in Nassau instead (uneventful rainy day). We had no complaints about the food, except that we felt the Lawn Club Grill was a bit disappointing than expected.

As far as the new Xcelerate internet service is concerned, it is a fantastic service that actually works better on your personal devices than at the iLounge on ship! And the free links never worked properly or were too slow (celebritycruises.com, royalcaribbean.com).

Hope this helps. Happy to answer any additional questions.

Glad that you enjoyed the cruise. Sorry to hear about weather. Curious why you went to Nassau instead of Cococay?

Who is the Cruise Director and how was he or she?

Also curious as to the entertainment, what shows did they have and were they good?

They're not supposed to. If you watch them, they "twinkle" on and off in a random pattern. Very pretty, especially in the evenings.

Nope. No twinkle at all. Been looking at those ugly things all week and I assure you they have not twinkled once.

Thanks for the information and we'll be watching for your video. Seems like a design flaw to me, both the vanity situation and counter space in the bath. I have seen pictures of the baths and thought the Sky Suites were laid out better and offered more counter space.

Thanks for the information and we'll be watching for your video. Seems like a design flaw to me, both the vanity situation and counter space in the bath. I have seen pictures of the baths and thought the Sky Suites were laid out better and offered more counter space.

Also no drawers in bathroom which I miss. No drawers in living room either (which is my bedroom for the week). We made do. Everything fit ... just hard to get to sometimes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your commentary and all of the photos. It is something to look forward to each day, for those of us who don't have any cruises booked for a while!

I'm going to have to find out some way to try out a suite with the new perks of Luminae and Michael's Club. Just the pricing of Aquaclass is posing a challenge!

Are these changes going to made on all the ships? Will there be a charge for the deli?

We were told they were testing the changes on Reflection first to see how it goes. Reflection still has Cellar Master and I asked the traveling chef if it would be changed to the Gastrobar like on Equinox. He said they like to keep sister ships similar, ie. Equinox and Eclipse, Reflection and Silhouette, so I guess that means no.

I didn't think to ask if there would be a charge for the deli.

That's right. They precook and reheat the poached eggs. I was very disappointed to hear this. I definitely voiced my opinion on this.

Perhaps more worrying, whoever came up with this brainwave, had the seniority to carry it out !!

I'll be interested to see for myself in a few days if that is happening on the Millennium as well. Amazing to hear of in any breakfast room, let alone one setting itself up to be something rather good.

I know it may seem an odd method with the poached eggs but it appears that many restaurants prepare their poached eggs in this manner. I have a book by a Michelin starred chef, Marcus Wareing, and in it he teaches this method of pre cooking and then reheating as something he was taught at the Savoy hotel.:)

Thanks for posting more pictures! You help us others get excited about future cruises!

Sorry your not getting the service you requested. If by example you get iceberg instead of mixed greens I'd suggest you ask the head waiter or supv to come over to your table and softly but firmly explain your request. Sometimes a polite nudge is all they need.

Regarding afternoon snacks.....ask your butler for different options. Many other posters have shared their success in getting what they want delivered (shrimp cocktail, nachos and gaucomole, etc.).