extended trip

sweetipie

We first booked the 34 day cruise from Buonos Aires to San Diego and then today decided for the $200 extra per person we would extend to Vancouver BC. Now instead of the extra 200 each it is over 900.00 for the same trip. how do you justify this extra cost?'Also we were told we would probably get an upgrade to a balcony cabin but have not heart any more. Can you tell me when we should expect this offer to happer. We are on interline and are paying more than other travel agents are asking can you help us out to make this fare more realistic?

Carriebethel@gmail.com

There's not a thing we can do about your fare, that's something only your travel agent can help you with. And upgrades from one class of cabin (e.g., OV) to another (e.g., Verandah) do happen but are rare. And usually don't happen until just before sailing.

When is your cruise/ If you are outside of final payment and don't like your pricing, you can cancel without penalty and rebook.

If you are within penalty period, ask to your travel agent or Personal Cruise Consultant to investigate what upgrades may be available.

Prices often drop after final payment when some people have canceled and now the company can see what their occupancy looks like... so they may drop prices to attract late-comers to sell more room and hopefully fill up the ship.

If one books early, one has the advantage of a better selection of cabins and maybe better opportunity for flights, but your cruise pricing may end up being higher than late bargains, that's the trade-off. m--

Booking a guarantee, as you apparently did, guarantees that you will at the very least, be given that grade of cabin. Often there are upgrades to a room that normally costs a little more. But many of these "upgrades" are to rooms that are identical to your original guarantee - they are just located in a different location.

As Dave mentioned above, upgrades to a different class of cabin are rare. (for example interior to ocean view, or ocean view to balcony). It is always possible, but you should never count on it. It is sort of like playing a slot machine and expecting to get a big jackpot.

Is anyone actually reading what the OP wrote? I read it as they got a great rate for B.A. to San Diego, and at the time the extension to Vancouver was an extra $200. Now that they have decided to add on the extension, the price has gone up to $900. It sounds like the short add-on has been selling well. A case of 'you snooze, you lose'. EM

Is anyone actually reading what the OP wrote? I read it as they got a great rate for B.A. to San Diego, and at the time the extension to Vancouver was an extra $200. Now that they have decided to add on the extension, the price has gone up to $900. It sounds like the short add-on has been selling well. A case of 'you snooze, you lose'. EM

Yes, I am aware of what the OP asked. But she also mentioned she was expecting to be upgraded to a balcony, and wondering when that would happen. I could not answer her first question since I have no knowledge on extending a cruise, as I have never done it, but I do understand how upgrades work.

Sorry Sweetpie, but I can only partially be of help.

We first booked the 34 day cruise from Buonos Aires to San Diego and then today decided for the $200 extra per person we would extend to Vancouver BC. Now instead of the extra 200 each it is over 900.00 for the same trip. how do you justify this extra cost?'Also we were told we would probably get an upgrade to a balcony cabin but have not heart any more. Can you tell me when we should expect this offer to happer. We are on interline and are paying more than other travel agents are asking can you help us out to make this fare more realistic?

(bolding and highlighting mine)

Since you are interline, you probably need to deal with whatever entity you booked through.