Jump to content

How does the NCL CruiseNext Deposit work?


Recommended Posts

On 12/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, ziggyuk said:

 

This is actually not correct, they also told me that while on board ship but when I got home and went to make final payment for my next cruise I was able to apply the certificate as a payment method along with a credit card for the balance.

I was 3 months from sailing at the time and had paid the deposit 6 months earlier.

The rules say you can only apply to CruiseNext certificates to "new" bookings only. Did you book this cruise after you purchased the CruiseNext certificates?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

The rules say you can only apply to CruiseNext certificates to "new" bookings only. Did you book this cruise after you purchased the CruiseNext certificates?

 

I had booked the cruise well in advance of buying the certificate.

 

I had planned to buy a certificate onboard my 1st cruise and use it to part pay a 2nd cruise that I had booked but only paid the deposit on.

I went to the cruise next office on the ship and asked if I could do this and was told it was not possible and certificates can only be used on new bookings, because of this I only purchased one certificate (I had planned to buy 2 as its better value).

 

Once home I went into my account, low and behold the certificate was sitting there as a payment option in the drop down. After applying the certificate I had to click "add additional payment type" (or whatever it's called) as the certificate was obviously not sufficient to make full payment and the system would not allow a part payment.

 

If I remember correctly, I paid much earlier than I needed too but as the certificate was showing I decided to go ahead and use it right away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

 

I had booked the cruise well in advance of buying the certificate.

 

I had planned to buy a certificate onboard my 1st cruise and use it to part pay a 2nd cruise that I had booked but only paid the deposit on.

I went to the cruise next office on the ship and asked if I could do this and was told it was not possible and certificates can only be used on new bookings, because of this I only purchased one certificate (I had planned to buy 2 as its better value).

 

Once home I went into my account, low and behold the certificate was sitting there as a payment option in the drop down. After applying the certificate I had to click "add additional payment type" (or whatever it's called) as the certificate was obviously not sufficient to make full payment and the system would not allow a part payment.

 

If I remember correctly, I paid much earlier than I needed too but as the certificate was showing I decided to go ahead and use it right away.

NCL does not allow that anymore. The certificates can only be used for deposits on newly booked cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

NCL does not allow that anymore. The certificates can only be used for deposits on newly booked cruises.

 

It was only the end of last year when I did it, they did not allow it then either but it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
7 minutes ago, jameslee said:

Does the cruisenext program work like gift cards? basically we are buying norweigian credit for cheap and using it in later cruises?

They can only be used for deposits for future cruises - one or two, depending on when you book, what you book, and what promos they might be running.  They cannot be used for anything but deposits, so not a gift card per se.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, julig22 said:

They can only be used for deposits for future cruises - one or two, depending on when you book, what you book, and what promos they might be running.  They cannot be used for anything but deposits, so not a gift card per se.

Are they combinable with all promos including shareholder promos? So if I find a very good deal by a NCL agent, they can usually apply my cruisenext?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jameslee said:

Are they combinable with all promos including shareholder promos? So if I find a very good deal by a NCL agent, they can usually apply my cruisenext?

As far as I know they can be used on any cruise 6 days or longer, regardless of current promos.  Shareholder obc is separate and is available regardless of promos or how you pay for your cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, julig22 said:

As far as I know they can be used on any cruise 6 days or longer, regardless of current promos.  Shareholder obc is separate and is available regardless of promos or how you pay for your cruise.

Oh I didn't know minimum was 6 days there was a 5 day cruise I wanted to go

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, julig22 said:

They can only be used for deposits for future cruises - one or two, depending on when you book, what you book, and what promos they might be running.  They cannot be used for anything but deposits, so not a gift card per se.

 

They are not just for deposits, they can be used as part of final payment as long as you have not already used the maximum allowance of certificates.

 

I have twice used the credit as part of my final payment, when you goto payments on NCL website you can choose your certificate from the dropdown as part payment towards your final payment, topping up with a credit card.

Edited by ziggyuk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jameslee said:

?U4icmusic above mention it can only be used on deposits. Did this policy get changed recently

Technically any money paid toward your cruise, up until final payment, is a deposit.  Where it could be an issue is when t&c says "new" booking.  But it's always worked for me to add certificates, even after booking with a $50 deposit and then making payments using certificates.  If you book yourself, you just choose an available certificate as your payment method from MyNCL.  If you use a TA, they would apply the certificates for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 1/26/2016 at 4:00 PM, diskids2 said:

And important to note you can only use one certificate per cruise per stateroom...so if you buy four you have go on four cruises..or have four staterooms....or transfer them to someone else...or any combo of that.

You can use two CruiseNext certificates if you book a balcony or higher AND book 6 months in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

You can use two CruiseNext certificates if you book a balcony or higher AND book 6 months in advance.

The offer is currently that you can use two certificates regardless of the cabin category and when booked (this is certainly the case in the UK, but I'm fairly sure it applies everywhere).

Edited by KeithJenner
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...