Man overboard on Navigator

The passenger that went Missing on the Navigator of the seas was a pleasant 46 yr old Man. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his mother last night on their way to dinner. I just happened to be there neighbor and our conversation was very short and sweet. This was his first cruise and he said he was having a great time and would be cruising again. It was just chit chat and I found him to be extremely friendly and engaging. I do wish people would stop assuming and spreading rumors.

We have a man overboard. I am trying to put the details in the roll call for the next cruise. We are on a b2b and were returning fell.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Just now hearing about this on the evening news. Very sad to hear.

I HATE when the media uses those words "fell off". People actually believe it can happen! He is a jumper!

And it's not just a Fox News thing. They ALL do it :rolleyes:

So true. People don't understand that there is no way that can happen. You either jump or someone tosses you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So true. People don't understand that there is no way that can happen. You either jump or someone tosses you.

Or fall, while doing something very stupid.

I see so many people doing really stupid stuff in all my hiking that I can't believe more people don't fall off ships while trying to use the railing as a balance beam.

Edited by OSUZorba

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly. I've already had several non cruising/anti cruising people tag me on Facebook with kind of a "I told you so" attitude. Not to mention, I'm taking my 5 year old nephew on his first cruise in less than 60 days. His poor mother is already worried because of all the Anthem drama on the news and now this.

I wasn't trying to be tactless and insensitive. I'm terribly sorry for his family. I don't see the difference in using the words fell and jumped except sensationalism using fell.

Edited by ryano

The passenger that went Missing on the Navigator of the seas was a pleasant 46 yr old Man. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his mother last night on their way to dinner. I just happened to be there neighbor and our conversation was very short and sweet. This was his first cruise and he said he was having a great time and would be cruising again. It was just chit chat and I found him to be extremely friendly and engaging. I do wish people would stop assuming and spreading rumors.

Oh my his poor mother :(

These tragedies are just that, regardless of the detailed circumstances.

In another thread, someone reported meeting this individual earlier, and indicated that in their view, he was a very nice person...and was traveling with his mother.

I think the news media has a responsibility to be both compassionate and also accurate in its reporting.

Reports from other passengers onboard (in another thread) indicated an announcement was made that the person jumped, and did not "fall" from the ship. Nonetheless... the loss of life is sad.

I hate that term GO MISSING. If you GO somewhere that is where you are and you are not missing! If you are missing you are not where you were going. :confused:

While it is terrible, you can never tell anything from a short chit-chat with someone. You don't know him, really. Others were just pointing out that there are only a couple of possibilities and the reality is, it's impossible to just fall overboard without something else being involved.

Over the ten years we've been cruising, everyone who has been reported as fallen off have either been drunk and did something stupid or intentionally went over. No one can just be walking along and trip and go over the side. The media always says "fall" just like they always say "alleged".

Edited by BND

I do hope he is ok, but... That is really something that could happen anywhere when people forget NOT to point a champagne bottle anywhere in the vicinity of anyone else. There is a reason most people use the cloth around the top to open champagne (and other sparkling wine) bottles. Popping it out may look cool, but it's dangerous as all get out.

While it is terrible, you can never tell anything from a short chit-chat with someone. You don't know him, really. Others were just pointing out that there are only a couple of possibilities and the reality is, it's impossible to just fall overboard without something else being involved.

Over the ten years we've been cruising, everyone who has been reported as fallen off have either been drunk and did something stupid or intentionally went over. No one can just be walking along and trip and go over the side. The media always says "fall" just like they always say "alleged".

Agree that the media has a responsibility for reporting things more accurately.