Breeze- Ports on your own question and a "hi"!

Cruise4Sun

Hi all! I'm crusing on the Breeze Feb 13th and had a question. If it's addressed already somewhere else, would you point me in that direction? After reviewing the excursion offered by Carnival, my friend and I have decided to do the ports on our own. Has anyone done this and has advice? Our ports are: Grand Turk; La Romana, DR; Aruba; and Curacao.

We love shopping, tours to experience the true culture and feel of an area, time on a beach, delish food...

Thanks in advance!

I like Jack's Shack in Grand Turk. Sunset also has a horseback ride that goes out into the water - very enjoyable, although I felt the horses were on the thin side.

Seavis Tours has a trip in La Romana that I really liked - it was a speedboat out to Saona Island, included lunch - lots of fun.

In Curacao, there was a cigar bar right there at the port with $5 mojitos. Very good ventilation system, comfy leather sofas. I don't smoke, but the guys had a couple of cigars that day. You can purchase from them or bring your own. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the place, but it was in a sort of shopping strip and had not been open very long.

We went scuba diving in Aruba, so just walked around near the port afterward.

Just return last Sunday doing these ports on the breeze and we did no ship excursions. Grand Turk we just rented chairs and umbrella and soaked up the sun. In the Dominica we did Seavis Tours out to Saona island which was fun. Aruba took a $14 taxi ride to the breaches down by the hotels palm beach and rented chairs. Curaçao we hired a driver to take us over to the west side of the island is was uneventful. Next time we will just stay in the city and shop. I will conclude that this 8 day cruise is and has always been our favorite ports of call.

Hi all! I'm crusing on the Breeze Feb 13th and had a question. If it's addressed already somewhere else, would you point me in that direction? After reviewing the excursion offered by Carnival, my friend and I have decided to do the ports on our own. Has anyone done this and has advice? Our ports are: Grand Turk; La Romana, DR; Aruba; and Curacao.

We love shopping, tours to experience the true culture and feel of an area, time on a beach, delish food...

Thanks in advance!

We sailed this itinerary on Conquest last February.

Grand Turk - We rented a cabana at Margaritaville and frolicked in the pool the whole time. Very relaxing.

La Romana - We booked "La Romana excursions for the Cruise passengers" through proexcursionsbayahibe dot com. It was fabulous!

Aruba -We booked a Segway tour through segwaytoursaruba dot com. What a hoot!

Curacao - Our tour guide never showed up so we just walked around.

Have a great cruise.

We are on the February 13th Breeze sailing as well. Check out our roll call page for more info and the group booking code for Seavis Saona Island in La Romana. 17 days!!![emoji267]

I will check it out- thanks for the info!

Learn about your ports...check out a guidebook from your local library...or buy one. Knowing about where you're going is key to getting the most from your time ashore.

Ironically, I checked out a couple librarys and... nothing. I couldn't believe it. But I'm doing as much research online and talking with people that my schedule allows!

Grand Turk is a good beach and pool day at the pier.

We like to take a taxi to Palm Beach in Aruba. Some like Eagle Beach.

In Curacao, one can take the Trolley Train around Willemstad and then walk around to see the sights and shop. There are walking maps of Willemstad online.