La Romana, All-Inclusive Day Pass

jakzak10

Can anyone shed any light on if there are any all-inclusive resorts, near (15 minute drive or so) from where Carnival docks In La Romana? When in Nassau we have always stayed at Breezes for the day and would like a nice resort to chill, eat and drink for the day.

Thanks

Alan

Can anyone shed any light on if there are any all-inclusive resorts, near (15 minute drive or so) from where Carnival docks In La Romana? When in Nassau we have always stayed at Breezes for the day and would like a nice resort to chill, eat and drink for the day.

Thanks

Alan

We (myself, wife, daughter (16), and son (9)) have decided on Dreams Resort which is about a 25 minute taxi ride. All of the reviews sound very positive and include beach, booze, pop, and food. $65 per person and 1/2 for kids under 12. We are on the Breeze and arrive there on March 15. I e-mailed the concierge to reverve the day passes.

We did the day pass to the Dreams Resort a few years back. One of the best times on all my cruises. Absolutely beautiful resort, huge infinity pool and a great beach. Will be returning to this resort on my cruise in September!

Kim

Thanks Dan for the reply. Will probably do the same. Since we don't travel until October, can you please let me know if there were any issues.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

Here's my 2 cents on our Dreams Resort experience on March 15.

Price is $65/adult and half off for kids under 12. Price includes use of private beach, pools, hot tubs, most restaurants and outdoor bars. We stuck to the outdoor eateries and bars and the food/drinks were very good.

The beach was gorgeous and lounge chairs were included. The large outdoor pool had a large inflatable rock crawling apparatus that my 9 year old loved. Everything was very clean and patrolled.

We reserved day passes by e-mailing econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Once you arrive, it's very quick in the lobby and away you go.

Taxi's are immediately to the left after you disembark and exit the compulsory duty free and shopping area. They are ALL mini buses which carry 8. Unfortunately, we weren't able to connect with anybody else heading there so the fixed price of $90 was all ours. You pay for it at the end so our driver was there waiting for us at the agreed upon time. It is a 20-25 minute drive.

When we've stayed at Dreams the property was very crowded because there are just too many rooms for the public areas IMHO. The beach has nice palapas but it's a small beach, and the lounges at both the infinity pool and quiet pool are filled early. But you can walk to the public beach to the east if it is crowded. I enjoyed floating in the water and watching boats come and go from Bayahibe. Just depends on the resort capacity that day...

So the taxi runs around $90?

The rates are firm and are posted at the cruise terminal taxi information stand.

$45 one way. $60 if your round trip is less than 2 hours from the time you depart to the time you want to be picked up. $90 if you round trip is longer than 2 hours

• 2 months later...
We did the day pass to the Dreams Resort a few years back. One of the best times on all my cruises. Absolutely beautiful resort, huge infinity pool and a great beach. Will be returning to this resort on my cruise in September!

Kim

Kimba6539, we will be on the same cruise, want to split the taxi fare?

Kimba6539, we will be on the same cruise, want to split the taxi fare?

We have decided to do a different all inclusive called Luxury Bahia Principe. Its about the same travel time to the resort but it is $75 for their day pass. Sorry!

Kim

• 1 month later...
We have decided to do a different all inclusive called Luxury Bahia Principe. Its about the same travel time to the resort but it is $75 for their day pass. Sorry!

Kim

Can you share the info for the Luxury Bahia Principe, contact info, how much, whats included. Thanks

Linda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes the taxi is high. Higher than Manhattan high. But we knew that going in and budgeted it into our day. Our day at Dreams is still in the top three of cruise experiences. We stayed pretty much in the pool (ok, maybe more like at the swim up bar) most all day and the buffet lunch was spectacular!

I'd go to Dreams again, anytime!

P1030347-M.jpg

Star%20Margarita-M.jpg

P1030379-M.jpg

P1030445-M.jpg

A

A