Room Service - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

My 5yo is always too full after dinner for any dessert, so the highlight of his evening is getting to call room service and order cookies that he can eat in bed :) We tried the burger and pizza as well on Freedom and both were decent to good.

So I've been excited for weeks after hearing you can order milk and cookies for bedtime...

Anyone know the quality of the cookies? Closer to the boxed chips ahoy variety or closer to the fresh baked gooey variety? I'm a cookie snob!!!!

And can you get milk?

So I've been excited for weeks after hearing you can order milk and cookies for bedtime...

Anyone know the quality of the cookies? Closer to the boxed chips ahoy variety or closer to the fresh baked gooey variety? I'm a cookie snob!!!!

And can you get milk?

The cookies were soft ones, like the ones you get in Cafe Promenade and yes, you can get milk to go along with it. Not sure if the milk can be warm or not. We had our milk cold.

Is the tip included? Can it be charged the room? I have two teen girls that. Ant wait for room service, and want to be prepared.

Nope, tips will need cash. Surcharge after a certain time in the evening if room service is ordered IS applied to the room charge account.

Good to know! Hubby and I love spinach dip. Is it hot spinach dip or the cold stuff like deli chip dip?

It's the hot kind, served with very tasty tortilla chips. If it's for two of you and you both love hot spinach dip, I'd order four of them, minimum. It's THAT good and THAT tiny!

All the servings are rather small for room service, in my experience (which I totally get -- no sense wasting food!). If you're actually wanting to fill up for a whole meal, order more than one item. But if you just want a snack to tide you over until your next meal, most items are a good snack size.

It's the hot kind, served with very tasty tortilla chips. If it's for two of you and you both love hot spinach dip, I'd order four of them, minimum. It's THAT good and THAT tiny!

All the servings are rather small for room service, in my experience (which I totally get -- no sense wasting food!). If you're actually wanting to fill up for a whole meal, order more than one item. But if you just want a snack to tide you over until your next meal, most items are a good snack size.

Awesome, thank you so much for that feedback! I think we will end up ordering four [emoji16]

Menus posted were the same as I had last week on Oasis. I think they're pretty much the same fleetwide, other than Quantum class.

How is the Quantum class room service menu different? (I just assumed that room service was the same on US based ships, if not fleetwide)

Can anyone post the Anthem room service menu or provide a link to it?

Nope never had a suite. I just never take anything for granted. I always ask, sometimes they say no, but almost always, they try to please. If you ask not, you receive not.

For instance....I like powdered sugar on my french toast. So I ask for it...it was tricky because these servers do not call powdered sugar by that name but after several tries I finally learned they call it Bakers sugar...but I got it and still do.

Edited by BecciBoo

How is the Quantum class room service menu different? (I just assumed that room service was the same on US based ships, if not fleetwide)

Can anyone post the Anthem room service menu or provide a link to it?

I've read here on CC that Quantum class room service is a la carte pricing, at least for some items. I have no idea if they have the "standard" menu for free and offer additional items for a fee, or what, though, as I've never cruised Quantum class and have no intention to anytime soon.

As they say - this thread is nothing without pictures!

Fish Fillets

royalcruise302_zps03bbe51e.jpg

Honey stung chicken (really just chicken fingers now).

royalcruise299_zps21dac562.jpg

Mediterranean salad with chicken

royalcruise300_zpsb50738d1.jpg

Pepperoni Pizza

royalcruise301_zps2d69371c.jpg

Bistro Burger

royalcruise303_zps066d4d86.jpg

Edited by meatloafsfan

As they say - this thread is nothing without pictures!

Fish Fillets

royalcruise302_zps03bbe51e.jpg

Honey stung chicken (really just chicken fingers now).

royalcruise299_zps21dac562.jpg

Mediterranean salad with chicken

royalcruise300_zpsb50738d1.jpg

Pepperoni Pizza

royalcruise301_zps2d69371c.jpg

Bistro Burger

royalcruise303_zps066d4d86.jpg

You just made me extremely hungry. Thank you!!! [emoji16]

Awesome, thank you so much for that feedback! I think we will end up ordering four [emoji16]

To give you an idea, the spinach dip comes in the same size cup as the tartar sauce in the picture that was posted of the fish fillets... and it's only filled about 2/3 of the way up.

And the rest of the plate is filled with tortilla chips. Not sure what you're supposed to do with all the leftover plain chips after you eat the spinach dip! :D

To give you an idea, the spinach dip comes in the same size cup as the tartar sauce in the picture that was posted of the fish fillets... and it's only filled about 2/3 of the way up.

And the rest of the plate is filled with tortilla chips. Not sure what you're supposed to do with all the leftover plain chips after you eat the spinach dip! :D

I wonder if you can ask for a ratio of 3 cups of dip per chip order? :p ***** nom nom nom nom

My experience is nothing like some of yours. We pretty much order only breakfast and have ordered off the room service menu many times. Doesn't it occur to anyone else to just ask??? We've never used the pre order form, we just call as soon as we wake and by the time the sleep is washed from our eyes, they are at the door.

We've had eggs benedict etc. and everything has always amazed with the temprature of the food. Always warm. In fact, we always wonder how they do it! The burgers are very good and I've even ordered off the MDR menu . No problem. The only negative I ever had was the coffee...not too good, but my DH always runs up to grab couple of cups of cappuccino from the Diamond lounge. And the toast could be crispier, is a bit tough from the steam under the covers. But No other complaints here.

She did say eggs benedict, right? !! We can request off the menu!

Sounds so excellent! Wonder how I am going to get my coffee.. Could I order boiling water and do the Starbucks instant?

:)

Sounds so excellent! Wonder how I am going to get my coffee.. Could I order boiling water and do the Starbucks instant?

You can get hot water from room service. I dislike RCL's coffee so always order tea to go with my breakfast. I generally snag a few ones from the Cafe Promenade as I love the mint one.

No guarantee, but they did it for me on Allure. I plan to ask again on Liberty in about 40 days:D

I sure wish there were toasted bagels on the room service menu. The Bistro Burger is really good for lunch, and the hash browns and bacon at breakfast. Not so much the scrambled eggs. I'm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, i always request fried eggs - just write it in. The weird part is when i say like 2 eggs they've given like 2 plates which is 4 eggs! Oh well, at least not paying for em!

Maybe they thought you meant two servings of two eggs each. I know the breakfast card door hanger thingy doesn't always clarify. The menu on the tv is the same way. We thought we ordered 4 slices of pizza. Nope, we ordered 4 pizza pizzas. lol

I sure wish there were toasted bagels on the room service menu. The Bistro Burger is really good for lunch, and the hash browns and bacon at breakfast. Not so much the scrambled eggs. I'm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love me a good toasted bagel with cream cheese [emoji16] will have to ask for that in our upcoming cruise!

We got spoiled last week in a suite. You can order anything from the menu in the MDR.

Loved waking up and ordering pancakes, French toast, bagels and coffee/juice.

Loved the spinach dip and the chicken salad.

We are our whole lobster dinner in,our room. Was great fun!!

Don't forget the cookies.:o

We use room service as a wake-up call for port days. The coffee is nasty, and even the coffee provided in the JS is dreadful.

We tip them cash.

We get multiple plates. I think they have all the standard dishes assembled, and just grab the appropriate plates. We do write in bran muffins and prunes.

The last cruise last fall, we got some room service cards w/o the Country Breakfast (hot items). I asked the steward, and he got us the cards w/ Country Breakfast. So, I'm wondering if they either vary the cards by room category or are downgrading their menus.