Getway-Group Dinner Reservations

lexluthor

We are a group of 13 (not linked reservations) on the 4/24 Getaway sailing all with free UDP promo.

What's the process for booking dinner reservations for a group of 13?

I called NCL tonight and the first person gave me a special events number, but seems like I was just routed to normal customers service who then gave me the same number. She then checked further and said that dinner reservations for groups over 12 need to fax in the request and she gave me a fax number to send to. Fax, really?

Was she correct or is there a better way to do this?

Also, quick second question. We can still go free to the a la carte restaurants like Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina with our UDP, right?

Edited by lexluthor

Just make it for 12 then tell them you have an extra when you get there. I'm sure they'll be accommodating.

I've never done more than 8, and you can do that on myNCL even if the reservations aren't linked.

Here is the person we used on getaway for a 10 person reservation at teppenyaki.

Maybelin Gutierrez | Event Coordinator- Norwegian Getaway

1-800-327-9020 (ext- 26177) | fax 305-436-4147 specialeventsgetaway@ncl.com

Yep, they were able to help at that email address.

Apparently, MDR can only be reserved at 5:30 or 9:30 for large groups and specialties need to be on the half hour, so we had to revise our schedule a bit, but whoever replied said they received the final revision and will get to it when it comes up in their queue and will then confirm everything.

I would love a little more clarification on the group reservation process. I've tried to get help from NCL but seem to be going in circles. I am coordinating some specialty dining reservations for a group in September (minimum of 11 people). When our group booked, I was advised to send the reservation requests to the special events email address for the Getaway as soon as we had decided on them. I reached out to the special events address the other day just to make sure I understood the process and ask a few questions (how is payment handled since multiple reservations are involved, what information is needed for the group reservation, etc) and I was informed that I was in the wrong place- that every party would need to reserve their own dining times on the NCL website but that none of our reservations would be linked and there was no guarantee that we would be able to sit together either at 1 table or a few tables close by. Is this really how group dining requests are handled? If I need to book for everyone, can I book for more than 8 people on my account? Will I need to pay for everyone? I am sorry for so many questions, and know that they are probably silly. I have searched but haven't found the details on the boards. Thank you!!

I asked our TA for dinner reservations for two nights for 11 people on Breakaway. He said he had to contact "events" and said they would get back to me in a few weeks. That was on January 18(first day able to book) and I have not heard anything. I am curious if anyone else has had to wait now almost 3 weeks to hear back. Any why? Either they have space or not and after three weeks of waiting I would imagine space is limited.

Hoping for someone's opinion before I get with my TA and try to sound pleasant.

Thanks all.

Below is who you contact for group reservations but my understanding is that this would only be for Tropicana, Taste and Savor. We were just on the Getaway in January and had a group of 62 for dinner at the Tropicana and everything went smoothly. I think specialty restaurants would be done on the website but only 1 person needs to make the reservation for all 11 people. They will take cards from everyone at the restaurant for their own charges.

Maybelin Gutierrez | Event Coordinator- Norwegian Getaway

1-800-327-9020 (ext- 26177) | fax 305-436-4147 specialeventsgetaway@ncl.com