Low Carb Dieting

jesskuhmarie

Oh please don't do that - Run - don't walk - to the nearest book store or amazon and buy Dr. Fung's book - "The Obesity Code" - it is about 'reversing' Type 2 Diabetes - and it has helped many of us on this forum to lose weight (I have lost 83 POF (pounds of fat) by following a low carb - healthy fat (high fat) LCHF WOE (Way of eating) -

It is not that I was carbohydrate intolerant - I was insulin resistant (same thing) BUT it cannot be lowered or changed by taking more insulin and eating low fat or the way most nutritionists want you to eat -

If you can't get the book - go to face book and/or google Diet Doctor dot com - Dr. Fung is on that site also -

This diet has been recorded as working for the (in particular severely-obese diabetic.) It seems to reset the pancreas by starving it.

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-fasting-diet-could-reverse-diabetes-and-repair-the-pancreas-says-new-research

It's going to be 110 hre today in Central California - so I am using this as a means to do IF - intermittent fasting - going to try for 96 hours - or until Thursday night when we are having company over for dinner - doing corned beef and cabbage - I won't eat the potatoes - just the cabbage and meat! :) AND I like my cabbage fried with bacon and onions - yummy :)

Stay cool - don't forget to move - I did my walking this morning at 0620 and I will be swimming in the pool later -

Been walking at the Mall since it got so very hot here - 110 and today will be 104 - I started making a real effort to get 10K steps in daily since 5 June and have only missed my mark for 4 days - yesterday did 16K steps! My highest day ever - Hoping to kick butt with these last 35 POF and get the scale moving down again -

The muscles in my thighs are getting stronger so maybe the muscle now weighs more than the fat did? THAT is my story and I am sticking to it!

Had 32 family members over yesterday for a 'mini' reunion -haven't seem many of them for 16 years! I did really well - ate a very little bit of rotisserie pork loin - cheese - salami - a few pork rinds and a couple spoonfuls of the 'mock potato salad' that I made using cauliflower!

WoW - month of June just blew by us - getting us pack to the top of the page!

Starting my first egg fast today. Hoping to drop of about 2kg. So it's a 2 egg omelet for breakfast and egg salad for lunch. Haven't decided about dinner.

Hoping to keep it going for 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Starting my first egg fast today. Hoping to drop of about 2kg. So it's a 2 egg omelet for breakfast and egg salad for lunch. Haven't decided about dinner.

Hoping to keep it going for 4 days.

Good for you! I did 'fat fast' last week where I kept my carbs below 5 and ate only - meat eggs and pork rinds! :)

Did you loose much weight?

NO dog gone it! I am sticking with my WOE (way of eating) but I really think I need to throw in a couple days full fasts and get the scale moving again -

My body weighed in the mid 250-265 for so many years that it keeps wanting to go back to that set point and I will NOT allow that - My lowest weight has been 181 in March and I go back and forth between 5 POF (pounds of fat up and then back down to 181 - but I so want to be in the 179 - :)

It is called Tenacity - I will hang tough until I drop again! :)

I know what you mean! I have been at the same weight for two weeks, and have been sticking to it faithfully. I had read about occasionally upping your carbs, and two days ago I had a day where I ate closer to 40-50 carbs instead of 20 grams, and then today I dropped three pounds. Now, this could be a complete coincidence. But regardless, so happy to see the scale move!

As of today, I am down 35.5 pounds!! Hoping to be down another 15 by the end of August, and then another 20 by the time my cruise sails in November!!!

Hang tough!!! The scale will getting moving again!!!

I know what you mean! I have been at the same weight for two weeks, and have been sticking to it faithfully. I had read about occasionally upping your carbs, and two days ago I had a day where I ate closer to 40-50 carbs instead of 20 grams, and then today I dropped three pounds. Now, this could be a complete coincidence. But regardless, so happy to see the scale move!

As of today, I am down 35.5 pounds!! Hoping to be down another 15 by the end of August, and then another 20 by the time my cruise sails in November!!!

Hang tough!!! The scale will getting moving again!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - I know how discouraging that can be - I usually stay below 10 carbs per day but the last two days I have been 'craving' blueberries and since I do 'miss' summer fruits I allowed myself to eat quite a few - scale did not budge today but maybe tomorrow? lol

FINALLY FINALLY - PLateau broken! Down 2.5 to 179 YEAH ME~ 86 POF (pounds of fat) GONE~

But I know I will struggle going up and down again until this stabilizes~

Been walking over 10K steps daily since 5 June - this too will pay off! :D

FINALLY FINALLY - PLateau broken! Down 2.5 to 179 YEAH ME~ 86 POF (pounds of fat) GONE~

Good work!! Good for you!!!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

That's amazing!!!! So happy for you!!!! I have a mini goal of getting below 240. 16 more pounds to go!

Enjoy the 170's!!!! :p

That's amazing!!!! So happy for you!!!! I have a mini goal of getting below 240. 16 more pounds to go!

Enjoy the 170's!!!! :p

You WILL get there! My total goal is to get healthy - which I am working on - but these last 30 POF are going to be the most difficult - My DH reminded me that I started at 265 and now at 179 I have come a long way - I finally feel like I am getting slim - :)

Yes, how far you have come is AMAZING!! I get the same way. I lose sight of all the great I have accomplished, and focus on what I have failed to accomplish! It's awful!

So, congrats again! Your DH is so right!!!

You are also amazing to keep at it - it is called tenacity - are you on face book? I am Audrilee Myers and have a face book page - LCHF Support Teeam - if you want to have more support - there are people on our page that follow another WOE (way of eating) some do Pritkins - Atkins - Dukan - Weight Watchers - Jenny Craig - we are just all there to support each other getting healthy!

Great! I just joined what I THINK is your FB Group! If you don't get a request from a Christine, let me know! It means I joined the wrong one! Haha!!

Thank you so much!!!

Didn't get a request - LCHF Friends Support Team - what is your last name?

Yeah, I joined the wrong one. I tried again. Last name is Sinacore.

Got you! Yeah! I was born and raised in Whittier - small world isn't it! Hope you find our little group helpful - please feel free to share healthy tips - recipes - we are all about supporting each other!

Wow, just bought a new formal dress to wear on next cruise for formal night (long red halter neck) in size 14. It's a little tight but am going to loose more weight before cruise in November, so should look great.