Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Any of you ever notice how many pre-cruise emails you receive prior to sailing? This week alone I must have got 3-4 a day. I can prepay for wifi, book shore excursions, spa treatments, specialty dining, drink packages, know how my loyalty perks can benefit me, and I even thought I saw one about paying a fee to take a turn at the Captain's wheel. They must be prepping me for all the paper propaganda we will see in our cabin for the next two weeks.

I wonder why they can't find my email when they have a legit sale to promote. Oh wait, I already know that answer.;)

Any of you ever notice how many pre-cruise emails you receive prior to sailing? This week alone I must have got 3-4 a day. I can prepay for wifi, book shore excursions, spa treatments, specialty dining, drink packages, know how my loyalty perks can benefit me, and I even thought I saw one about paying a fee to take a turn at the Captain's wheel. They must be prepping me for all the paper propaganda we will see in our cabin for the next two weeks.

I wonder why they can't find my email when they have a legit sale to promote. Oh wait, I already know that answer.;)

Same here, sail on Oasis in 2 weeks. Lot's of pre-purchase, but at least one was a good one--VOOM internet on BOGO--2 devices for $105; 4 devices for $210.

Such a little word but so meaningful.

Since your mom told you (I sure hope she did) never to talk to strangers or get into a car with one, I better introduce us to you. You will be travelling with my DW Lisa (40), DS Owen (8) and me, being Andrew (44). We live in SW Ontario. If you have a teenaged daughter ask them where Stratford Ontario is, and they will immediately point out Justin Bieber’s home town on a map. We are just west of there and thankfully we do not personally know that Canadian export. On behalf of a nation I ask, “is it too late to say sorry now?

If I haven’t lessened your fear of strangers, you can learn a bit more about “us” before we depart. You can read my other two completed CC reviews. Some of you might remember our review of our Oasis July 2011 cruise that we took, the one where the mirror fell off our wall and landed on our bed in the middle of the night. If not click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1474659 My other cruise review is in honor of our daughter Allison: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873787

So before you commit let me quickly inform you what type of review you will get. There might be hourly posts at times but more likely a few times a day. They will be off the cuff, contain pictures and whatever else I feel like adding. I will do my best to answer questions and like an excursion guide I just might make up the answers. ;) I might even post the Compass at some point. There will be periscopes at sea, thanks to Allure’s wonderful Wi-Fi and from ports thanks to data plans and free Wi-Fi locations. I will do a quick periscope Friday or Saturday just to make sure we are connected. You can follow me at @Andrew_1720 for periscopes.

I am subscribe and ready for this adventure. living vicariously through a cruise brother from another mother

so now we have direction and a destination so that pretty much wraps up my preamble. Tomorrow we drive to and fly from detroit to fll, so hurry and pack your imaginary bags. Below is my only luggage picture. I promise.

i did edit it to please the moderators. I’d hate for this review locked down before i even leave home. Hopefully, any fear of strangers has been squashed and you will tag along. Want to check it out? Join me, shall you?

8f03096b-d368-48ba-8178-2d2965764837_zpsiqz49rzq.jpg

lllllooooollll!!!

I thought I’d show you a video of what our drive to the airport will look like tomorrow as I will be speedy. Some of you already know I have a passion for cars as well as a passion for cruising on ships.

Enjoy the video link, but there is one thing you need to do before you click it. Please turn on your speakers prior to hitting play; it is needed for full effect.

[YOUTUBE]7tCg_mYSiKw[/YOUTUBE]

Isn't this the truth! I can't even get the sale e-mails despite subscribing :mad:

Great start, Andrew!--you've got me smiling already, and I haven't even had my glass(es) of wine yet...love the "suit case" meme! I forgot to post my Niksmom "packing for your return" tip--I bring along a few Hefty tall kitchen garbage bags--all the dirty laundry is deposited throughout the trip, and then inserted into the suitcase and zipped. Voila! Bag packed :D

Wow you caught my attention, this is gonna be one fun thread.

By the way................Does your trombone do any other copy cat sounds?????

Now seriously. Be safe. Enjoy.

Keep the posts coming.

Safe travels.

Isn't this the truth! I can't even get the sale e-mails despite subscribing :mad:

Great start, Andrew!--you've got me smiling already, and I haven't even had my glass(es) of wine yet...love the "suit case" meme! I forgot to post my Niksmom "packing for your return" tip--I bring along a few Hefty tall kitchen garbage bags--all the dirty laundry is deposited throughout the trip, and then inserted into the suitcase and zipped. Voila! Bag packed :D

You mean like these. Already packed. You sure we have never met before? One is for lights one is for darks in the other is for Owen's. Zip locks are for still wet stuff.

c37de9f1560a36085fa3d2d80b6e8ae6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Very true, but imagine how mopey he'd be when he could only do stand up for half the day. I tried it once, and trust me you don't need that on a holiday.;)

I think I have that one figured out. I convinced him to go on Serenade last fall because of the great southern itinerary - NO FLOWRIDER!:eek: You want to see mopey? OMG...I will never do that again. So now that he (and I) experienced a ship without a flowrider he will gladly take a cruise ship with just one. Granted, he would love the Oasis class more but he has learned to "settle" for one;)

WHO-HOO Almost time. You know for those of us that are married to the summer we would like a "cooling off Period"...lol

36 hours and we will be on Allure. Next winter you we can do a house swap, you will like be it up here.:D

Such a little word but so meaningful.

So true.

Have a great cruise !!

We're sailing on the Allure April 17 !

Can hardly wait !!! :)

I can't hardly wait and we sail Sunday. I can only imagine how excited you will be in a few months.

You are hilarious :D

Can totally understand what you mean about it's hard to sit down afterwards and do a review. so with a live one, it'll be realtime so always up to date.

Can't wait. Thanks again for taking us along. We'll be on Allure in 4 weeks and it helps keep the excitement up, and I love hearing about other's experiences.

I really promise to try to finish the other reviews when I return from this one, but we will have to wait and see. It is tough but once you commit you are all in.

Yahoo! A live report of a b2b from my favorite ship! This is already shaping up to be a great review :D

Bugsy, thanks for the nice words. Coming from you it means a lot. With your wonderful reviews you have left some big foot steps to fill so let's see if I can finish as strong as I start.

I have to get a pink fedora some time soon. Lisa and I get to sail with Emmy this fall on Harmony's inaugural Caribbean sailing, so I know that there will be a strong contingency of Boas and a few fedoras on that sailing.

We went to the in-laws for dinner tonight. On our drive home, at about 7pm, I made the comment that in 12 hours we will be leaving for the airport. Owen chimes in from the back seat without missing a beat "Now that's what I'm talkin about".

That boy definitely has my genetics.

Wow you caught my attention, this is gonna be one fun thread.

By the way................Does your trombone do any other copy cat sounds?????

Now seriously. Be safe. Enjoy.

Keep the posts coming.

Safe travels.

I seriously considered taking it on the cruise. After all the threads over the years about what people have had confiscated like irons, blenders, coffee makers, steamers, stand up vacuums and a counter top mixer why not bring a trombone. I could hang out in Central Park late at night and make the howling sounds of cats in heat. It would make the balcony residents feel like they were at home in NYC.

The travels start tomorrow at 7am so tomorrow night might not come soon enough.

Following along too Andrew.

Love your commentary and the packing pic made me laugh. So true, take time/effort to fold everything and place perfectly in suitcase to go --- cram it all in at the last minute to come home:D.

Bon Voyage!

Can you see if you can find out who will be the Captain after Johnny finishes his current deployment? I think I know but want to know for sure. Also, would like to know who the CD will be in the next rotation (after current one). Thx.

I will do my best. If I forget give me a reminder part way through.

So we have made it to DTW and are checked in. We did a periscope this morning from the car so if you are following it should have come through.

So we left the boss at home. Lucy is our farm cat who gets into lots of adventures. I fed here, gave her a quick rub and informed her that we were going away. In typical cat form, she could care less. Her minions, also known as my in-laws, will feed her while we are gone.

9457fd49471468632ea51c045dbc5b4f.jpg

So the typical nice picture we take while crossing into Michigan wasn't so nice today. No view of the freezing brown waters of Lake Huron. The fog didn't slow us down on the drive though.

13455ed28a9468a565ee7fac2683c32d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app