how do you switch people in room

lbendick

We leave for the allure in 2 weeks. We have two rooms booked currently with two people each in them. This is our situation it's two couples but they are booked with the 2 girls in one room and the 2 guys in the other room. It was done like this because at least one person in each room had to be a nys resident to get the price we got. So how to we switch once on board.

1) tell them when we check in at terminal

2) do it at customer service desk on board ship

Thanks

We leave for the allure in 2 weeks. We have two rooms booked currently with two people each in them. This is our situation it's two couples but they are booked with the 2 girls in one room and the 2 guys in the other room. It was done like this because at least one person in each room had to be a nys resident to get the price we got. So how to we switch once on board.

Thanks

Do you need to tell them? Just sleep in the room you want to.

Thanks

At guest services on board.

They will issue extra room keys that will only unlock the door. Each person will have to carry their origional card to make any purchases and then also the new room key.

Some have reported that guest services have been able to switch everything so that you only have one card however I have not have been able to do that. Probably depends on the ship and who is serving you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

We've done this several times. All people should visit guest relations together shortly after boarding, and request the person swap. New keycards are issued and the changing person's folio number transfers to the new cabin. The result is that you end up with exactly what you would have if you had booked that way originally. That make sense???

Does guest services charge to switch the people in the rooms if you originally made the reservation to save money or get the discount from a special promotion (like resident or diamond member?)?

No it is done all the time. Some RCL reps even suggest you do it that way to maximize your discounts when you call to make the initial reservation

• 10 months later...
Does each guest in a cabin have all of their charges grouped on the final stateroom bill? We're thinking of booking and switching two people and want to make sure we can isolate how the charges are billed.

It all depends on how the online check-in is completed. If you want isolated charges, then each guest should fill out their own online check-in and stipulate how they want to be charged. Charges would be independent of stateroom this way.

Just get an extra key card for the rooms and sleep where you like.

Cruise ship doesn't care where you sleep.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This is a fine way to go as long as the two staterooms have the same muster station. One time in our 21 cruises we had to muster for real and I would have been beside myself if my beloved wasn't with me then. If your two staterooms do not share the same muster station, I suggest you go to Guest Services after boarding and make the necessary changes.

Each person sets up their own account when you check in. We always set up our own account.

Just get an extra key card for the rooms and sleep where you like.

Cruise ship doesn't care where you sleep.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's what I'd suggest too, or just swap cards and sort the bill out later.

It is really easy. You will have 4 SetSail passes. One for each person, with their own credit card for each person.

When you get onboard, just go to guest services and have the folios of the 2 people that are moving, moved to the appropriate rooms.

The 2 people will be issued new Seapasses. Your charges and Seapass room keys will be where they are supposed to. It is not that complicated, and not like sailing with children. :)

We just did this on Indy last month. I waited in line at guest services as soon as we boarded the ship. They claimed they could not make room changes until after muster. I went back after muster and they made the change quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums