Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49693210

This doesn't sound good...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I noticed this last night first cruise you can book from is 9th may. I hope they ain't cancelling any more cruises, then again the cruises might just reappear on the site soon enough.

they may be converting it a soft launch

Carnival, just had to cancel their first Fathom cruise, the official first cruise is in a couple weeks but they had a sort of unofficial first cruise, lightly booked but the ship had some coast guard inspections that showed up some fire safety issues with doors on one deck mostly not working right

so they had to cancel, move the ship and get to work on it so the real first cruise might be OK

so maybe RC Is hedging the 5\5?

The Adonia had passed tons of inspections in getting ready but that last really extensive one had that prob and a couple other minor ones according to the thread on it.:eek:

we don't have plans on the empress but heck this is making me think hard about TAMPA on the Rhapshody next april we are looking at its LAST sailing before repo, thinking about winds, fog, and the price of eggs in China screwing with the ship......

to me, this is getting to be a really serious customer relations deal for people that are really loyal and also new customers?

we are on the FOS and need one more weeklong cruise to hit platinum, but wow, this all seems screwy to me as a relative novice customer of the line:confused:

Carnival, just had to cancel their first Fathom cruise, the official first cruise is in a couple weeks but they had a sort of unofficial first cruise, lightly booked but the ship had some coast guard inspections that showed up some fire safety issues with doors on one deck mostly not working right

so they had to cancel, move the ship and get to work on it so the real first cruise might be OK

Let's NOT compare the situation with FATHOM to Empress.....perhaps all the issues with the Cuban/US governments just did not get ironed out as neatly as possible.

From what I have heard on other threads, people have had odd things going on with the reservation page on Royals website, so let's just 'exhale for a moment'.

Haven't seen any news about Adonia's cruise being cancelled. The ship is still at the cruise terminal, the thread on the fathom board says the guests were put up in hotels overnight due to "technical reasons" (likely USCG withholding permission to board passengers), but no one has mentioned cancellation.

Whoops, edited to say that I found the article here on CC news (don't look there too much). Interesting that the forum doesn't mention anything.

Edited by chengkp75

There are no revelatory photos on his FB page.

There are three Carlos Torres pages, and the one titled Cruise Director doesn't have the photos. As we know there are privacy issues at play with FB. Just trying to answer some of the curiosity for Empress cruisers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49693210

This doesn't sound good...

I was able to log into my 4/30 sailing without an issue. I did see this on our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49695365&postcount=86

I became concerned and called, but the rep said she didn't think it was likely at this point we would be canceled, and if so they'd notify us over two weeks in advance. The 4/25 sailing is less than two weeks from sailing and there's been no cancellation announcement. Now, I know that didn't quite happen the first time around so I'm still looking for a backup for our trip, but hopefully won't need to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to log into my 4/30 sailing without an issue. I did see this on our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49695365&postcount=86

I became concerned and called, but the rep said she didn't think it was likely at this point we would be canceled, and if so they'd notify us over two weeks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 3/30 cruise was cancelled 11 days prior to sailing......

Our 3/30 cruise was cancelled 11 days prior to sailing......

Yep, I said that I know it didn't happen that way last time. Just trying to stay positive and hopeful! I can't see them making the call much later than this week, but anything can happen.

Yep, I said that I know it didn't happen that way last time. Just trying to stay positive and hopeful! I can't see them making the call much later than this week, but anything can happen.

I would have to believe that the very last thing Royal wants is to have any kind of delay to the sailings after the crazy situation of a few weeks ago.

They don't want to have another 'customer service headache' on their hands from this again. They want her to sail.....effortlessly right now and get it over with.

I'm thinking like cruise_mojo it's a soft launch/ shakedown cruise. Although the extra time they did have they should have tested everything, or maybe they will be unveiling something on the ship with all the other updates that media maybe also sailing on the first voyage. Resulting in the first sailing not available? Pure speculation, but I'm speculating to accumulate.

I'm still betting on the first two being cancelled (hoping I lose this bet).

Too much like the last cancellation of the first 6 cruises, same canned responses from RC reps, same screens when trying to access reservation, and same timing.

Not that they or anyone else cares, but if they do cancel again, I'm gone for good! I need a vacation that is there after I plan it and having get the last one pulled out from under me at the last minute (36 year wedding anniversary no less), I won't let it continue to happen, if it happens again.

Just got an upsell call from Royal Caribbean re: our sailing on 4/25/16. We are now in a junior suite!

I asked why the website showed sold out for our sailing. He said they froze the rooms to place the guarantee folks in their cabins. Now they are calling to upsell.

I am very happy this sailing is going as planned.

Edited by jrmende63

Just got an upsell call from Royal Caribbean re: our sailing on 4/25/16. We are now in a junior suite!

I asked why the website showed sold out for our sailing. He said they froze the rooms to place the guarantee folks in there cabins. Now they are calling to upsell.

Thats definitely good news!!

I asked why the website showed sold out for our sailing. He said they froze the rooms to place the guarantee folks in their cabins. Now they are calling to upsell.

Would you mind sharing the details of the upsell offer?

What cabin category had you booked, how much for the upgrade?

Thank you.

Well, here's a shocker.

I just called C&A to take care of an amenity request, and while we were chatting, she said that she would love to sail on the Empress, so nice that RC is bringing her back, etc. etc. etc.

I said something about the cancellations and delays, and she said, quite authoritatively, that when they tore into her, they found many more problems than they expected, and that's what took the extra time.

I NEVER expected anyone at RC to ever make a statement about the situation!

We had an Ocean view with obstructed view. We got a Junior Suite for 150.00 total.

I have been calling every week to see if they have any available for my June cruise. I have not had any luck yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well, here's a shocker.

I just called C&A to take care of an amenity request, and while we were chatting, she said that she would love to sail on the Empress, so nice that RC is bringing her back, etc. etc. etc.

I said something about the cancellations and delays, and she said, quite authoritatively, that when they tore into her, they found many more problems than they expected, and that's what took the extra time.

I NEVER expected anyone at RC to ever make a statement about the situation!

People talk about 'soft openings' well maybe this is their way of doing some 'soft disclosing' without it coming from any person of authority.