Cozumel pharmacies

Jrb434

Lots of folks in these threads are looking to buy antibiotics to self-prescribe. It's a dangerous and deadly practice that will leads to antibiotics being useless.

My point exactly. The overuse of antibiotics has led to increased mortality and morbidity and then people realize.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's called Voltaren gel. I can't take oral NSAIDS so this gel that I rub on the affected joints is truly a lifesaver. People should not jump to conclusions and get on their "high horse", not everyone buys antibiotics in the Mexican Pharmacias

thanks for the information; wish I knew this when I was there

• Thanks 1

I am a local and I work at International pier. Shop in town where we shop. Smilaries on Calle 1, 1 block up from Ave 10 where the pedestrian area of the Zocolo ends. Ahora which actually is across the street from the pier, and YZA, not sure of locations as the one I use is way back in the neighborhoods. They usually will point out the ex date, if not please check it. Antibiotics will require an RX which you can get from the consulting doctors located at the farmacias. Free consult or 50 pesos, about 3 dollars.

Thanks for this info!

I'm just a simple Retin-A girl :) Do you happen to know if English is spoken in any of these pharmacies. My husband usually gets my Rx in Mexican border towns and I have to give him a note written in Spanish. Also, what do you think about the pharmacy inside Mega? We've always wanted to stop in there (been to Cozumel a few times - visited a pharmacy inside a grocery store once and had to act out "anti-itch cream" - maybe the pharmacist just got a kick out of seeing this american woman make a fool of herself :) )

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I am a local and I work at International pier. Shop in town where we shop. Smilaries on Calle 1, 1 block up from Ave 10 where the pedestrian area of the Zocolo ends. Ahora which actually is across the street from the pier, and YZA, not sure of locations as the one I use is way back in the neighborhoods. They usually will point out the ex date, if not please check it. Antibiotics will require an RX which you can get from the consulting doctors located at the farmacias. Free consult or 50 pesos, about 3 dollars.

Hi Patycake- I will be arriving at Punta Langosta in Nov...any suggestions for a good pharmacy around there? I am looking for some diabetes meds.. I speak pretty good Spanish ( wife is from Peru..) Thanks!!

I load up on my Retin-A and my asthma inhalers. Inhalers cost me around $50 each in the states and I get them for $3.50 each in Cozumel. I've never had any problem with the meds I've gotten there.

Wow! It's worth the cost of the trip to Cozumel just for meds. I get my Synthroid (brand) from a Canadian pharmacy at about 75% less than Walgreens. No problems.

• Like 1

Hi Patycake- I will be arriving at Punta Langosta in Nov...any suggestions for a good pharmacy around there? I am looking for some diabetes meds.. I speak pretty good Spanish ( wife is from Peru..) Thanks!!

Punta Langosta is the in town pier so recommendations in patycake post are "in town". Also Megamart suggested earlier and Discount Pharmacy.

Do you need a prescription for asthma inhalers? Specifically rescue inhaler (albuterol), Breo, spiriva

Anyone know anything about Latuda?

Breo is high here. If I can get it reasonably priced in Mexico I'd jump on it. Has cut my rescue inhaler use dramatically.

Can you get acetaminophen with low dose codeine in Mexico like in Canada and most Commonwealth nations? It's OTC in Canada. When I was in Canada bought a 40 count bottle that lasted me four months and probably saved me 4-5 doses of my migraine medication. If you follow label directions the codeine dose is so low you don't get weird feeling like with prescription pain meds though I am sure those so inclined are able to figure a way to abuse it.

• 3 weeks later...
I load up on my Retin-A and my asthma inhalers. Inhalers cost me around $50 each in the states and I get them for $3.50 each in Cozumel. I've never had any problem with the meds I've gotten there.

Those are the exact 2 meds I want, as they both cost a fortune in the US. I will be in Cozumel in early September and hope to pick some up.

• 1 month later...
Those are the exact 2 meds I want, as they both cost a fortune in the US. I will be in Cozumel in early September and hope to pick some up.

Were you able to pick any up by chance? If so how were they? Going in December and hoping to grab some

I want zofran!! No prescription though and not even sure if they sell it, but everyone should have zofran in their medicine cabinet. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking the same thing. I need Zofran.

On another note, do they sell vanilla at these pharmacies as well or do I need to go to a store?

What's the price of the Voltaren Gel in Coz. vs. getting it in the US (by prescription, I assume).?

I would be interested in this as well. Looks like this can be ordered online in the US but a prescription is required. Lowest cost I found on a quick search is about $35USD for a 100 Gram tube. Anyone know the approximate cost in Cozumel?

Anyone know what Latisse would cost? So pricey in the U.S.! (I know it's available in MX because I actually saw it listed on a sign when looking at a video of Mr. Sanchos beach complex.)

A few years ago I paid $40 for it in Belize. For some reason, I thought I had read that someone paid $50 for it in Cozumel but now I can't find where I saw that...

• 1 month later...

Was in Cozumel over Halloween and picked up an on-line order from Discount Drugs. Got drug which cost me $75 here for$10. When in China last year I could have purchased same but had no prescription(which would have cost $5 but doctors office was closed) The drug prices in this country are a scam!!

Wow! It's worth the cost of the trip to Cozumel just for meds. I get my Synthroid (brand) from a Canadian pharmacy at about 75% less than Walgreens. No problems.

You can get generic Synthroid (and lots of other RX) at Walmart for $4/month or $10/90 days. Cheaper than my insurance. No complaints on the quality. :-)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Don't judge me for asking this question.

I've heard people say get your pharmacy items in Mexico it so much cheaper.

Quote: The U.S. has the highest prescription drug costs in the world, prompting many people to seek savings by buying their medicines from Canadian or Mexican pharmacies.

What pharmacy items are they taking about prescription meds or regular tylenol, ibuprofen, etc.

I'm just really curious, I've never been in a pharmacy in Mexico before ~

Regular prescription meds and over the counter are available--but not controlled substances like opiods. We have used them for years.

Just did in Cozumel; we went to the pharmacy in a grocery store near the pier. My glaucoma drops were $36. Here I would pay $340 or so, although this is for a 3 month supply. My eye doctor approved of this. My husbands diabetes meds were $500+ a month here--for just one of them; $56 there.

This store was very near the Lagosta? pier.(Not sure of the exact name.)

Regular prescription meds and over the counter are available--but not controlled substances like opiods. We have used them for years.

Just did in Cozumel; we went to the pharmacy in a grocery store near the pier. My glaucoma drops were $36. Here I would pay $340 or so, although this is for a 3 month supply. My eye doctor approved of this. My husbands diabetes meds were $500+ a month here--for just one of them; $56 there.

This store was very near the Lagosta? pier.(Not sure of the exact name.)

Probably Mega as their pharmacy has very good prices.

I've gotten Renova in Mexico without a prescription for years. Last year I bought some Retin-A as well. Renova was about $15 (has been gradually rising) while the Retin-A was only about $6.

I like the Renova much better; the Retin-A, if it was the real stuff--had a peculiar smell.

We've always been well satisfied with any Mexican medicines we have bought.