You are a Cunard Regular if....

cruise44

You mean the Midships Bar, don't you Ken ??

I'm sitting at a bar looking at map of the North Atlantic Route located above the backbar... other than that I have no idea where I am.... :confused:

But I would like another pink gin, please, and could you burn the bitters?:)

But I would like another pink gin, please, and could you burn the bitters?:)

Ooh. Iv've never heard of this! Do tell!

What's in it?

Obviously Gin and Bitters. Anything else?

Believe it or not (don't hit me) I picked up some FRENCH gin recenly!

It's blue tinted. Tastes a bit like Bombay Sapphire. Very smoo-o-o-oth!~

I like my martinis with GIN not (ugh) Vodka!.

Wave a knife over the unopened bottle of Vermouth, then over the cocktail shaker. There you go! Now THAT's dry!

...if every time you receive a new Cunard brochure,

you immediately turn to the inside back cover to see

if there is any update on the new 'Queen Victoria' ...

( by the way, the latest info was to be announced

by Cunard last September - has anyone heard any more? )

There are two ship wreck sites shown on the map over the Chartroom on the QE2. One is the Titanic - what is the other?

Since I'm usually focussing on my Dry Martini....I'd guess the Lusitania....though I don't remember either.....

Peter

...if every time you receive a new Cunard brochure, you immediately turn to the inside back cover to see if there is any update on the new 'Queen Victoria' ... ( by the way, the latest info was to be announced by Cunard last September - has anyone heard any more? )

The last I heard was from the well informed Prinsendam/Stephen in mid-August:

Some construction work was done on the second Queen Victoria but a few weeks ago... the sections that were sitting in the building dock were lifted out and work has now begin on construction of a new ship for Carnival. My guess is that it will be at least 18 months to two years before the Carnival ship is floated oout and work resumes on the QV. If she IS built I doubt we will see her before 2009.

Stephen

So you are a Cunard regular if you hope they keep the QE2 forever (updated and upgraded of course - her late '60s look would be very cool...) and the QUEEN VICTORIA keeps slipping back.....

Peter

Silly me! LUSITANIA was i) a Cunarder and ii) it would be being beastly to the Germans. Anyway, I think I've remembered - but looks like I've run out of turns! So its i) Not a Cunarder and ii) Not beastly to the Germans.....and if I'm right, iii) was the first liner to have three outdoor swimming pools......(which is quite a big hint for the rest of you...)

Peter

Don't let's be beastly to the ther Germans, Peter. I'll follow my secret heart and make a wild guess re: the second sinking marked on the chart, but it's a only a guess. A liner that has three outdoor pools would likely have been a warm weather ship, meaning it took the southern route to NY. Is it the Andrea Doria?

Archived