What to wear - cave tubing and zipline tour

sashasmommy1

We are going on the tour outline below. It says bring a towel and change of clothes. All it says under What to Wear is hat and sunglasses. Are you supposed to wear bathing suits? Quick dry shorts and shirt? My bathing suit is a swim dress, so wearing shorts over it is do-able, but I'd rather not. I'm not sure at what point you change clothes, either. I assume after tubing and before zip line? Thanks!

Cave Tubing & Aerial Trek

Prepare for an exhilarating experience as you zipline your way through Nohoch Chen Archaeological rainforest and tube through the Mayan underworld of Xibalba. Your zip-line adventure boasts an aerial view of the Belizean jungle and includes seven zip lines from 10 platforms. Following a tasty lunch, you will tube through a variety of cave systems in Xibalba and be awed by the intricate crystalline formations and stalagmites and stalactites that stand out in the dark.

you will probably do the zipline portion first, then cave tubing. i would recommend not changing clothes before ziplining or between the activities, as you will only hold up the group. but you will want to wear a bathing suit for cave tubing (unless you are ok getting your clothes wet), and i wouldnt recommend only ziplining in your bathing suit. the reason for that is that you wear the straps along the same lines as you would wear underwear (waist and where your legs meet your groin area), and that would be very uncomfortable on bare skin. so i would recommend either getting a different bathing suit or just wearing shorts or yoga capris under your bathing suit's skirt. you'll likely leave any dry clothes in the van while you tube and you can change into dry clothes again before you head back to the ship.

I did this excursion (or one similar) a few years ago. Half of the group did one first and the other did the opposite. I did the zip first and wore regular clothes. When you get to the cave tubing area, there was a changing room and lockers (for rent....but cheap) to store your stuff. After the tubing was over, we had lunch right there. If you are given a choice, I would do the zip line first. Don't forget your water shoes....or some kind of shoes that you don't mind getting wet. Have fun!!

Yes--definitely wear shorts and a t-shirt over your bathing suit.

What company are you using for your tube/zip? I am researching right now, and can't decide.

We booked with cavetubing.com "BUTT'S UP" - great communication, reviews have been good also. $65/pp