Host Sharon

Port Shuttle info from P&O pages

On 2/28/2018 at 1:27 PM, Ginfizz said:

I also believed that Complimentary shuttle buses were provided for Select fare paying passengers.

Only the P&O provided shuttles are complimentary.

If it is a Port Shuttle with a charge, then you still have to pay.

2 hours ago, FiftyOnePlus said:

Only the P&O provided shuttles are complimentary.

If it is a Port Shuttle with a charge, then you still have to pay.

Yes that's correct, but P&O only provide their complimentary (free) shuttle buses to select fare passengers. There is a charge for Saver fare passengers. The charge is collected via your cruise card as it is scanned as you board the shuttle bus.

On 30 October 2018 at 2:00 PM, Tom Baker said:

Just booked Ventura (N916) Info on shuttle buses to the following locations;

Torshavn - No Shuttle Bus Service
Akureyri - No Shuttle Bus Service , Possible Tender
Isafjordur - No Shuttle Bus Service, Tender to Shore
Reykjavik - Shuttle Bus Available
Greenock - No Shuttle Bus Service
Belfast - No Shuttle Bus Service

We are on this cruise. I am in a wheelchair so am a bit disappointed about no shuttle bus in Belfast.  It means finding an accessible taxi to get to the Titanic museum.  I already knew about the tenders.

3 hours ago, happytravelleruk said:

We are on this cruise. I am in a wheelchair so am a bit disappointed about no shuttle bus in Belfast.  It means finding an accessible taxi to get to the Titanic museum.  I already knew about the tenders.

Akureyri has a 2 berth dock, so assuming that there are less than 3 cruise ships on that day a tender may not be necessary (unless P&O are just tight about port fees)

On 11/3/2018 at 11:31 AM, happytravelleruk said:

I would be very surprised if there is no shuttle in Belfast.  I visited almost 2 years ago on Queen Elizabeth and there was a shuttle service provided to take pax to the main square near the City Hall.  The dock is not in the City Centre and is a good 25/30 minutes walk at least.  It is also worth noting that the Titanic Museum is not in the City Centre.  We walked it but it is a brisk 15-20 minutes.  I would also advise pre-booking the museum - it is very busy!

The link posted by AJ22 (thank you ) is actually Cunard.  P&O used to provide a list like this but I can't find one now and Sharon's link for P&O doesn't work.  Might we assume the Cunard list would be the same for P&O or is that too much of a leap of faith?  Has anyone found an up to date P&O list or can anyone tell me if P&O provide a shuttle in Lisbon?

2 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

The link posted by AJ22 (thank you ) is actually Cunard.  P&O used to provide a list like this but I can't find one now and Sharon's link for P&O doesn't work.  Might we assume the Cunard list would be the same for P&O or is that too much of a leap of faith?  Has anyone found an up to date P&O list or can anyone tell me if P&O provide a shuttle in Lisbon?

It's a while ago now, but think I found the list by searching on the P&O website. I was surprised that a Cunard list came up, but assumed it was because they are both owned by Carnival Group.

12 minutes ago, AJ22 said:

It's a while ago now, but think I found the list by searching on the P&O website. I was surprised that a Cunard list came up, but assumed it was because they are both owned by Carnival Group.

Thanks for that feedback - fingers crossed that it applies to both.  Actually i did mean to ask about Valencia, not Lisbon(!) but as that does say shuttle provided on your link I'll hope that is the case.  

Posted (edited)

I think that the PDF I have attached is now quite old and may be wrong for some ports. We have just returned from Dubai and Abu Dhabi and the shuttle dropped at a different location than the ones mentioned in the document.

If anyone is visiting Dubai or Abu Dhabi -

Abu Dhabi shuttle dropped at Abu Dhabi Mall and not at Marina Mall

Dubai shuttle dropped at  the Dubai Mall and not at Burjuman Mall

Both were free to all passengers

PO_Shuttle_Information.pdf

Edited by bee-ess

7 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Yes they do. From the new berth into the city centre. It drops by the square with the Art Decor cinema. Next to a railway station.

However the Black Horse square is only a 15 minute walk along the Tagus. Inland (left)

10 minutes ago, daiB said:

Yes they do. From the new berth into the city centre. It drops by the square with the Art Decor cinema. Next to a railway station.

However the Black Horse square is only a 15 minute walk along the Tagus. Inland (left)

Thanks dai, - I actually made a mistake asking for Lisbon as it was Valencia I was researching at the time, but since we are going to Lisbon too, I'll make a note of that info as it will be helpful to know.  

9 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Thanks dai, - I actually made a mistake asking for Lisbon as it was Valencia I was researching at the time, but since we are going to Lisbon too, I'll make a note of that info as it will be helpful to know.  

There is one in Valencia as well. That is quite a distance from the port. 20/30 mins.

14 minutes ago, daiB said:

There is one in Valencia as well. That is quite a distance from the port. 20/30 mins.

Thanks - good to know especially as the port is some distance from the centre.

14 minutes ago, daiB said:

Thanks - good to know especially as the port is some distance from the centre.