Suite Packing/Unpacking Benefit

Lynda90

I understand that packing and unpacking is one of the "suite" benefits. Has anyone had this done. Does your cabin steward come in and hang everything up and put things in drawers and do the reverse when it's time to get ready to leave. Or? Please let me know how this all works if anyone has taken them up on this offer.

Thanks,

Lynda

Hi Lynda. I am looking forward to this answer. I have never booked a suite, But I have given it thought. I did not, however, check out the perks. If they do have this for a perk, and the room steward is expected to unpack, I think I will pass on the suite. I mean no offense to anyone, I just thought the x- large balcony would be nice. If you are interested, I hope you get it. Have a great cruise. icon_smile.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

I do know you get free dry cleaning and laundry services. Also munchies, bet the bar is stocked, and all appt. made for you. Imagine the balcony dinner. What a romantic night that would be. icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

You made me laugh outloud roohound! ;-))

I thought the very same thing. I've been upgraded to a suite and thought I really don't want anybody going through my luggage, even if it's to unpack and put things away for me.

I'm sure all we have to do is tell the room attendant that we prefer to do it ourselves.

Nothing worse than having strangers 'fondle your unmentionables'. heh heh heh

MTS

Roo, is that really one of the perks? I would just hate to make the steward feel bad if I refused it. I love being pampered on the ship, but really don't like anyone under foot. Never had a maid!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

I am just going to tell our cabin steward that I would rather unpack myself, but thank you very much. I don't want anyone looking through my "stuff" either. Besides he might steal our bottle of liquor that we're not suppose to bring on board. Did I say that? Don't report me. Just joking, of course, about him stealing the bottle. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Lynda

It was listed on SS Oceanlover's site as a perk.

Ok, color me odd, but you know what one of my greatest embarkation day pleasures is? Having all my luggage show up, unpacking *everything* and settling in. If I don't unpack, I don't feel complete (and then I still don't feel totally complete until the muster drill is done, but that's another anal retentive thread!)

I'd hate to think I'd make someone feel uncomfy by unpacking myself icon_frown.gif Maybe I'll just get lucky and the bags will come in and I'll just take care of it before it even becomes an issue icon_smile.gif Besides, I don't want them to see all contraband icon_eek.gif Kidding icon_wink.gif ETA: Lynda, I see we both had the same thought about smuggled goods icon_biggrin.gif )

[This message was edited by roohound on 04-29-04 at 08:44 PM.]

You won't make anyone uncomfortable. We were upgraded to a suite on the Coral in February, and our cabin steward never come and asked if we wanted to be unpacked or repacked. Just as well, because we also would rather handle our own things. I guess if we had a personal valet at home it would be different. But he quit last year. icon_wink.gif

'Vegas Jim

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif It would make me crazy. I would feel obligated to get all new sexy under goodies that I wouldn't even wear icon_confused.gif and stuff the real ones in the carry on with everything I'm not supposed to have icon_eek.gif and spend the week trying to find what I know I brought icon_rolleyes.gif So i will stay in my inside quad and enjoy my week!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

Well Vegas Jim, you know, this is how I look at it..it's a vacation so I want things to be different than they are at home. So, I like to think I can spend 7 days sans valet icon_wink.gif

bwhahahahahahahahahah

Ok, so maybe the only valet I are my own two hands!

Lynda, to say we enjoyed the suite is a genuine understatement. To book a mini and get a vista suite was sweet. There are many things that made it special: the choice of canapes every day; the initial stocking of the mini-bar; free laundry; free internet access; spa amenities in the bathroom; space, space, and more space.

The only downside will be going back to a regular cabin next cruise! Oh, well ... if we're at sea, that's all that matters.

'Vegas Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MTS:

Nothing worse than having strangers 'fondle your unmentionables'.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, there are quite a few things worse than that. Don't make me post links.

I think it all really depends on the stranger icon_wink.gif

V' Jim.......what kind of canapes could you choose from? I know when we did the Grand in 2002 we were in a mini but had the Anniversary package and had the choice of essentially sweet or savory. As I don't like any kind of seafood, we went for sweet icon_biggrin.gif I assume you have this same kind of choice in the suites?

Roo,

"fondling of unmentionables"?... geez I thought you had to go to the lotus spa for that, perhaps a suite is the way to go afterall, cya later cheap seats!!

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

I wouldn't be too worried about the steward fondling my unmentionables. I'd be worried about holding them up and having all the other stewards busting out laughing. Ooooh muy grande senora!!!!

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

roohound ... same on the canapes. Typical hors d'oeurves things, petit fours, and our fave, chocolate covered strawberries! Ah-h-h!

Yes, Lynda, jacuzzi. Nipping strawberries while sitting in bubbly and sipping bubbly. Life doesn't get better than that! Why, that's what I'm doing right now! (Well, sort of. A beer and a moon pie in the grandkids' inflatable pool isn't exactly the same.)

'Vegas Jim

As long as you still have the memories, the beer and the inflatable pool will do until your next cruise. Ha, ha, ha, ha! Who are we kidding. Thanks for the info. I'll think of you in your pool when I'm in the jacuzzi.

Lynda

I was in a suite on the Coral the first of April. They didnt offer to unpack our clothes but that was fine with me. I think Princess could do a better job on communicating the suite perks to their staff and customers. Maybe its because most of the perks are new but I seemed to know more about the perks than our steward.

However the room was great, and the overall cruise was the best ever. So good in fact that I have two other cruises booked in suites

We didn't have anyone offer on either the Caribbean Princess or the Golden. I'm like most eveyone else, I'd rather unpack myself so I know where everything is, and there is no way anyone but my wife would be satisfied with packing everything up unless she does it herself.

We received an order form every day that let us pick and choose our afternoon "snacks". One thing I'd wished that we'd taken advantage of was an en-suite afternoon tea service. We really dropped the ball on that one. Someone, please do this and tell us what we missed.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Archived