? about 3M Command Hooks

regnig

Some people don't follow directions and you could pull paint off. But it is simple instruction on how to remove if you know how to look at the little pictures and read. I repeat......grat stuff!!!

Exactly. It CAN remove paint or leave residue. Again... it is not YOUR property!

No different than a magnet.....I repeat....No damage and great product to use in your cruise cabin.:)

Thanks, already packed in the "odds & ends" bag. :D

And since I believe the stateroom walls are covered with a vinyl wallpaper no paint to remove and I'll make certain I wipe off any residue that might remain. That ought to keep everyone happy. :):rolleyes:

Thanks for jumping in here as after the last few posts I'd begun to worry about creating a controversy :o without even offering to serve Pop-Corn. :eek::rolleyes:

The issue wasn't what I might need them for or whether I'd like guests in my own home using them or if they fell within the bounds of someone else's view of good etiquette, it was simply would they "really not hurt the wall surfaces in HAL staterooms" as "I want to be certain I will not cause any damage."

Thanks again!

Exactly. It CAN remove paint or leave residue. Again... it is not YOUR property!

I realize that Topsham & I are in the minority however suggest you look at all the comments about these hooks before putting them on a HAL Wall..

This is a quote from someone who removed paint from a unit they were renting..

1.0 out of 5 stars

Ripped Paint from Drywall Upon Removal By M. Gant on January 23, 2012

Size: 1 Large HookColor: Metalic Nickel

We moved as a result of my husband being transferred and decided to rent until we got to know our new city. I have a home office and asked my husband to hang a couple of hooks for me to hang things like a headset and other light items that I don't want resting on flat surfaces taking up space. My husband hung this one for the headset, but then I moved my office around and needed him to move it. When he moved it, it took all the paint from the area where it had been mounted and exposed the drywall. The whole point of using these instead of hooks mounted with nails or screws was to minimize damage to our rental house, but now we have to sand, prime and paint a 1x2" area where the command hook was located. Would have been easier to spackle where screws had been and just do touch ups. Unquote

IMO I would never take the chance as don't know if it would ruin a wall in my cabin which you would be responsible for.. The above comment was made by the person on the Amazon WEB site who gave the hooks one star.. For some reason I could not capture the WEB site but you have to look at all the comments by turning the pages..

BTW for those who don't know Topsham, he is both a wonderful artist AKA Captain Card who does many of HAL's & other Cruise lines lovely paintings & is also a former Captain of large ships..

Edited by serendipity1499

I've used the Command hooks, but I find them very tricky to remove without causing damage. I had a dozen on my wall and only 3 of them came off with no damage. That's a 75% damage rate. I'm not willing to take that with someone else's property.

But then I don't really understand the need for additional hooks in the cabins anyway. I've never needed more hooks than were provided. I've always had plenty of storage space.

Edited by ellieanne