All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

I love Garnet hill. I love linen but have limited my linen buy because of  ironing .They require so much ironing until they are broke in.I much prefer knit dresses . I did buy four pairs of Garnet hill pj's . They are so comfortable . I will never buy anything else . My allergies have been awful  and Allegra has stopped working for me .

Melody , I hope you get to move into a soft diet .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Yesterday for Father's Day we went for our usual walk and then I took Gary to a barbecue restaurant called Pig out . The brisket was so good and we got ribs to take home .So tonight we had ribs and have lots of leftovers .

Oh, brisket sounds wonderful, so do ribs!!!Melody.   I have my fingers crossed that I can have scrambled eggs tonight!!!

Great mask idea, Anita! 

Praying you, Annie, and any other allergy sufferers (DH could be your twin with the eye puffiness) get relief soon.  We are calling for rain here which will hopefully help some.

Thanks all for the compliments on my hair.  I think I'm finally getting used to myself in the mirror 😄 My stylist always does a great job but I was still surprised how well the color matched my freckles.  Alas, the curls were for that day only - maybe I'll have DD do some for me if we have a slow day.

On 6/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, alidor said:

Purdue - my DH is also a pack rat and I have thrown A LOT of his stuff away during the years and he never, ever, misses any of it!   Try throwing one or 2 things away and see if he misses it.

Alador, I might give it a try try although he would eventually catch on I’m sure. I do often just pile things up in areas that will mean he will have to deal with his collections. Sadly that hasn’t  worked either.

Margaret, do many cute options! Bet it was hard to choose. I did see the suit that matched the rash guard and wondered if you were ordering it also. Great choice for your lake activities.  I likes the prints that they offered. 

Anita, that mask is a great idea. I notices that your seam casing stitching looked very professional. Great job!

Sally, the Father’s Day menu choice sound so yummy and having an entree waiting in the frig is a great idea. Love those planned overs!

Sharon

My supper last night!  Tasted like ambrosia!  I’ve moved to a mechanically soft diet. Doc said I’m way ahead of the cure. He turned to his 4th year student doctor & said, don’t expect many patients to look as good as this at the 2 week postop appt. she has done exactly what I asked of her & it shows. Made me feel pretty good!  I do have a seroma (fluid filled sac) at tge large incision site that’ll have to be drained if my body doesn’t absorb it in the next month. I’ll deal with it. 

daughter took me to Chicos yesterday after doctor!  So many nice things & great prices (I felt so free!!!). It’s a linen blouse, not too sure about it yet...I do have several tops in this color & this is a bit short I think. I adore the pants tho!  Melody

1192D27D-3B61-44B3-8D9C-0AE799289F8A.jpeg

AC1A74E9-312A-4BE2-8B29-62FA149147B3.jpeg

• Like 1

Melody, you are looking more like yourself in this picture!  Cute outfit.

That is a nice mask idea, Anita.  I have three so that I have a clean one while washing another one.  I wash them quite a bit.  

I am very happy with the way NY is rebounding against all this.  I am hopeful that we don't get a sudden surge like many states are having right now.

One of my masks has the Syracuse University logo on it, another has coffee on it, and the other has baseballs.  So I'm a happy camper.  I do have a fourth one, the original Toy Story one I was wearing all the time, but the elastic is kind of heavy and started to rip on one side.  I think I have been washing it more than I realized too - it is looking a bit worn.

I know, me and my laundry!  

I have been lurking over at WHBM.  I saw this dress that I wanted to share.  While I'm not a big metallic fan, this seems to be a good balance and I think I would love it for a cruise or just having something that doesn't look formal, but still looks perfect for nighttime attire:

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/lasercut+shift+dress/570289617?color=2965&catId=cat6899281

Besides, how often do we find brown dresses for evening?  I can see this being dressed up or down a bit.  With the neckline and pattern, I don't think I'd go overboard on the jewelry.

Here is another dress I like.  I'm not sure about the straps, but I have more defined shoulders than I used to, and they are a bit more squared off.  There is no harm trying it, if I decide to.  The color isn't exactly earth, but it probably better for fire.  Do you agree?

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/eyelet+sheath+dress/570289625?color=1967&catId=cat6899281

I don't spend this kind of money on dresses.  The total would be $360.00.  I can get $125.00 off, but that is still over $100.00 per dress.  Sally, I know you have mentioned they discount deeply, but I never seem to find that online.  I have seen it in the stores, but by the time the price is down a lot, they are either out of stock or don't have my size.

So I am going to think about it.

Now I just need somewhere to wear these.  🙂  My fingers are still crossed for our cruise in November.  I'm wondering how I will feel as the time gets closer.  We are planning to take 4 vacation days in late September or early October, so if we are able to travel at that time, maybe we will have a fancy dinner out.  I am taking three vacation days in July as well.

My husband got some info in the mail about traveling in Vermont.  It was labeled that it was the information he requested.  Maybe he has some traveling ideas!  We went once, about 15 years ago.  I remember we went to the Ben and Jerry's factory, a teddy bear factory, and a few cool museums.  I think we would enjoy going back.  I can just imagine what it would be like in the fall.  If we decided not to travel that far, Lake Placid would be great to return to.  We haven't gone in a couple of years now.

• Like 2

Laurie, I can definitely see you in that metallic brown dress with a statement necklace or chandelier earrings. I agree, you seldom see a pretty evening dress in brown. Melody

Laura , They used to discount very heavily even online but I guess they stopped that . When I was selling White House Black Market on ebay I could get tons of dresses for $19.99 and flip them for at least $50.00. That was four years ago.

Right now Florida is a mess . Our Covid numbers are sky high .Hopefully they will get them down so cruising can start . I am so sick of this virus . This year is a wash out . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Right now Florida is a mess . Our Covid numbers are sky high .Hopefully they will get them down so cruising can start . I am so sick of this virus . This year is a wash out . 

FL isn’t alone for sure and and I so agree that this year is a wash out on so many levels.

3 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

Laura , They used to discount very heavily even online but I guess they stopped that . When I was selling White House Black Market on ebay I could get tons of dresses for $19.99 and flip them for at least $50.00. That was four years ago.

Hi Sally, we are looking really bad and the virus is continuing to spread..........the cruise lines have pushed back their

opening (right now) until late Sept.  It was originally slated for August 1st.  And who knows if Sept will be allowed. 

We are at the highest rate of cases ever today...........over 9,000..............(that is in one day).  

Lois, just heard on the news regarding the FL Covid numbers of 9000 new cases in one day.

plus Houston hospitals being quite full with cases.

Our restaurants are now opening up but with restrictions re number of diners etc.

hair salons open, masks being worn.

don't know re schools in September yet.

what am I wearing right now...gym shorts and top as just did my exercise video.

to all of you ladies....keep safe and healthy.

2 hours ago, cruzisme said:

Lois, just heard on the news regarding the FL Covid numbers of 9000 new cases in one day.

plus Houston hospitals being quite full with cases.

Our restaurants are now opening up but with restrictions re number of diners etc.

hair salons open, masks being worn.

don't know re schools in September yet.

what am I wearing right now...gym shorts and top as just did my exercise video.

to all of you ladies....keep safe and healthy.

Yes, some of our cities are in bad shape and could possibly face another shut down-just have to wait and see.

I see you are on Canada’s west coast. You aren’t, by any chance on Vancouver Island are you? One of our favorites is Sidney, BC. Of course we like Victoria and always enjoy visiting but Sidney is so calm and peaceful. 

• Like 1

Hi Purduemom

no, not on the Island. Agree that Sidney is quiet and gorgeous. Very popular with seniors too. All of BC has its attractions, may it be water, mountains or flat land. We get lots of rain where we live so we can be very green. Not much snow where we live but other parts of B.C. get more snow.

We had our first real rain storm in a long time, unfortunately it’s all run off. Yes that’s hail in the picture. The temp dropped from 94 to 54 in 12 minutes & we got over 2” of rain. 

30DFE7DC-CCC5-48ED-B03A-207057C5652D.jpeg

53E0FD8A-6A62-4662-9774-CC795DF57D20.jpeg

33DBC96F-502A-4AF3-BB30-46E12151C0FC.jpeg

Wow, Melody, that's quite a storm. We had some severe thunderstorms two nights ago that set our house alarm keypads off at 2:30am. The power kept going on and off and on and they don't like that. We had our alarm guy over yesterday to put a new battery pack in the main unit. He is the first person who's been in our home since last November.

Here is my new rash guard. It is an unusual shade of green but I like it a lot. The brief is nice too, it's almost a french cut because it comes a bit high on the waist and has a sort of high leg. That's a style that has always worked for me. I don't remember having a botanical print suit before, so I'm not used to having flowers on my "flower", so to speak, so I guess if you are picky about placement you might want to order a couple and pick the one with the pattern placement you like best.

20200626_224428_resize_99.jpg.2e9edbb75ad394311b32c5575835101b.jpg

The teal booney hat is definitely closer to green than teal as you can see from the tops I used for reference. It is an odd color to match, so I won't even try, but it does nice things to my eyes so it's a keeper. I wear hats like this so often in the summer, especially for kayaking.

20200626_224529_resize_9.jpg.3f05647ba1395f7e43e96dc1f04a1fd6.jpg

20200626_224502_resize_63.jpg.9bf8c70551ed5de39a0c7b5d212a5019.jpg

I've been using my camera a lot, so these cell phone pictures are not satisfying in comparison!! We had this beautiful Cooper's hawk in the yard this week.

IMG_2312b.jpg.629e57681862e9f5bffb3059625dbc15.jpg

• Like 3

I just received my rash guard delivery this morning. I haven’t tried it on yet, but I’m impressed with the fabric. Feels much thicker than others I have and also seems more matte, which I like. The color is beautiful and I love the colors of the flowers. 

I didn’t order the matching bottoms because the ones I saw weren’t available in my size. Im glad now though..I’m very picky about flower placement anywhere on my body but especially around the 🍑😬

I was thinking I’d go for purple bottoms...

I ordered 4 more dresses from Target. Another rust (really butterscotch) because the one I have got an oil stain on it and I was so sad...I’m trying the yellow one too and hoping it’s not too thin. I ordered another brand as well in a green and gray, also $15. The green and gray are nice and similar but made of 100% cotton so they aren’t as heavy and don’t have as nice of a drape as the other rayon/spandex blend dress. They’re nice though, don’t feel like they would dress up as well because they also have texture, so feel way more casual...but are just fab in this heat. The yellow hasn’t come yet, it’s shipping from AL so...

We went to the beach yesterday and it was amazing. We went to a small beach front park and felt very safe. I know the numbers in FL seem crazy...but where we were everyone was spread out on the beach and doing their best in the waves to maintain distance between the family groups. I’ve read the beach, with a prevailing wind, is considered to be one of the safest places to be when around others...socially distanced of course. We were in more of a neighborhood park beach access situation with families so I think we found an area sought out by others wanting to be responsible but enjoying the day...such as it is.

The Sahara Dust is something else. The sky is one murky color that isn’t blue...

The surges in new cases we are seeing all over is very alarming to me.  Because of the warmer weather and gatherings, it is affecting many more younger people this time.  While NY is doing great, I am still being careful.  

Yesterday, WHBM started a new sale, with 40% off and the opportunity to opt in for text notifications for an additional 10% off, so I ordered.  With the brown dress, I was thinking along the lines of what you said, Melody - chandelier earrings, with a bracelet as well.  If the dress works out, it is totally going with me on my November cruise, if we are back to that by then. 

Sally, the store at the mall does tend to give deep discounts once the items are marked down, but our mall isn't the kind of place you can just run in and out of, so I can't really keep an eye on things.  It is currently not open yet, which is probably for the best.  I was thinking that from a shopping perspective, my next trip in person will likely be to the outlet mall, since it is a strip mall format.  With sanitizer and masks, it will be so easy.  It's quite a drive, and because it is so big, we go there when we are willing to spend a good chunk of a day.  There is no WHBM there though, darn it.

We nailed down three vacation days for July, and we are working on what we plan to do.  I think it will involve some odds and ends, including that trip to the Waterloo Outlet Mall.  I want it to be a bit staycation like, so I see us eating outside at a few places.  There is a local place where I had my daughter's wedding shower called Crazy Daisies.  It is essentially a garden center, but they have this building with a small plates type restaurant, and they have porch seating.  They thrive on serving homemade food, local wine and beer, and using local ingredients.  I think it would be fun!!

Someone commented to me recently about how it has to be impossible to visit restaurants right now, but I think with the protocols in place, we are being kept safe.  Eating outside is even better from a social distancing perspective.

I did order both of those dresses, by the way.  I have a feeling the blue one won't be right from a shape perspective, but you never know.  

• Like 1

Laurie, I'm glad you ordered the brown dress. I think it's stunning. With the blue dress, it's hard to tell since the model is a completely different body type than you are. Nice cruise dress, though. I hope you will take pictures when they come.

It's raining cats and dogs today, so I'm catching up on paperwork and I did my hair. It started earlier than the forecast predicted, so perhaps we'll get a nice evening.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention it has been rainy here today, and we have needed it badly.   The sun is out right now though.   Melody, you had a big temperature drop!  

I don't seem to get to the beach enough to need a rash guard.  We are not the best swimmers, but we do love the beach if we can find ourselves a nice shady area.  When we are in the water, we stay in pretty shallow areas.  

I don't really think too much about print placement.   Then again, I don't wear a lot prints!   That must be why I don't really think about it.  When I do wear prints, they are either all over prints or certain types of patterns.  That rash guard that you purchased looks nice, Margaret.  on my monitor, I was trying to figure out the green.  It feels teal like.  I like it a lot.

I enjoyed seeing your pictures.  As you know, my husband works at Syracuse University.  They have a building where the hawks come every year and nest, so they have installed a camera.  We enjoy seeing the babies hatch and seeing birds return every year.  A few years ago, one of the babies went missing and it was thought that he was in a particular building, stuck in the attic where he got in, but couldn't find a way back out.  My husband and another volunteer went in, hoping that they could save him.  Turns out he wasn't in the building, but they never did find out what happened to him.  My husband really enjoys the hawks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJC said:

Wow, Melody, that's quite a storm. We had some severe thunderstorms two nights ago that set our house alarm keypads off at 2:30am. The power kept going on and off and on and they don't like that. We had our alarm guy over yesterday to put a new battery pack in the main unit. He is the first person who's been in our home since last November.

Here is my new rash guard. It is an unusual shade of green but I like it a lot. The brief is nice too, it's almost a french cut because it comes a bit high on the waist and has a sort of high leg. That's a style that has always worked for me. I don't remember having a botanical print suit before, so I'm not used to having flowers on my "flower", so to speak, so I guess if you are picky about placement you might want to order a couple and pick the one with the pattern placement you like best.

20200626_224428_resize_99.jpg.2e9edbb75ad394311b32c5575835101b.jpg

The teal booney hat is definitely closer to green than teal as you can see from the tops I used for reference. It is an odd color to match, so I won't even try, but it does nice things to my eyes so it's a keeper. I wear hats like this so often in the summer, especially for kayaking.

20200626_224529_resize_9.jpg.3f05647ba1395f7e43e96dc1f04a1fd6.jpg

20200626_224502_resize_63.jpg.9bf8c70551ed5de39a0c7b5d212a5019.jpg

I've been using my camera a lot, so these cell phone pictures are not satisfying in comparison!! We had this beautiful Cooper's hawk in the yard this week.

IMG_2312b.jpg.629e57681862e9f5bffb3059625dbc15.jpg

Love your boonie  hat