Cost and how to book retreat cabanas

jerseygirl3

I believe $299 for a standard cabana, $499 for a "family" cabana (weekly rates). There are two family cabanas, bigger than standards, on the corners. Call HAL ship services, and yes, you can reserve a specific cabana. Ship services emailed me a layout in order to choose. Also, you can find a layout with a search here on CC, or a google search.

Thank you for the information.

I do have a couple of additional questions. Looking at the "floor plan" for the cabanas, it appears the Retreat Cabanas on Eurodam are significantly smaller than the Nieuw Amsterdam. Is that true?

Also, anybody have pros and cons associated with booking a Retreat Cabana vs a Lido Cabana. And if anybody has suggestions on which cabana to book, that would be helpful as well.

TIA

I do have a couple of additional questions. Looking at the "floor plan" for the cabanas, it appears the Retreat Cabanas on Eurodam are significantly smaller than the Nieuw Amsterdam. Is that true?

Also, anybody have pros and cons associated with booking a Retreat Cabana vs a Lido Cabana. And if anybody has suggestions on which cabana to book, that would be helpful as well.

TIA

I can't say I've found them that much different in size. You could not pay me to take a lido cabana. Too hot and noisy. You can't book a specific cabana but you can put in a request for one. If you want airflow pick the ones facing the pool. The side ones have plexiglass sides.

I can't say I've found them that much different in size. You could not pay me to take a lido cabana. Too hot and noisy. You can't book a specific cabana but you can put in a request for one. If you want airflow pick the ones facing the pool. The side ones have plexiglass sides.

I think we've pretty much narrowed it down to a Retreat cabana. Now the decision is whether to book a family retreat cabana or a regular retreat cabana. My sister will be joining us on this cruise, as will a few other friends, so maybe they can take turns enjoying it since it holds four.

TIA

ON Eurodam if you book a lido cabana and there is a large group on your cruise who are using the Lido pool for an event you will lose the use of your cabana for the afternoon. Something to think about.

TIA

We had a Lido cabana for two weeks on the NA and if booking one again, I would choose a Retreat cabana. The Lido one was hot, humid and stuffy with no airflow at all. You also feel as though you are on display as people walk by constantly and invariably gawk at you. The Retreat area is private so I would expect that issue would not be a problem there.

We've done Lido Cabanas several times and love them. We did a Retreat Cabana for a day once just to try it. It was great, but we didn't like the distance to the pool. I'm sure that is just a personal preference, but it's our opinion.

To us, the Lido Cabanas on NA are much nicer than on Eurodam because of the location. They are on starboard rather than port, so there is a little less foot traffic there.

We've done Lido Cabanas several times and love them. We did a Retreat Cabana for a day once just to try it. It was great, but we didn't like the distance to the pool. I'm sure that is just a personal preference, but it's our opinion.

To us, the Lido Cabanas on NA are much nicer than on Eurodam because of the location. They are on starboard rather than port, so there is a little less foot traffic there.

Definitely if you want to be very close to the pool the lido cabanas would be better.

Never having seen a retreat cabana on the NA, I was wondering if someone could please tell me if there is room for four people in the standard ones--- not the family cabanas.

They do not allow 4 adults in the standard. For $250 more for a 15 day sailing it was worth it to us to book the family retreat cabana so we could share it with my sister and a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never having seen a retreat cabana on the NA, I was wondering if someone could please tell me if there is room for four people in the standard ones--- not the family cabanas.

Yes. There are two chairs at a round table, and two loungers. The table is about the size of the ones on a suite balcony. We were on a cruise with my father in law, and no one ever said anything when he dropped by. We also had some friends pop by for about an hour one afternoon.

Most of the time, it was just my wife in the cabana. So, mathematically, we averaged under 2 people. I wish we had known you wanted to see them, as you were on the Nieuw Amsterdam with us. I feel doubly bad, since you let us visit your cabana on Grand Turk.

Darned rude, those Americans.

The standard cabana is meant to be used by two people. Often people will have someone drop by for an hour or so but I have seen the cabana attendants remind people that the cabana is only to be used by two people. (We were on a sailing where four people were using the standard cabana and there was a complaint lodged by another passenger. The loud talking and laughing was a bit much in an area called "The Retreat".)

If you want to have four people use the cabana for most of the time, then you should book the family retreat cabana that is specified for four.

I also rented a lido cabana for a 12 night cruise but would not do so again unless they could guarantee me a fan. We went for the lido cabana as my daughter was 10 and I wanted to keep an eye on her in the pool. It was far too hot and I kept requesting a fan from the steward who was looking after the cabanas but to no avail. I spent majority of my time at one of the tables near the lido pool.

On the last day I was so fed up with it that I went to the reception desk and asked myself for a fan. At first they said they could not get me one as they did not have an extension long enough and when I stood my ground they did finally find an extension. What a difference it made and what a difference it would have made to my holiday had a fan been set up from beforehand. I can't be the first to complain of the heat so I don't understand why in the summer months they do not have the equipment to hand.

It did not ruin my holiday as it was a fantastic itinerary and I'm hoping to sail again with HAL this summer (but will not be renting a cabana!)

The standard cabana is meant to be used by two people. Often people will have someone drop by for an hour or so but I have seen the cabana attendants remind people that the cabana is only to be used by two people. (We were on a sailing where four people were using the standard cabana and there was a complaint lodged by another passenger. The loud talking and laughing was a bit much in an area called "The Retreat".)

If you want to have four people use the cabana for most of the time, then you should book the family retreat cabana that is specified for four.

Thank you for the reply. That is good information for me.

Yes. There are two chairs at a round table, and two loungers. The table is about the size of the ones on a suite balcony. We were on a cruise with my father in law, and no one ever said anything when he dropped by. We also had some friends pop by for about an hour one afternoon.

Most of the time, it was just my wife in the cabana. So, mathematically, we averaged under 2 people. I wish we had known you wanted to see them, as you were on the Nieuw Amsterdam with us. I feel doubly bad, since you let us visit your cabana on Grand Turk.

Darned rude, those Americans.

Between you and Ithacagal I can determine that two people can use them with an occasional drop in allowed. Thanks to both for the info.

Can anyone advise how far in advance you can book a cabana? I did phone HAL services last week to inquire about April 2017 - Panama cruise - but they aren't taking bookings that far out. She suggested calling again in August or so. I'm just afraid of missing it - any recommendations from you folks who have rented them? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which ships have the cabanas? And are they available for use 24hrs. a day? Thinking about getting an inside and then a cabana for something in the future.

No, they are not available 24 hours a day. 8-5.

Koningsdam, N. Amsterdam, Eurodam, Noordam for sure. Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam either have them, or will soon.