Just booked but rep made a mistake (as did I)-worried

I rang as soon as I could this morning at 8.30 and spoke to a rep and burst into tears explaining the same as the above post while also saying I accidently forgot to state my maiden name as thats what I use when travelling. I also explained that I felt rep 1 was at fault not 2 although it should have been confirmed. I asked if there was a charge and he said no.

Guy said its fine that was their fault so he can correct it he just has to put me on hold to do something (maybe switching to priviledges as he was changing both names and DOBs) and he comes on and as I am walking to work he repeats all 6 new details with me twice and then sends me the new invoice. He asked me to check my email but I was out on training and my phone is old.

Got back and checked at lunch and everything is perfect...proper names (inlcuding my maiden name) and correct birth dates! Everything else on the booking is the same as we booked the BOGOHP and YAY!

Very relieved and impressive how rep 3 calmed me down...he actually acted like it had happened before and apologised for mistakes made.

Has it made me a bit doubtful of Royal? A little as whenever we booked with Carnival we have had great service and I can ring the US offices for my booking. X and Royal have given me bad initial experiences but looking forward to my birthday cruise!

Lesson learned? Book online yourself.

I rang as soon as I could this morning at 8.30 and spoke to a rep and burst into tears explaining the same as the above post while also saying I accidently forgot to state my maiden name as thats what I use when travelling. I also explained that I felt rep 1 was at fault not 2 although it should have been confirmed. I asked if there was a charge and he said no.

Guy said its fine that was their fault so he can correct it he just has to put me on hold to do something (maybe switching to priviledges as he was changing both names and DOBs) and he comes on and as I am walking to work he repeats all 6 new details with me twice and then sends me the new invoice. He asked me to check my email but I was out on training and my phone is old.

Got back and checked at lunch and everything is perfect...proper names (inlcuding my maiden name) and correct birth dates! Everything else on the booking is the same as we booked the BOGOHP and YAY!

Very relieved and impressive how rep 3 calmed me down...he actually acted like it had happened before and apologised for mistakes made.

Has it made me a bit doubtful of Royal? A little as whenever we booked with Carnival we have had great service and I can ring the US offices for my booking. X and Royal have given me bad initial experiences but looking forward to my birthday cruise!

Lesson learned? Book online yourself.

See, we told you they would fix it.:)

Glad they've sorted it :)

It would have been a bit more needy on their part if there was flights involved, as the names need to match exactly. If not, they can correct anything else later.

When I booked our Freedom Cruise, the rep read everything back to me - "Andrew spelt A-N-D-R-E-W...." etc. but that involved a transatlantic flight booking too which they have to get right with the airline.

All in all, no damage done, all sorted :)