Still no newson the Ruby "re-deployment" changes

nunuc2000

It's been almost a week since Princess totally messed up our travel plans thanks to their "redeployment" of the Ruby this fall... and still zero info on what the chopped up replacement cruises are going to look like.

Even my PVP is clueless, and states that they haven't been told anything yet, other than Princess has cancelled the 7 day cruises in favour of shorter ones, but that's it.

Princess has done an absolutely terrible job of handling this, and it's not getting any better. At least if I knew what the replacement cruises were going to look like, I *might* be able to reschedule something and salvage some Coastal cruising as originally intended, but I need to get that settled ASAP in order to also get our flights booked quickly. Being left hanging like this is getting more expensive by the day for flights, not to mention the increased frustration of dealing with Princess.

Just so disappointed with Princess' handling of everything in this matter. I expected so much better from them. :mad:

Have you called Princess since the last time you complained about this? I don't know why your PVP wouldn't have been able to find the information, but presumably they've been our of the office over the weekend and today anyway. Anyone at Princess should be able to give you the information. I'm pretty sure I saw someone saying the short itineraries of the new cruises didn't appeal to them, so it can't be that much of a secret.

Looks like this:

Sept 26 - 4 night (LA, at sea, Santa Barbara, Ensenada, LA)

Sept 30 - 4 night (LA, San Diego, At Sea, Ensenada, LA)

Oct 4 - 4 night (LA, at sea, Santa Barbara, Ensenada, LA)

Oct 8 - 7 night (LA, at sea, SFO, at sea, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Ensenada, LA)

(Gap)

Oct 22 - 7 night (LA, at sea, SFO, at sea, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Ensenada, LA)

Edited by Coral

Looks like this:

Oct 8 - 7 night (LA, at sea, SFO, at sea, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Ensenada, LA)

(Gap)

Oct 22 - 7 night (LA, at sea, SFO, at sea, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Ensenada, LA)

How nice of you, Coral! I'm sure when OP sees that, it will make her day!

Wait, are the 7 day cruises going away? we had a Thanksgiving cruise booked. :eek:

I think it is just that short time period where they made changes.

======

This is one of those situations where the OP could have easily benefited from having a real Travel Agent to help navigate through this. Princess agents work for Princess. Travel Agents work for YOU. And I am not a Travel Agent, just have benefitted from having one when things go awry.

Edited by Coral

Looks like this:

(Gap)

Thanks Coral!! That's more info than Princess has... if the pricing is right, we might be able to consider the Sept 30 and Oct 4 B2B... but not sure the "vibe" would be the same on a 4 day vs the 7 day. Will have to see if the pricing makes it worth while. Thanks :)

Edited by nunuc2000

Have you called Princess since the last time you complained about this? I don't know why your PVP wouldn't have been able to find the information, but presumably they've been our of the office over the weekend and today anyway. Anyone at Princess should be able to give you the information. I'm pretty sure I saw someone saying the short itineraries of the new cruises didn't appeal to them, so it can't be that much of a secret.

Yes, of course I've been calling Princess (4 times in the past week).. and also spoke with my PVP yesterday morning prior to posting this (also in contact with him 3 times in the past week)... and neither the rep on the general line nor my PVP could give me any detailed info - that is why I've expressed my frustration with the way this has been handled by Princess.

Looks like this:

(Gap)

The October 15th Ruby will be going to Mexico (the typical 7 day voyage of Cabo/Mazatlan/PV)

The October 15th Ruby will be going to Mexico (the typical 7 day voyage of Cabo/Mazatlan/PV)

Thanks - I did a search on Ruby and Pacific Coastal and that explains why it didn't come up. Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't followed the Ruby but tried to help OP.

Edited by Coral

Princess FINALLY updated their website to show the redeployment changes... but unfortunately, the pricing is just not attractive at all. :(

Now to fight for an extension on my FCD's that are due to expire in a couple months.

Princess FINALLY updated their website to show the redeployment changes... but unfortunately, the pricing is just not attractive at all. :(

Now to fight for an extension on my FCD's that are due to expire in a couple months.

You are so right. The prices are really high and with no promotions. Hope you get a favorable resolution with your FCD's.