.Deep Sea Fishing

rucruisn2

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Costa Maya end of August and went fishing. Not too many choices, see the web site below:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaShoreExcursions.htm

We were on the 31ft Pro-Line. Went about 1-2 mile off shore, just beyond the reefs. Followed shoreline north for about 1-1/2 hours then returned. Only caught 1 barricuda, had three other fish hooked but lost them. Weather was rather breezy so the water was a bit choppy, with 3-5 foot waves. We only paid for two hours ($200) but we were out for over three. There was a charter at noon we had to be back for. All in all not a bad day, would have been better if the seas were calmer. No fighting chair, went with my BIL, 17 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter. My son ended up driving the boat most of the way which he loved. Daughter ended up sick towards the end. Stll had a good time.

Thanks for the info, doesn't sound all that great. Were from New England and have a boat ourselves so going out for 1 barricuda isn't what we have in mind. We were thinking along the lines of hooking up with something big. We'll be in Florida for the winter as well, maybe do some charters there Thanks again!

I went fishing there last year in January. Prices are very flexible we went out for 3 hours actaually about 4. It was very rough. Not a bite. Captain was willing to stay out as long as we wanted. We had to tell him to go in so we could make ship. I live in New England also and we have much better fishing here. Was a reasonable price $200 just assume you are going for a ride not fishing. Overall it is a wonderful port.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived