Live...mostly...from Anthem

KarinaGW

This is a great question!! My grandfather is onboard and I'm concerned about him eating and his blood sugar during the storm. (he has diabetes)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hopefully your Grandfather has a few snacks. I always have protein bars and crackers. Wishing everyone comes through the storm safe and sound.

Hope there are no major injuries, no doubt about heart attacks. Hope you get to a safe port to get everyone taken care of that needs medical attention and ensure the ship itself is safe enough to continue on. I couldn't imagine sailing in that type of weather, I would be beyond scared.

Sounds like this was completely avoidable....I wonder if the Captain is going to be replaced. I would seriously question his judgment on this one. Not trying to Monday morning quarterback it, he obviously thought he had some favorable conditions...but it will be interesting to see how Royal Caribbean responds. Hope everyone onboard is safe.

Thanks Lisa, we are on the ship now, a large white structure broke off the top of the ship and landed in the pool (I believe it was on of the radar balls). I spoke to some crew member who said crew was only responding to critical emergencies currently, 2 passengers had heart attacks (that was about 2 hours ago). Thanks for your support of RC.

Just down on deck 4, looks like a war zone, passengers holding onto seat cushions since all the life vests are safely locked up in storage closets so that RC can fit more cabins on the ship! Metal railing on outside promenade is bent over. Water was pouring in they needed to close water tight doors. It was an interesting day but talk about a critical lapse in judgement by RC, they knew the storm was coming they told us to expect rough seas during the initial muster drill as we were leaving NY yesterday!

Just down on deck 4, looks like a war zone, passengers holding onto seat cushions since all the life vests are safely locked up in storage closets so that RC can fit more cabins on the ship! Metal railing on outside promenade is bent over. Water was pouring in they needed to close water tight doors. It was an interesting day but talk about a critical lapse in judgement by RC, they knew the storm was coming they told us to expect rough seas during the initial muster drill as we were leaving NY yesterday!

Just wait until the pictures and videos start getting posted, we all have several. Crazy

Oh gosh that's scary. We just got off the ship yesterday, I can't imagine the scene right now with bent railings and so much damage. It will cost them more to repair everything than it would have to spend extra gas and go around, or stay back and wait it out. I expect after all the drama of our cruise being late and the changed itinerary they didn't want to deal with another storm related incident but they got one anyway. Hope everyone is ok!

Well, for those uber curious people wondering if anyone got seasick, my husband just did. I've only seen the man puke once in 4.5 years together, so that's something. We probably shouldn't have dared to share a jar of Pringles out of the mini bar.

The weather has gotten better, but it's still pretty bad. Super severe rocking.

I think they are showing a double feature The Posiden Adventure and The Titanic. Bonus of the Perfect Storm.

Not funny!

Shame on you! There are folks on the ship who may have been injured. There are reports of medical emergencies and you have the audacity to post as you did?

Shame!

Well, for those uber curious people wondering if anyone got seasick, my husband just did. I've only seen the man puke once in 4.5 years together, so that's something. We probably shouldn't have dared to share a jar of Pringles out of the mini bar.

The weather has gotten better, but it's still pretty bad. Super severe rocking.

Awww poor guy!

Sea's are better. Not calm by any means. Not extreme like they were. I still can't walk without getting sick. The stewards are going door to door and handing out bananna's, water and candy packages. But the announcements come every hour and are usually very vague. I'm a bit dissapointed, but it is what it is.

I am trying to avoid negative thoughts on the captain or royal's judgment here since all i can think about right now is getting through this.

But that said... Please everyone bookmark this thread so that next time you see someone complain about missing a port or being behind schedule due to weather, you can point to what happens when you actually do go through a "hurricane strength" storm. Then ask them, "would you rather go through 10 hours of helpless horror and real, true risks? Or would you rather miss the port?"