FT Lauderdale Hotel?

bcampbe1

Try the Renaissance on 17th street. It's within walking distance of a Publix, restaurants, and water taxi stop, plus they have a shuttle to the port for $3pp.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

I bid on Priceline and got accepted at the Renaissance in March 05 for $80. Can you guys give me some more information about the hotel? It sounds fabulous. On their web site the price for the same date was $259...Do they have rooms that face the intercoastal?

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

It's a nice hotel, and fairly new by the looks of it. We had a room on the third floor so there wasn't much a view of anything, but I think if you were higher up and on the east side you could get a decent view.

Just to the north there is a great bar right on the one of the waterways that connect to the Intercoastal, where you can hang out with the yachting set. Also, check out the BonJour! bakery - it's a real French bakery, and the coffee is to die for.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Here is a link from tripadvisor.com to what other people thought of the Renaissance.

We stayed at the Marriot Marina. Really nice place and right across 17th from the dock were the Grand docks.

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

We are on the Star Oct 3l. Hotwire might have something. I was pricing for my sister who wanted to fly in early and have a hotel but the hotels are too expensive so she is flying in on the Oct 3l.

You might try checking directly with the hotels, Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port,Embassy Suites, Amerisuites. The Marriott Marina is $199 for the Oct 30. We have the Marriott Marina for Nov 7 when we return for $92 with Priceline.

If you go to Roll Calls-Princes Cruises there is a thread going "Star Princess -10/31/04 -Who's going?" joins us.

Westerdam, what area of the city did you bid to get the Renaisance?

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess May 22, 2004

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

Future:

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

STAR PRINCESS 11/04

I'm not Westerdam, but I can answer your question. I also got the Renaissance for $80 on priceline. I put in downtown Ft Lauderdale.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess 3/05

Remember the big boat show in Fort Lauderdale is the weekend of 10/29 to 10/31 and availiblity may be limited.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Hello all - -

I was attempting to book a pre-cruise hotel via Priceline for our 9/18 voyage on the Caribbean Princess. I had my heart set on the Hyatt Pier 66 and I bid from $80 - $100 and still didn't get accepted. I probably could've tried again in a few days but I wanted to get our room booked and out of the way. After reading your posts I added the downtown zone and bid $80 and immediately got the Renaissance.

The funny part was prior to adding the downtown zone to my Priceline bid I'd clicked on brucejr's link to learn more about the hotel and checked the availability on 9/17 and it said there were no rooms available.

Anyway thanks to everyone on this thread for their help and for their descriptions of the Renaissance. I found it all very helpful and we're now looking forwarding to enjoying the day prior to our cruise at the Renaissance and surrounding area. Just think only 140 days to go!

Happy sailing everyone!

Downtown FLL<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azsunshine:

Westerdam, what area of the city did you bid to get the Renaisance?

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess May 22, 2004

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

Future:

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

STAR PRINCESS 11/04

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

mkend. No the Renaissance will not look after your car during the cruise.

The Amerisuites will. It's just 2 blocks down the street but now we're talking about a hotel that can't be compared to the Renaissance, 2 1/2 stars

Island Princess - Hawaii, Nov.5/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;5;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived