Jewish Temple in Barbados

Giantfan13

We are of the Jewish faith and would love to visit the Jewish Synagogue on Barbados. Is this included in any tours?

Can anyone recommend a good tour company of private taxi driver we can contact to help us tour the island. We are really not beach people so we do like to tour and see other attractions.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Keith

We did book a group tour in Barbados and our tour guide said he has some time he will take us over there, How far a walk is it from where the ship docks. Like if he drops us off at the temple on the way back, how far is it back to the dock.

And who would we have to contact to also get a tour of the temple?

Cheers

Len

• 10 months later...
Thanks Keith

We did book a group tour in Barbados and our tour guide said he has some time he will take us over there, How far a walk is it from where the ship docks. Like if he drops us off at the temple on the way back, how far is it back to the dock.

And who would we have to contact to also get a tour of the temple?

Cheers

Len

I realize that this thread has not had activity in nearly a year but my hope is that someone will see this and respond .

We were last at the synagogue in 1994 .I know that we walked from the cruise terminal but I cannot recall the route.

Can someone tell me if there is a direct route on level ground ?Would I be able to obtain a street map ?

I will be in Barbados next month and would love to go back to the synagogue.

Lenny

The Synagogue is about a mile from the cruise terminal.

Free maps are available in the cruise terminal. It's a good walk and not all flat as I remember. A taxi might run you US$15-25 one way for up to four (4) in the cab. (NOT each!)

Check out what Barbados.ORG has to say about it. They offer walking tours, too, at the bottom of the page.

http://www.barbados.org/jewish.htm

Here is a little more info for you from Tripadvisor:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147263-d147805-Reviews-Jewish_Synagogue-Bridgetown_Saint_Michael_Parish_Barbados.html#REVIEWS

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Edited by ming
added info

This would interest me very much as well. I am also going next month.

Me, too, although we won't be there until Feb. 2018.

We were there mid -January of this year, but it happened to be a national holiday in Barbados, and everything was closed.

Once again, we took a taxi/shuttle from right outside the cruise terminal for $2.00, that takes you right to the main part of Bridgetown. Here we wandered about a bit, strolling thru the town and into a park. Since we were at the Synagogue in March, we really didn't want to revisit it, but if you ask anyone, they will direct you there. It is a short walk from the center of town and afterwards, you can shuttle back to the cruise port for another $2.00 pp. Just no need for a taxi.

Cheers

Len

Once again, we took a taxi/shuttle from right outside the cruise terminal for $2.00, that takes you right to the main part of Bridgetown. Here we wandered about a bit, strolling thru the town and into a park. Since we were at the Synagogue in March, we really didn't want to revisit it, but if you ask anyone, they will direct you there. It is a short walk from the center of town and afterwards, you can shuttle back to the cruise port for another $2.00 pp. Just no need for a taxi.

Cheers

Len

Thanks,Len .We go to synagogues every place that we travel to .

We grew up in Brooklyn and loved going to the various synagogues there over the years .

Lenny

• 4 weeks later...
We are of the Jewish faith and would love to visit the Jewish Synagogue on Barbados. Is this included in any tours?

Can anyone recommend a good tour company of private taxi driver we can contact to help us tour the island. We are really not beach people so we do like to tour and see other attractions.

Cheers

Len

always found it interesting that almost every Island my DW and I visited in the past, no matter how small some were... always had a Synagogue! some, side by side w Church's..love history...:D