Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

I think I heard that, but thanks for the reminder. Should you not be the us drinking green beer right now.;)

Already celebrated with some appletinis instead. Still green so it works. Hopefully no hangover tomorrow.

Edited by irishgal432

It looks like Allure could have given birth to the Celebrity ship beside her. There were 4 ships in total in port today.

8bd2b10cfd30f71cf7989b827e452329.jpg

This private yacht looks like she is about to give birth to twins. I think her name was "I'm Easy".

2e814a3930e199b37d0a2b775955f526.jpg

Beer is cheaper than Red Bull.

1791f7b3dc87109061aaf2807be99fca.jpg

I bet many of us have done this taxi ride before.

66592d8a3f0fe96852134f14707a8792.jpg

Welcome to our go to place in St Martin, Holland House.

52b6c4cb92399bf075e8eab15318a3b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Owen went jet skiing with me for his first ever time. He loved every minute of it. $55 for 30 minutes, and after I signed my life away on the waivers we were off. Between dodging the water taxis and the other jet ski drivers we finally got out to the open waters. We went to the far end of the bay and cruised along the shore. We both saw a very large sea turtle floating on the water surface. The head looked to be the size of a super big gulp cup and his body was scaled to size. He saw us slowing to a crawl and we were about 50' from him when he submerged, We waited to see if it would resurface but he didn't. It was amazing to see it. I have seen sea turtles but never one that big. Alex, the guy we rented from said that they hang out in the area saw it.

46af8664d83774148bc713af37931036.jpg

After being off the ship for a few hours it was time to get some chow. You can either eat at the beach or at their restaurant. Holland House is also a hotel, with great washroom facilities as well as fresh water shower to rinse off. Two loungers, an Umbrella and 4 drinks was $25. Shaniqua helped us through the day and has taken care of us for the last three years.

We might have ordered too much but we did a good job in wiping out plates clean. Classic mozzarella sticks.

169201d7253c894fd23bd0d3d901db1a.jpg

Chicken Sate, with a great peanut glaze.

fdb6e784a270fb3dd1543d08f7f271f0.jpg

Spring Rolls and tempura shrimp. MMM, delicious.

f01d6b0fffdd2285e9c57c3736a8fca1.jpg

A burger for Owen.

853b6969d240802ec41513a601cac3b8.jpg

Shaniqua with the family. We will see her in November when we sail on Harmony's first full Caribbean sailing. I can't wait to return.

d4b849e5e01a2757d026b58ade54ee68.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

An enterprising gent (Darnell) pushed his wheel barrow along the beach selling water and pop for $2 each. He also had beer and I think it was priced a bit higher. I chatted with for a few minutes after I bought a few drinks. As it turns out two coolers would provide him $120 profit for the day and it looked like hard work pushing it up the beach.

7b90523926fd5631c86b279fab1c72ef.jpg

We had an amazing day and avoided getting a bad burn. It was hot today and we did our best to stay well hydrated

A quick shout out to PTZ for bringing out a web camera for Port Saint Marrten which is actually located at Holland House. If you haven't been there check it out at http://portstmaartenwebcam.com

Edited by A&L_Ont

Many people have asked us have you been to Maho Beach to watch the planes, and our response is we have been there but did not see any. We thought about going this year except after watching you tube videos where people eat the beach or worse yet the road when a plane takes off we decided it isn't the best place to take Owen.

After a bit of research this sign might just say it all. I'm not sure what they are feeding these planes, but that is quiet the belch from behind to send people flying. It is much safer to watch in on PTZ new camera called Maho beach SMX. Watch planes landing in the comfort of your own home here. http://mahobeachcam.com

604f3d14-cfa5-41dd-933a-cf46b92f0977_zps7qz1aqlj.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

A final update for the day. We returned to the ship around 4pm. I must have washed my hair 3 times to get it feeling clean and we felt like new people, or at least clean people.

We hit the WJ for dinner, and it was a quick and dirty meal. We along with many others were dressed up St Patrick's Day. We finished with an early comedy show and retired by 9pm. It was great, and both comedians were funny. Everyone is down for the count except me and I'm fading fast.

Tomorrow is a sea day so flow riding is in order. Kids Club for Owen and the beach pool for Lisa. Hope you all had a great day tagging along.

Edit: my plate at the WJ looks like some sort of array of misplaced food that has nothing in common with another. Does anyone actually try to assemble a normal dinner, or do you just load it up with whatever you feel like?

Edited by A&L_Ont

One last thing I've noticed about sailing on Allure a few times. The backdrop photo behind the comedy stage resembles what an angry prostate might look like. The photo doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

52cf8a254252390ca1127ec6468fec05.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Does anyone actually try to assemble a normal dinner, or do you just load it up with whatever you feel like?

I usually graze on the first run. A bit of anything that looks or sounds good.

Then I go back and clean out my favorites.

Great review! Can't wait until you are on the Western itinerary next week. Enjoy the last 2 days!

Thanks Matt. It has been fun and we still have 2 days left, plus another entire week.

Loving your review and pictures! Great sense of humor! I have shared your pirate and leprechaun names with my 14 yr. old son, they were a hit! Haha!

Looking forward to next week as we will be on the Allure in May for our first Western Caribbean. Hoping to get some good ideas of what to do. We still haven't planned anything! Have fun!

ETA: We have been to Maho twice. It is pretty cool watching the big planes land, but the drunk people can do some pretty dumb things. Don't blame you for not wanting to take Owen.

Edited by rkkunk

I got a concerning email from Fitbit today. I believe it thinks I'm dead, for all my inactivity this past week.

I actually wish I was as rested as it thinks I am. I'm getting between 5-6 hours of sleep a night and increasingly large bags under my eyes every day. This live review gig is very rewarding up also tiring.

Loving your review and pictures! Great sense of humor! I have shared your pirate and leprechaun names with my 14 yr. old son, they were a hit! Haha!

Looking forward to next week as we will be on the Allure in May for our first Western Caribbean. Hoping to get some good ideas of what to do. We still haven't planned anything! Have fun!

ETA: We have been to Maho twice. It is pretty cool watching the big planes land, but the drunk people can do some pretty dumb things. Don't blame you for not wanting to take Owen.

Some of the YouTube videos are amazingly cool to watch as the planes land. There is another where a woman gets blown my the jet blast at take off and goes face first into the cement curb wall that is 1' high. I winced when I saw it happen as it was a hard fail.

You might get a few ideas of what to do on the western route so hopefully it will help out.

I was going through my photos and found a few from St Thomas I missed that were pretty good. I guess someone thought that now is the time for loitering.

2be827ea-8a8e-4d0c-b775-5c6637ae3f10_zps3oqs6m9z.jpg

This one was at one of their parks. I noticed it a few years ago and snapped the picture. I wonder what it means for the rest of the island?:);)

9a41108b-067c-417f-aceb-8699822faa6a_zpsx6rclxax.jpg

I haven't said much about our cabin but some of you have speculated where we are on the ship and a few have been correct or very close to guessing our location. If there is some interest I would be willing to periscope a cabin crawl. Anyone interested?

I haven't said much about our cabin but some of you have speculated where we are on the ship and a few have been correct or very close to guessing our location. If there is some interest I would be willing to periscope a cabin crawl. Anyone interested?

Sound good to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew! Thanks so much for the live review and all the scopes.

The scopes have been especially valuable for my 11-year-old son. We are sailing on the Allure in June on the western route. While we are seasoned cruisers we have not cruised since our Alaska cruise in 2009. He was just a wee lad of 5 then and doesn't remember much about it. He is not a fan of the unknown so your periscopes have been a great tool to give him a first hand glimpse of life onboard the allure. He eagerly awaits your scopes and is now very excited for our cruise.

If you get a chance I'd love a scope tour of the diamond lounge and Coastal Kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love to see it, but I've not figured out a way to watch the periscope on a PC.

Tom, it took forever to down load the app, but I think this is what you are looking for. Just kidding on the forever part.

905105f62b0af10a4080a93c9e607350.jpg

That's much better than I've ever experienced at sea. Your ping, though not "like home" is way better than 600-900 ms!

THANKS,

Tom

Here? :eek:

ry%3D480