First timers - what food & drink is included

david56

The drinks available in the buffet are coffee (from syrup, decaf & leaded), various hot teas, iced tea (these are all self serve or the waiter will bring), also juices...ask the waiter for these.

Juices are at no cost only at breakfast.

Also available in the buffet is milk. Also, from lunchtime on, lemonade.

• 2 weeks later...

First cruise, first post :)

I have some questions regarding drinks. First, we have 2 adults and 4 kids in our party and if we get the unlimited soda package do we need to get one for everyone? My husband and I don't drink much soda and I also hate to have the kids have too much as well. Can I just get like 3 soda packages and share them? Also with the soda package does that come with bottled water? I understand the tap water tastes terrible and I drink a lot of water (I generally only drink a filtered water at home).

Thanks for the input.

First cruise, first post :)

I have some questions regarding drinks. First, we have 2 adults and 4 kids in our party and if we get the unlimited soda package do we need to get one for everyone? My husband and I don't drink much soda and I also hate to have the kids have too much as well. Can I just get like 3 soda packages and share them? Also with the soda package does that come with bottled water? I understand the tap water tastes terrible and I drink a lot of water (I generally only drink a filtered water at home).

Thanks for the input.

Soda package is identified as a sticker on a person's cruise card. It is supposed to not be shared, and sharing between people is considered cheating. I would also hate to be the kid who doesn't get a sticker on his card when the rest of the kids have one.

Cruise ship water tastes fine, as you should find many threads about that, where people concur. Not sure who you advised you about the taste being terrible. If you most have bottled water, the Gifts section of the personalizer allows you to order it pre-cruise at price of $6.90 for 12 half liter bottles. The water bottle package is not available to purchase on the ship.

Soda package does not include bottled water. The More in the "soda and more" is mocktails. Soda is what comes from the fountain, and is not cans.

Another quick question for you guys. Are both sweet and unsweetened tea available at the buffet?

I believe it's only unsweet, with packets of sugar and sugar substitutes to use. There might be some sliced lemons there too.

... other nights its business casual, but people in nice shorts usually won't be kicked out.

Actually the head waiter and maitre'd can decide to enforce the dress code for dinner...and if you show up in shorts for the main dining room, you may be sent off to change.

The Main dining room and buffet is include...so is room service

I suggest you do check the Princess website -- plenty of great info and the dining info Chrysalis gave is pretty helpful.

I haven't been on the Regal, but it's pretty easy.

You will either have anytime dining (flexible) or traditional (assigned early or assigned late). This is included in your fare. Both will have the same menu (which changes every night) and the same dress code.

You can also avail yourself of the other dinner options:

the Horizon (which is the buffet and so it's casual dress)

the poolside pizzeria and grille

International Cafe (good for light meals or in-between noshes/treats) open 24/7 only costs would be gelato if available there (on some ships, it's elsewhere or not available) and for specialty coffees. Not on every ship, but seems to be on most Princess ones by now

room service (full menu if you are in a full suite, limited menu if not) pizza will have a cost, nothing else does, but it's suggested you tip your server

Alfredos (not on all ships)

Specialty restaurants such as Sabatinis, Share, Crowne Grille have a cover charge

Any other special dinner (such as the ultimate balcony dinner, if it's still offered, the chef's table) could have a charge

And there may be other variations depending on the ship

When you first get to your cabin, the Patter, which is the ship's daily newsletter, will be there and the first one will have the different venues listed with hours

Soda package is identified as a sticker on a person's cruise card. It is supposed to not be shared, and sharing between people is considered cheating. I would also hate to be the kid who doesn't get a sticker on his card when the rest of the kids have one.

Cruise ship water tastes fine, as you should find many threads about that, where people concur. Not sure who you advised you about the taste being terrible. If you most have bottled water, the Gifts section of the personalizer allows you to order it pre-cruise at price of $6.90 for 12 half liter bottles. The water bottle package is not available to purchase on the ship.

Soda package does not include bottled water. The More in the "soda and more" is mocktails. Soda is what comes from the fountain, and is not cans.

Another option is that Princess allows you to bring soda onboard. We put a 2-liter bottle in the cabin fridge (every cabin has a mini-fridge) and just pour into our mugs as desired. I don't care for coke products which is the brand Princess carries so this is what I prefer.

Another option is that Princess allows you to bring soda onboard. We put a 2-liter bottle in the cabin fridge (every cabin has a mini-fridge) and just pour into our mugs as desired. I don't care for coke products which is the brand Princess carries so this is what I prefer.

can you bring sparkling water on board?

• 10 months later...

My wife and I are big (non alcohol) Smoothie drinkers. Are smoothies - i.e.: smoothies made with REAL fruit, available with the Soda & More package? Or available at all? We will possibly be on Royal Princess.I know International Cafe has Smoothies you can get with your coffee punch card but they don't use real fruit.

I think I read somewhere they do smoothies in the Sanctuary too ....

I have a question about what type of cocktails are included in the "under $10" category? for instance, is a vodka screwdriver included? What abut a White Russian? I am contemplating buying a beverage package, but white Russians are a favorite. Also, is cappucino included?;)

I have a question about what type of cocktails are included in the "under $10" category? for instance, is a vodka screwdriver included? What abut a White Russian? I am contemplating buying a beverage package, but white Russians are a favorite. Also, is cappucino included?;)

This is very helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kxsUdPFdexdainZSLZWDjZIyHHJIaJiQNmiS83xAoK4/edit#gid=2039544983

Aside from ships with the new venue with the expanded Whiskey Bar menu there is almost nothing that isn't included in the package. There are a couple of high-end liquor choices and several more expensive wines but, for most people, whatever it is you like to drink is included. I like 12 year old single malt scotch. Not a problem. Anything you think of as a "cocktail" is definitely included.