Across from laudry room????

We booked two "cat G" cabins on the Caribbean Princess and were upgraded to cat EE - HOWEVER - one of the cabins is right across from the self service laundry for that deck. Will that be a problem i.e.; noise etc? Should we move to a lower cat cabin in a better location?

We were right down the hall from the laundry room and used the laundry room for ironing. Everytime I went in there washers and dryers were going. You can not hear them from in the hallways so I am sure that being across the hall would be OK.

Caribbean Princess 4-10-04
Royal Caribbean 11-01
Celebrity 6-99
Sun Princess 3-98

We also had a stateroom directly, or almost directly across from the self serve laundry on another ship. Never heard anything and it made it very nice to just pop across to do a bit of washing or ironing.
I think you will be fine, not to worry.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04
RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.
One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

It may be entertaining - to watch the fights - some of the women can get rather feisty around the laundry room.

NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA Oct. 2004
SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean
REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe
GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico
DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean
DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean
SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska
REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico
REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal
PACIFIC PRINCESS 1999 Europe
SUN PRINCESS 1998 Caribbean
ROYAL PRINCESS 1996 Panama Canal

The only problem you may run in to is that people sometimes tend to congregate outside the laundry room, waiting for their turn or their laundry to be done.

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean
1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti
09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska
05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska
11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Consider the Laundry Room as part of your upgrade package. 3 Cruises ago we had our first room across from the LR. Since then we ask for rooms in that location. No noise, and its really easy to run across the hall to iron your clothes for dinner. When we call our TA to book our annual cruise the TA now knows to look for a room as close to the laundry room as possible. Makes it easy to come home with virtually no Laundry to do. Suprised the Crusie Lines don't charge more for this location. SHHHH! Don't tell them!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;4;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Westfield Friends - July 4th Golden Princess

The laundry room isn't a noisy area typically, there are much more bothersome areas to concern yourself with, under jogging track over theatre.

Every cabin we book seems to be next to someone who must go in and out of theirs a few dozen times a night and evidently only has the strength to open but must let it slam shut with all the spring can muster.

One open Princess booking
[B]<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 05/04
Mercury 06/02
Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98
Legend o.t. Seas 09/95
[B]<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>[/B]
Diamond Princess 11/04
Diamond Princess 04/04
Sea Princess 01/02
Vision o.t. Seas 04/02
Star Princess 12/02[B]<FONT color=red>
West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>[/B]
Ecstacy 09/01
Vision o.t. Seas 10/02
[B]<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 12/97
[B]<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>[/B]
Century 9/96

We were near the laundry on the Coral (Cabin 717) and did not hear a thing. On a 10 night, the laundry was busy but we did not encounter anyone standing outside the room. I considered being so near a bonus and ran laundry a few times. It did seem as if the laundry on the Coral was bigger on the Grand and maybe this was a factor.

QE2 - 2000
Grand Princess - 2002
Coral Princess - 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The only problem you may run in to is that people sometimes tend to congregate outside the laundry room, waiting for their turn or their laundry to be done.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Have found this to be true several times. People will also prop the door open, if given a chance, which not only creates noise but sure can heat up the hallway.

Future cruises:
May 04 Amsterdam
Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2
Jan. 05 Diamond Princess
July 05 Star Princess
Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:
04 Dawn Princess x 2
03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,
Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess
01 Ryndam x 2
00 Sky Princess
79 Sitmar's Fairwind

Dear RoverRix,
On the Newer Ships, the Laundry has a little Foyer, thus there are 2 doors to close. On the Star, I woke up at 4 a.m. and went to Laundry and was very quiet. Pax started showing up soon after to do washing and ironing. There were about 8 irons with boards (spray & steam) - all different brands of irons - a real good choice. I tried different ones. About 8 washers and 8 dryers. The one on my deck was clear aft and our cabin was forward, so I just took the elvator down to the next deck. They seem to alternate decks, forward and aft.

I don't see noise as a problem. If my sleep were disturbed, I would just call the Purser and ask him to handle it. That way, you don't even have to get out of the bed. If you are up and dressed, just go tell the people to keep it down. When asked nicely, people will comply. They just do not realize that they are being obnoxious.

It is very handy to be near LR. You will never wait for a machine because you will see when the traffic comes and goes. My advice is, it is a great upgrade and you should keep it.

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.
Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Thanks everyone for the comments, I felt much better after reading them. I think we will put the kids in there (teenagers can sleep thru anything). There is always hope that they might upgrade us again. I will say though, I am bringing enough clothes so I don't have to do laudry for a whole week YEAH.

I'm with you, roverix! I'm on vacation. No cooking! No cleaning! and definitely no laundry! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Judy

Cruisin in July on the Golden Princess

I just returned from the Western Caribbean itinerary and had a room across from the laundry room. No problem at all with noise. There is a set of double doors to help minimize the noise. The hallway door opens into a very small chamber/room, and then you have to open another door to access the washers, dryers and irons. It really was nice to be able to iron a few shirts for dinner whenever I felt like it, and not get caught up in the pre-dinner rush.

This is the best location - perfect for the pre-dinner touch-ups! And easy access for those mid-cruise fluff and folds so we can pack on the 'lighter' side!

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05
Dawn Princess - 10/04
Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)
Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)
Island Princess - 05/04
Grand Princess - 10/03
Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)
Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Archived