Adventure of Seas-cabin 7388 or 1388?

hollyj2427

We prefer 7388. We like the larger balcony with better air flow (since it has that second opening). I made a comparison of the two in my last Freedom review and you can see what would fit your needs better. We spend a lot of time on the balcony, so the larger cabin is not that important to us. We actually also had a much better/more panoramic view in the 7388-like cabin. You can see pictures and the comparison of both in this link (7388 is like 7408/7708 and 1388 is like 1400/1700):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285345&highlight=freedom

In fact, our upcoming Navigator cruise is booked for 7388, and on Freedom we will have 7708 again! :D

How was the cruise that you just got off of? Any issues?

The biggest issue for me was that the bed was REALLY HARD. I'm not terribly picky, but I woke up,sore every morning.

I was a little disappointed in the Windjammer. The food selection seemed much more limited. I really miss not having a good salad bar.

Our service was fantastic. We had an incredible room attendant named Garnet. Our waiter at My time dining was equally good.

Overall a very good cruise with mostly minor complaints.

Quoting from my review:

Leading up to the event...

We booked this cruise in April 2014, then promptly got a great price drop on May 1, 2015 (The original and real BOGO deals). So, with a price of $2,755 for a D1 with 3 passengers (taxes and fees included), we decided to splurge on the D1 to get one of the famous corner aft cabins: 1700 (mirror layout of 1400, and similar to Voyager class 1388 and 1688). The D1 was only $30 more than the E1, so it was the natural choice to try the new experience.

We previously had corner aft 7408 on FOS and 7708 on Indy (similar to Voyager class 7388 and 7688). The verdict is out on our personal preference...

First, some picture comparisons:

7408/7708: Corner aft category E1 (Sleeps 3)

Inside: Just a standard sized balcony cabin inside. No extras here.

0d650fbdfa9c0320a63ebfa5959ab08f_zpse59554f5.jpg

7708_zps8woceapd.jpg

Outside: Extra large balcony:

efcf88014631b17bdd46060fada612b8_zpsab31754d.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

db31020bbbbb56804ecbd56585928512_zps8c818774.jpg

More from my review and comparison:

1700: Corner aft category D1

(Sleeps 4)

Inside: Extra large interior - about the size of a Junior suite. The bathroom is standard though.

DSCN3667_zpsqppajnlh.jpeg

DSCN3670_zpsqfvuekwx.jpeg

DSCN3673_zpstmri1lyw.jpeg

DSCN3669_zpsjlhtf2oh.jpeg

DSCN3672_zpsswwtgewr.jpeg

At night, the couch turns into a bed. I personally think it can fit two, but I am not sure if this cabin is sold as accommodating 4. (Maybe someone could weigh in here...PS Thanks, irishgal... I knew it would not take long. Cofirmed - it accommodates up to 4 passengers).

DSCN3933_zpsmyijbgli.jpeg

Finally, our personal choice and the reasons: Hope this helps you make a decision about what is the right fit for you. :)

The Verdict on the balconies:

In order to explain our verdict, I will share some comparisons:

Measurements of balconies (roughly, using DH's shoes)

7408 and 7708 = about 196 square feet

1400 and 1700 = about 175 square feet

Inside measurements:

7408 and 7708 = (standard for E1)

1400 and 1700 = about the size of a junior suite, but with regular bathroom

Having experienced both of these, the E1's win with flying colors (7408 and 7708), and here are the reasons we came to that verdict:

1. Although the surface of the balconies are very similar, the corner of 1700 and 1400 is very crammed, as the roof slants down with a sharp angle. This really limits the useable area. (DH is 6'4")

You can see it pretty clearly in this picture:

DSCN3899_zpsoxgzijp1.jpeg

2. Most days, 1700 was too hot to use in port, especially when no breeze came from the aft of the ship. There is no draft that can cut through, like there is on 7408 and 7708 (as it has the large opening to the side).

Opening seen clearly in this picture:

efcf88014631b17bdd46060fada612b8_zpsab31754d.jpg

3. We spend a lot of time on the balcony itself, and therefore do not mind the smaller rooms. Our cabin hacks (coming up shortly) make up for the decreased storage.

4. The view from 7408 and 7708 encompass a lot more of the side of the ship, whereas the view from 1700 is more confined to the aft of the ship.

5. We like climbing stairs! There was only one flight of stairs up to the Windjammer, and we prefer deck 7 for the additional exercise before breakfast :D (and to avoid climbing 7 flights of stairs after dinner :eek: )

We prefer 7388. We like the larger balcony with better air flow (since it has that second opening). I made a comparison of the two in my last Freedom review and you can see what would fit your needs better. We spend a lot of time on the balcony, so the larger cabin is not that important to us. We actually also had a much better/more panoramic view in the 7388-like cabin. You can see pictures and the comparison of both in this link (7388 is like 7408/7708 and 1388 is like 1400/1700):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285345&highlight=freedom

In fact, our upcoming Navigator cruise is booked for 7388, and on Freedom we will have 7708 again! :D

I can see why you like the 7th deck corner aft! The balcony is great.

We enjoy the larger cabin size. My DH is 6'5". It is so nice not bumping into each other constantly. We were traveling with DD. it was also nice not having to have a bunk over our bed. There was plenty of room to get around, even with the sofa bed opened. I love the position of the closet. It allows so much more room and light when you need to access the closet. Packing and unpacking is easier with the extra room as well.

It all comes down to what is more important to you: more interior room or an arguably better balcony. We did not find our balcony too hot to use. Our balcony was a wonderful size. We could have had a party out there! We have the same cabin booked for our cruise this summer.

Wow, those are amazing balconies!! Are these the cabins that you can only book if you have 3 people? I'm hoping to luck out on one when the Caribbean sailings open for next September.

There was a couple on a cruise with us who was able to book one of the deck 7 cabins. They called Royal directly. I don't know the details or how close to the sailing they booked, but they were only 2 in the corner aft.

We are going to be on Deck 9 on AOTS in an inside cabin. If you have done any of these inside cabins before on deck 9, is there any pros/cons that I need to know?

Is there an easy way to get from deck 9 going down to the MDR's? I understand they are at "one" end of the ship.

We have just booked cabin 7688 which is a AFT Corner on The Mariner for a cruise in South East Asia out of Singapore in March 2017, E1 grade, only the two of us, we got a fantastic deal. Itinerary and chance to secure extended balcony, sold it to us

We have had both of those cabins several times.

There is just no comparison.

Unless there is a large price difference (7388 is an E cabin, 1388 is a D cabin), 1388 wins hands-down.

Is 7388's balcony larger than 1388's? Yes, but not by that much. 1388's balcony is still BEYOND generously-sized.

And the cabin size and layout of 1388 KILLS 7388.

And as pointed out before, 1388's view is better.