upgrades

styme123

In one word -- RARELY!!

I have only been given one true upgrade and never offered in upsell in over 20 cruises on Princess.

The upgrade was via a phone call the morning before my cruise. I was in an inside cabin and Princess offered to move me to an obstructed oceanview room on the Emerald deck without charge. It ended up being an excellent room and really did appreciate the free upgrade.

We leave this next Sunday on the Caribbean princess 10 day. Was offered by up for $300 ($150 ea) to go from an inside to a balcony on the Caribe deck (our favorite balcony since they are a little larger)! Snapped it up quickly, that was a GREAT deal! ;)

Our Upgrade, up sale, or any favorable change offer from Princess score.

Us- 16 cruises. Princess- 0 offers.

Still hoping.

Bob

fingers_crossed.gif~c200

Positive thoughts your next one will be the winner.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

On our first cruise, which was also our honeymoon, we booked a guaranteed balcony. We were on the Grand Princess and initially we were assigned to a balcony near the front of the Emerald deck. It was one that was fully covered and almost level with the promenade.

A few weeks before our cruise we were upgraded to a mid-ship Caribe balcony. WONDERFUL upgrade. I always wondered if it was because they saw that it was our honeymoon. :)

We received one free upgrade and it was a great one on our tenth Princess cruise. Obstructed view to balcony on 28 day RT Tahiti cruise in 2011. My sister and her DH were also upgraded to the cabin next door. We both had booked the cabins a year before the cruise. These were not guarantees.

Our last four cruises we have been offered upsells that we took advantage of.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

How often are you offered upgrades once your booked?

28 Princess cruises, 2 upsell offers, and 2 upgrades—both surprises. 3rd cruise went from balcony to mini-suite. 20th cruise went from mini to full suite—wedding anniversary and retirement that our TA asked Princess to consider. We always hope for the upgrade fairy’s visit but are never disappointed if she passes us by.