Host Michell

Farewell Monarch, March 29, 2013 (Part 2)

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I am at a loss for words. Mom suddenly took a turn for the worse Sunday and this morning she passed away. We are still going on EN tomorrow. My sister was there and I've done all I can do by phone and email until I get there next Tuesday. Can't believe she's gone a week after I last saw her.[/quote]

Sorry for you loss, it is hardest to lose your mother. Think of the good things while on your cruise.

Thanks all. I'm in Canada now with sister. Have memorial service today then it's time to roll up the sleeves and get probate started.

EN was quiet. Nobody in the CL or DL. There were only 22 D+ and 4 P on board. Had a nice day at Coco Cay and a hot day at Nassau.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I am at a loss for words. Mom suddenly took a turn for the worse Sunday and this morning she passed away. We are still going on EN tomorrow. My sister was there and I've done all I can do by phone and email until I get there next Tuesday. Can't believe she's gone a week after I last saw her.[/quote]

Karen, I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom, nothing can compare, as do many, I can relate. You were such a devoted daughter, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Hello all, it's been a while so I figured I'd say hi. Getting ready to spend a week on BR, it'll be my first Thanksgiving cruise, so that'll be interesting.

[quote name='DarthGrady']Hello all, it's been a while so I figured I'd say hi. Getting ready to spend a week on BR, it'll be my first Thanksgiving cruise, so that'll be interesting.[/quote]

Good for you Grady. I will be on the Brilliance 1-25-18, I got round trip air from Chicago Midway to Tampa for $85.00 on Southwest. So I booked the 4 day cruise to go along with it.

Just got back from the JW TA and saw this. Very sorry for your loss Karen.

[quote name='Host Clarea']Just got back from the JW TA and saw this. Very sorry for your loss Karen.[/quote]

Thanks Bob, it's still too surreal. I have happy days with memories of her, and then sad days. There was so much I learned about her at the visitation with her friends, but it's too late now to tell her how proud I am of her.

[quote name='hannibal54']Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.[/quote]
Thanks, and to you and your family too.:)

YAY! I didn't overeat yesterday! Didn't really feel like celebrating. Found out I have to probate the account Mom's Social Security payment was going into. Now I have lawyer fees and court fees to deal with. I wonder how greedy the State of Michigan will be.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']YAY! I didn't overeat yesterday! Didn't really feel like celebrating. Found out I have to probate the account Mom's Social Security payment was going into. Now I have lawyer fees and court fees to deal with. I wonder how greedy the State of Michigan will be.[/quote]
What a hassle. We were lucky, my Dad had set up a trust before he died and we were able to avoid probate. Good luck!

[quote name='wolfcathorse']YAY! I didn't overeat yesterday! Didn't really feel like celebrating. Found out I have to probate the account Mom's Social Security payment was going into. Now I have lawyer fees and court fees to deal with. I wonder how greedy the State of Michigan will be.[/quote]

Very greedy, I'm sure. I hope you get it all worked out as quickly and painlessly as possible.

[quote name='Host Clarea']What a hassle. We were lucky, my Dad had set up a trust before he died and we were able to avoid probate. Good luck![/quote]

My parents have done the same - I'm completely unsure how all that works though. Guess I'll find out eventually :(

OK, it's official, I'm a basket case and I've decided to hate November. First Mom dies and now we just had to put down our beloved black lab, Lucy. Just like Mom's fast decline, all of a sudden in the last 2 days Lucy couldn't use her hind legs. She was 14 yrs old. Our Vet was nice enough (actually a great compassionate man) to come to our house on a Sunday to do it. Lucy went to heaven (I believe animals will be in the new heaven and new earth) with the 3 of us surrounding her telling her how she was the best dog we ever had, how good she was, and how much we loved her.

[quote name='Cruzin-K'] ... My parents have done the same - I'm completely unsure how all that works though. Guess I'll find out eventually :([/quote]
Best to get a referral to a good estate lawyer. You want this done right.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']OK, it's official, I'm a basket case and I've decided to hate November. First Mom dies and now we just had to put down our beloved black lab, Lucy. Just like Mom's fast decline, all of a sudden in the last 2 days Lucy couldn't use her hind legs. She was 14 yrs old. Our Vet was nice enough (actually a great compassionate man) to come to our house on a Sunday to do it. Lucy went to heaven (I believe animals will be in the new heaven and new earth) with the 3 of us surrounding her telling her how she was the best dog we ever had, how good she was, and how much we loved her.[/quote]
Sorry to hear that Karen, there's no easy way to lose a member of the family. Our standard poodle died naturally a couple of years ago. His decline also started with the hind legs slowly losing their function.

[quote name='wolfcathorse']OK, it's official, I'm a basket case and I've decided to hate November. First Mom dies and now we just had to put down our beloved black lab, Lucy. Just like Mom's fast decline, all of a sudden in the last 2 days Lucy couldn't use her hind legs. She was 14 yrs old. Our Vet was nice enough (actually a great compassionate man) to come to our house on a Sunday to do it. Lucy went to heaven (I believe animals will be in the new heaven and new earth) with the 3 of us surrounding her telling her how she was the best dog we ever had, how good she was, and how much we loved her.[/quote]

Oh no. I hope you have a much better December. Very sorry about Lucy (and I love her name), but it's good that you were all able to be with her at the end. She died surrounded by love.

[quote name='hannibal54']Is anybody going on any cruises this month? We don't have any planned for December.[/quote]
Nope, not until March.

I'd like to go now....really need to...but I'm up for a crystal block on my Feb Indy cruise so I can't go. After Indy in Feb, Jim and I are on the Nov 29th Vision Panama Canal repo to NOLA.

[quote name='Host Clarea']Nope, not until March.[/quote]

Same here. Well, I fly out of the U.S. at the end of March, the cruise isn't until April 6.

I booked shore excursions and a WiFi package on Black Friday. Hotels are booked (except one), all flights are booked, and I bought myself a tiara to wear on my birthday. lol.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7I0PAA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&th=1[/url]

[quote name='wolfcathorse']I'd like to go now....really need to...but I'm up for a crystal block on my Feb Indy cruise so I can't go. After Indy in Feb, Jim and I are on the Nov 29th Vision Panama Canal repo to NOLA.[/quote]

Sherry and I will be on the Vision 2-5-18 out of Galveston. I have my cruises lined up for a crystal block on the Majesty for October.

We had been booked on Adventure, B2B, Jan/Feb, but Royal cancelled those due to dry dock. So we don't get our mid-winter escape this year.

Wishing all our friends on this Monarch thread a wonderful holiday season and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Booked Ovation for Alaska 8/30/19 when reservations opened the other day. Next for us will be Serenade for 10 nights Jan. 5.
Stay safe and warm.
Rick and Deirdra

Hello all, I was on BR a couple of weeks ago and saw an old friend at Grand Cayman![IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171216/efb25be6a22b474731a1487260a9afdc.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='hannibal54']Is anybody going on any cruises this month? We don't have any planned for December.[/QUOTE]Almost, I'll be on Freedom 1/6.

[quote name='DarthGrady']Hello all, I was on BR a couple of weeks ago and saw an old friend at Grand Cayman![/quote]
Nice to see her still sailing. Looks pretty good.:)

[quote name='hannibal54']She is looking good, I would like to see her in her new colors.[/quote]
I've love to talk a look inside and see how it's been changed.

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Wishing all our friends on this Monarch thread a wonderful holiday season and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Booked Ovation for Alaska 8/30/19 when reservations opened the other day. Next for us will be Serenade for 10 nights Jan. 5.
Stay safe and warm.
Rick and Deirdra[/quote]

I liked the Serenade, have another great cruise on her.

[quote name='Pumbaamd']Thanks Paul. You and Sherry enjoy the holidays!
R&D[/quote]

You and Deirdra also have have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas to all of our Monarch friends!
For us, 11 Days until Serenade is our Christmas present.
Rick and Deirdra

[quote name='Host Clarea']Merry Christmas to the Monarch Forever crew![/quote]

Yes, Bob, thank you, and Merry Christmas to all!

[quote name='wolfcathorse']Does anyone have a good link to the port can for Sydney? My webcamsydney keeps coming up error 404, page not found. TIA[/quote]

I just tried that site and it works for me.

Thanks a lot. Now I'll never get off my computer. lol.

I'm flying there in three months for my cruise.

Try this one - from the other side

[url]http://www.earthtv.com/en/webcam/sydney-opera-house[/url]