Hotels in Miami?

SeattleSuz

I never rent a car in Downtown Miami. UBER works well. Also they have a free Trolley System in the Downtown Area. Remember to order the correct size car when using UBER especially if you carry a lot of luggage.

So I wouldn't rent a car UBER from FLL to downtown Miami . Then anywhere else, walk, ride, or UBER. Besides Parking is costly also.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We fly into FLL and cruise out of Miami. Rent a car at FLL through Alamo and stay in Miramar or Pembroke Pines area. Both locations are in between FLL and Miami. Drop the car at Alamo in Miami at airport and take their free shuttle to the port of Miami. We've done it for 4 years.

Post cruise take car rental shuttle back to Miami airport and drive to FLL or wherever (we always drive up to Orlando for a few days). Just remember when getting on car rental shuttle to Miami airport you must show proof of rental to use the free shuttle. Just show them your reservation. Never had an issue. We use Alamo as that is my preferred rental company. Usually can get a 1 day full size rental for $40-50ish. Freedom to stay anywhere at anywhere and grab any last minute items we may need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is really good to hear. We (12 of us) are flying in at noon on Good Friday and staying at the Hampton. What do you suggest we do around there for the day? Six adults and Six 17 year old girls. Don't want to spend a lot on a great dinner since we will be eating well all week, but don't want to eat at McDonald's either.

We stay at the Hampton Brickell all the time. We love it there. There is a nice pub/resturant right next to the hotel and a sub shop that's good. But just a short walk from the hotel is a little mall area with some restaurants too. I don't know about the cost because most places in Miami are a little on the high end.

Also there is Bayside mall not too far from the hotel and you can use the free "metro rail" I believe it's called. There is a station right by the hotel.

I think you will really like the Hampton it's a great hotel. Hope this helps!