Amber Cove beach excursion choices??

Koshlong

We're visiting Amber Cove on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March. Since it's a new port, we're considering 3 water excursions through the cruise line. I can't find any reviews on any of them (sorry if I've missed them here, but we just booked and I'm feeling overwhelmed.)

Does anyone who's been to Amber Cove give me any information about the following places:

Coconut Cove - either as an All-inclusive or just a beach break ($20 cheaper)

Lifestyle VIP Resort Getaway (All-inclusive)

Ocean World Day Pass?

I realize that they're all a bit different, but they all look interesting. The only real dealbreaker for us would be lack of shade..........so we'd hope umbrellas, palapas, or lots of natural shade would be available.

I'd really appreciate any insight past visitors can give me. I'm really feeling lost.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in Amber Cove a month ago. I didn't do any excursions, and I was glad that I didn't. We had 10 people with us (4 in teens and twenties, 4 in 40's, and 2 in 60's). Everyone LOVED Amber Cove. The pool is really great, so big and clean, and you can rent an umbrella and they are huge, shaded 3-4 chairs. And it's so big it's not crowded, plenty of chairs. You can rent canoes but we didn't. My kids did the zipline and water slide and loved it. They had dancers around the pool and lots of good music. There was a bar on top of a lookout that was nice and a swim up bar in the main part of the pool. The shops there are not much, but we enjoyed looking in them. Also had lunch in the restaurant there and the food was pretty good. It was a nice relaxing and fun day!

So I wouldn't stress about it too much, if you want to skip paying for an excursion in this port you really can and you will have a great day.

I was in Amber Cove a month ago. I didn't do any excursions, and I was glad that I didn't. We had 10 people with us (4 in teens and twenties, 4 in 40's, and 2 in 60's). Everyone LOVED Amber Cove. The pool is really great, so big and clean, and you can rent an umbrella and they are huge, shaded 3-4 chairs. And it's so big it's not crowded, plenty of chairs. You can rent canoes but we didn't. My kids did the zipline and water slide and loved it. They had dancers around the pool and lots of good music. There was a bar on top of a lookout that was nice and a swim up bar in the main part of the pool. The shops there are not much, but we enjoyed looking in them. Also had lunch in the restaurant there and the food was pretty good. It was a nice relaxing and fun day!

So I wouldn't stress about it too much, if you want to skip paying for an excursion in this port you really can and you will have a great day.

How was the food? menu? Did you take any photos? We would love some authentic local food.

• 2 months later...

Where exactly was this pool? Is this right at the port?

Thanks

Heimey

From everything I've read, Amber Cove is a great place to kick back and have a relaxing fun in the sun day without breaking the bank. Keep in mind, though, that there is not a beach area at the port. If you really want beach you'll need to look at excursions away from the port.