April Sailing on Westerdam-What Should We Expect?

don512

We will be sailing on the Westerdam on the April 9th cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. This is the week that ends with Easter Sunday. Although this is not spring break in the area that we live, I am sure that it is in some states. I know that HAL generally appeals to an older crowd, but I have read that the Vista ships are made to appeal to a younger, more family type cruiser. We are two couples (late 40s-early 50s) and are traveling without children. We are sailing this cuise for the itinerary, which I have found on only two other cruises, on in March (middle of college spring break) and early January (too early in the year). Any idea of what we can expect at this time of the year?

Most schools take the week after Easter (starting with good friday of course) off so the ship should not have more children on board than normal. We have cruised twice in March and there is a wide range of ages on board the Vista class ships that time of year. There will be some children on board (we take our son out of school to cruise) but probably not more than 100 or so.

I think the schools here in Florida are closed that week so you may see a few more families w/children on board. I don't think it will be a problem on Westerdam though. I have found HAL to have a great program for the kids.

I may be booking the same cruise and believe me I would not do it if I thought children would be a problem. I love kids but not when I cruise.

I am new to HAL & the OP of the other thread started about the 4/9/06 Westerdam. FYI I called HAL today to find out the # of kids booked on this cruise. Although I have different motives than some of you...I was hoping for a few more kids since we are bringing our 2 sons. Here's the stats so far.

Ages 1 - 3....6 booked

Ages 4 - 7.....7

Ages 8 - 12.....15

Ages 13 - 17.....20

I just hope their Club HAL program is as wonderful as they say!

Archived