Seattle port after Alaska cruise

styme123

I'm taking a Seattle R/T cruise in July. I have a later flight back home at about 10:00pm. Is there any good suggestions of things to do in the area. We are staying a day or 2 before the cruise too where we will see the Pike Market and the Space needle. Is there anyplace/thing we can do with our luggage?

Aloha,

Not sure about your luggage situation, but there are a few places I went to last time that I would recommend for sightseeing. If you're a Tom Hanks/Sleepless in Seattle fan, the Athenian restaurant where Hanks and Reiner ate at is located at Pike Place. The 701 5th Ave building has a great view/observation room of the entire city. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is HQ'd in Seattle and they're open Tues-Sat from 10-5. Hope this helps!

If a nice day- you could rent a car and go to Mt St Helens. Or the Boeing Factory, with a car, your bags are right with you. And a lot of freedom. There are downtown rentals available, you can drop at the airport.

There also may be a bag service offered by the cruise line.

There is no luggage storage downtown other than a few vendors who will hold your luggage for an hour while on their excursion.

Both piers have Left Luggage but only until 3:30pm.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Some people offer a hotel bellman $10 to hold their luggage for the day ... it's not an unusual request.

A rental car is a great idea for luggage storage. If you want to sightsee downtown, just leave your bags in the car and leave the car in their parking lot, to avoid parking fees. Collect the car when you're ready to go to the airport. Or if you want to sightsee out of town, head out right away. The 3 car companies with a kiosk at the airport are on the link above. Mt St Helens is a fascinating place to visit, or Snoqualmie Falls, or wineries on the eastside.

http://www.visitseattle.org/things-to-do/