? about 3M Command Hooks

regnig

If applied and removed according to the directions do 3M Command Hooks really not hurt the wall surfaces in HAL staterooms? I'd love to take some on our next cruise and I've read several regular CC posters stating they use them but I want to be certain I will not cause any damage.

I'd love to hear from actual users.

Thanks in advance! :D

You really have to stretch them when removing them in order to get them off cleanly.

Used them on our cruise last month! Love them... especially since the metal hooks that HAL puts up are way to high for me! Just be sure to stretch them out completely when you go to remove them. They came off easily without any mark or sign that they'd been up!!

I've never been happy with those. WE used magnetic hooks on our last crise (they stick to the walls) and they worked a charm...

Our balcony stateroom on the Zuiderdam last month did NOT have metal walls... magnets did not stick -- glad I had 3m's---working perfectly.

Aside from those who are not tall enough to use the regular hooks, what do you use them for?

I've never thought, "Gee I could use a hook over there."

(I do use magnets to hold papers/excursion tickets to the cabin walls instead of as a mess on the tables.)

Aside from those who are not tall enough to use the regular hooks, what do you use them for?

I've never thought, "Gee I could use a hook over there."

(I do use magnets to hold papers/excursion tickets to the cabin walls instead of as a mess on the tables.)

DH used the high metal hooks for his clothes (especially at night) I put up hooks closer to the desk and hung my hat and exercise clothes. Could I have lived without them? sure... but they made life a bit easier! I missed the magnets to hold papers---wonder if 3m makes a CLIP as well as hooks??

DH used the high metal hooks for his clothes (especially at night) I put up hooks closer to the desk and hung my hat and exercise clothes. Could I have lived without them? sure... but they made life a bit easier! I missed the magnets to hold papers---wonder if 3m makes a CLIP as well as hooks??

Yes, they make clips.

I have never taken them and don't intend to take any.

I don't want to take the chance of ruining anything.

Same here. I guess I do understand the utility of them for some passengers in some cabins but, no offense, the idea of stuff hanging off the cabin walls doesn't work for me.

If applied and removed according to the directions do 3M Command Hooks really not hurt the wall surfaces in HAL staterooms? I'd love to take some on our next cruise and I've read several regular CC posters stating they use them but I want to be certain I will not cause any damage.

I'd love to hear from actual users.

Thanks in advance! :D

I would never use them..

Hmmmm.

How about this one. If you invited a guest into your home.... and they stuck 3M hooks on the walls in your bedroom.... would you be happy?

Completely agree with you, but both our guest room closet & our bedroom closet is full..

We have over the door hooks which has three hooks on it for hangars, that I put in both our guest room & our own bedroom.. I protect the doors with a clear sheet of plastic which works very well.. I take one of the plastic ones with us when we cruise & can usually find a place to use it..

Oh stop it.....they cause no damage......sheesh!

Is it your property? Don't stuck anything on it. Simple.

Sheesh! I heard people sticking all kinds of things in cabins. They leave residue of glue. Even blue tack.... leaves residue.

It is not your property.

Oh stop it.....they cause no damage......sheesh!

Thanks for jumping in here as after the last few posts I'd begun to worry about creating a controversy :o without even offering to serve Pop-Corn. :eek::rolleyes:

The issue wasn't what I might need them for or whether I'd like guests in my own home using them or if they fell within the bounds of someone else's view of good etiquette, it was simply would they "really not hurt the wall surfaces in HAL staterooms" as "I want to be certain I will not cause any damage."

Thanks again!

Sheesh! I heard people sticking all kinds of things in cabins. They leave residue of glue. Even blue tack.... leaves residue.

It is not your property.

Topsham I'm gathering by this that you have used them in a HAL stateroom and upon removal they left damage. :confused:?????:confused:

I've used them on several different surfaces at home without problem but wasn't certain of HAL stateroom walls.

It is not your property.

Its not glue and leaves no "residue". No discolorations or sticky crud. Obviously you are not familiar with the stuff:rolleyes: