Newbie Last Minute Questions!

We are leaving this Saturday on Independence of the Seas and we have no idea what we're doing, haha. Please bear with me, I might be posting more questions later.

1. Our return flight doesn't leave until 6 pm, what in the world are we going to do with our luggage until then? I didn't realize that disembarkation was early in the morning, we just chose one of the flights that our TA recommended.

2. Is the tap water on the ship okay to drink and does it taste okay? I about choked when I saw the prices for the "water package", are you kidding me?

3. When you buy things on the ship that are not included in your fare (i.e. Ben and Jerry's, etc.), do you have to carry cash or credit card around with you, or do they somehow charge it to your account and then you pay the whole thing before the end of the trip?

4. We are thinking about buying the wifi package because my mom will be watching our toddler without us for the first time and I want her to have easy access to asking us questions, etc. So, when you have the wifi, I assume you can do email, but can you do text with that? We have iPads and iPhone, haven't decided which device will get the package yet.

5. When you go to the pools, do you take towels from your room or do they have towels there? Just trying to decide which pool bag to bring, big enough for towels or just big enough for book, sunscreen etc?

That's all for now... thanks so much!

Kristen

We are leaving this Saturday on Independence of the Seas and we have no idea what we're doing, haha. Please bear with me, I might be posting more questions later.

1. Our return flight doesn't leave until 6 pm, what in the world are we going to do with our luggage until then? I didn't realize that disembarkation was early in the morning, we just chose one of the flights that our TA recommended. Check into Luggage Valet once you board.

2. Is the tap water on the ship okay to drink and does it taste okay? I about choked when I saw the prices for the "water package", are you kidding me? OK to drink.

3. When you buy things on the ship that are not included in your fare (i.e. Ben and Jerry's, etc.), do you have to carry cash or credit card around with you, or do they somehow charge it to your account and then you pay the whole thing before the end of the trip? Onboard purchases go on your onboard account (SeaPass card) and are settled at the end of the cruise with credit card or cash.

4. We are thinking about buying the wifi package because my mom will be watching our toddler without us for the first time and I want her to have easy access to asking us questions, etc. So, when you have the wifi, I assume you can do email, but can you do text with that? We have iPads and iPhone, haven't decided which device will get the package yet. You can text if you use an internet based text service like iMessage or WhatsApp.

5. When you go to the pools, do you take towels from your room or do they have towels there? Just trying to decide which pool bag to bring, big enough for towels or just big enough for book, sunscreen etc? There are towels available to check-out on the pool deck.

Kristen

Answers in RED above.

1. Our return flight doesn't leave until 6 pm, what in the world are we going to do with our luggage until then? I didn't realize that disembarkation was early in the morning, we just chose one of the flights that our TA recommended.

We usually do one of the ship tours that drops you at the airport around 2pm...it kills most of the day.

2. Is the tap water on the ship okay to drink and does it taste okay? I about choked when I saw the prices for the "water package", are you kidding me?

Its OK, but you can fill bottles up in the Windjammer cafe. Don't fill the bottles directly from the dispenser...this is a health hazard. Get glasses of water and pour them into your empty bottles.

3. When you buy things on the ship that are not included in your fare (i.e. Ben and Jerry's, etc.), do you have to carry cash or credit card around with you, or do they somehow charge it to your account and then you pay the whole thing before the end of the trip?

All ships are 'cashless'. Your Seapass card (same size as a credit card) is your room key, identification for getting on and off the ship and used for any onboard purchases (including drinks at bars, restaurant or poolside). You will be asked for a credit card at check in to charge everything to at the end of the cruise. You will get a bill on the last night. CHECK IT! They make mistakes!!

4. We are thinking about buying the wifi package because my mom will be watching our toddler without us for the first time and I want her to have easy access to asking us questions, etc. So, when you have the wifi, I assume you can do email, but can you do text with that? We have iPads and iPhone, haven't decided which device will get the package yet.

Texts are usually done through your phone company. Check with them before you go what they will charge for calls/texts at sea.

5. When you go to the pools, do you take towels from your room or do they have towels there? Just trying to decide which pool bag to bring, big enough for towels or just big enough for book, sunscreen etc?

You get towels poolside, but I think you still have to 'sign' them out with your Seapass card. If so, remember to return them at the end of the cruise or you will be charged.

Kristen

Simon

Kristen

I might be able to help a bit.

1) you might be able to use the luggage valet program. You pay a fee and you bags are taken from the ship, next time you see them is at your home airport.

2)tap water is fine. Tastes great

3)no cash, use you sea pass card. Purchases are charged to you account

4) can't help with wi-fi

5) get towels at the pool, you might have to swipe your card for them. Just be sure to turn them back in