Cozumel pharmacies

Jrb434

1 hour ago, Jrb434 said:

my list has it on there in 5mg and 20mg tablets... it is listed under asthma though, is that its main purpose? 

100 tabs is listed at $26 for the 20mg and $20 for the 5mg... its an older list so i cannot vouch for same pricing but gives you an idea at least.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jrb434 said:

We just went in September. We typically go once a year at least now to Cozumel. Some items are better priced in Belize and all of this is typically available also in Costa Maya. There are still plenty of places to go and all near the two different piers (they are a couple of miles apart - there are taxis everywhere). We go to both the pharmacies discussed - the 'Mega' and the 'Discount Drugs & Souvenirs'. It is worth price checking all the shops you see because each does have different prices and product line. 'Discount' is still owned by Bobbie and she is a great lady - she is very helpful and also fluent in English (which can help). I got the bulk of my meds from her and then just a few others from 'Mega'. 

Inhalers are always something I get - my copay here is $70 per inhaler - they are only $7 there. 

My big item is an antibiotic called Flagyl - here my copay is $175 for 1 round. There, at 'Mega', it can be found for $5 and the box contains 2 rounds! That is a massive difference! I have to use this a few times a year, so that makes up a huge chunk. 

All of the men's enhancement drugs can be found everywhere, especially sildenafil. ***** is the hardest to find and there is wide price differences on that one. I've been told (I'm not a man) that the generic ***** is not as strong and a higher dosage is needed for it - so buy extra. 

We also bring back estrogen for my mother who can't afford it here with her insurance. Over there, a 2 month supply is $20. 

When you count in the costs of copays, doctors visits, blood work and everything, you really can save a small fortune by getting things down there as opposed to here in the states. Some doctors and pharmacies warn against the safety, but we have been doing this for years and have had only positive results from it - likewise from everyone we have talked to both on and off ship. 

Good luck and enjoy!! Cozumel is our favorite cruise port for so many reasons and we've gone all over the west and east caribbean (still got the south to do).

Do you have to bring your prescriptions

You do not have to bring your prescriptions for the sake of buying them... but where it is helpful is to know the names and dosages. I also transfer all my new pills to the bottles for ease of carrying and later so I don’t have to remember what the spanish name is. (Some spanish names are similar and some are not lol.) 

The prescription bottles may also be handy if I ever happen to get stopped, it shows I do have a prescription for them. But, so far I haven’t been stopped, knock on wood lol. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, c-leg5 said:

MEGA

Av. Rafael E. Melgar 799, Centro, 77600 San Miguel de Cozumel

You can put this address into Google maps to find location. It is at the other end of town from the Drugstore.

Here is the website for the Drugstore.

http://www.cozumeldrugstore.com/#location

These are both in town - a taxi ride from Puerta Maya, if that is where you dock. There are smaller pharmacies in and around the port but I have no experience with them.

Does this one have "consulting physician" there?

I've been getting my prescriptions from Bobbie for over 10 years. She is originally from Canada so her English is perfect. She has antibiotics, inhalers, blood pressure meds, etc. Pretty much everything except narcotics which have to have a prescription. Her new store is right on the water front downtown. She was in the Forum shops over diamonds International until a couple of years ago.  

We go to Cozumel several times a year to dive.  Somehow I forgot to put in my hydrochlorothiazide.   I went to the pharmacy at the hospital (two block left and 1/2 block in from the downtown cruise terminal.  I had no problem getting a bottle.  I did not have a prescription with me.  

2 minutes ago, compozer said:

Has anyone purchased epipens down there?     With my insurance last month, the cost $250.   Absolutely ridiculous. 

I use a different form (called Auvi-Q - does not interfere with my heart medication the way the actual epi-pen is supposed to) ... I have chosen not to try it from Mexico - the only reason is that some of the medication (namely the generics) can be slightly less potent --- as epinephrine is a "life saving" drug I am leery of skimping there... especially with some of the allergies I have. $250 is actually not too bad - for the epi-pen my copay is $750... the Auvi-Q is $5500 for a 2pack... I save them for the absolute last resort because of this. I feel your pain though... health care in the U.S. is one of my driving forces for considering moving permanently out of the country. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just jumping in to ask before I send an email. Has anyone seen Acyclovir 800mg down there? I will be in Coz in May and am in need of a refill. Little steep here, even for the generic, when you include the required doc visit to get a new rx.

11 hours ago, HBomb1013 said:

Just jumping in to ask before I send an email. Has anyone seen Acyclovir 800mg down there? I will be in Coz in May and am in need of a refill. Little steep here, even for the generic, when you include the required doc visit to get a new rx.

Not sure if I've seen that specific drug there. Send Bobbie a request at Cozumel Drugstore and she will gladly answer any questions. She is very nice and will go out of her way to help you. Been dealing with her for over 10 years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HBomb1013 said:

I just checked online for Ahorro farmacia which is probably the biggest chain here and got this error message.

https://www.fahorro.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Acyclovir+

No results found.  Could it be sold in Mexico under another name?

6 hours ago, maldenmusic said:

Not sure if I've seen that specific drug there. Send Bobbie a request at Cozumel Drugstore and she will gladly answer any questions. She is very nice and will go out of her way to help you. Been dealing with her for over 10 years.

Do you happen to have Bobbie's email address?  Thank you so much!

• 4 years later...
7 minutes ago, wanda1125 said:

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy Ozempic?  I understand Wegovy isn't available in Mexico yet.

You may want to check to see if Sam's Club has a pharmacy.

That may be the only "safe" option, I would consider.

In health and bon voyage