Which Platinum cruiser here has the LEAST number of VIFP points?

2011mom

These days you need 75 points to be platinum, but I started cruising a long time ago. When they changed the rules from 10 cruises to 75 cruise days back in 2013, I made a push to finish my 10 in time. Since I take a lot of short cruises, I was well shy of 75 days, but I was platinum. I've cruised a couple of times since then, and have another 3-day next week, but am still currently at 59 VIFP points even though I'm platinum.

It got me to wondering who has the fewest VIFP points and yet is platinum nonetheless. Anyone lower than my 59 points?

I too was "grandfathered". I am currently at 59, but cruise in 11 days and will have 66. ;)

These days you need 75 points to be platinum, but I started cruising a long time ago. When they changed the rules from 10 cruises to 75 cruise days back in 2013, I made a push to finish my 10 in time. Since I take a lot of short cruises, I was well shy of 75 days, but I was platinum. I've cruised a couple of times since then, and have another 3-day next week, but am still currently at 59 VIFP points even though I'm platinum.

It got me to wondering who has the fewest VIFP points and yet is platinum nonetheless. Anyone lower than my 59 points?

My son only has 2 cruises on carnival and he's listed as platinum on our boarding documents for our upcoming cruise. My other son has seven on carnival and his say gold. ( I'm not kidding!). Bill.

My son only has 2 cruises on carnival and he's listed as platinum on our boarding documents for our upcoming cruise. My other son has seven on carnival and his say gold. ( I'm not kidding!). Bill.

It's a glitch. A friend was cruising with me and he's gold, but the documents said platinum. He got a gold card at check in.

I also pushed to get 10 cruises before the deadline so went into platinum with 60 days. I hit the new platinum requirements just last year (took a year off from cruising :( ). But now I have 89 days and with two more cruises lined up, I'll be halfway to Diamond!

Are you trying to stir the pot? It was incredibly unfair to many of us when they changed the rules. I have over 12 cruises on carnival with 66 days and am still not platinum and won't be until I complete our October cruise setting me up for Platinum on our December cruise. I have always thought it was incredibly wrong because in theory people with 20 days would have been designated platinum. Personally I think they should have done a gradation.