Mini-Suite benefits

The Batties

For our very first ever cruise in June (Arcadia, Norwegian Fjords, J606) we've booked a fully wheelchair accessible Mini-Suite - because I want balcony as we probably won't be able to go ashore, and because I'll need the extra space and other stuff for the disabled.

I've now done so much reading and research my eyes are going crossed!

I can see that we will not have a Butler, like in a full Suite, but what benefits WILL we have? I've read that we will have a bottle of bubbly on arrival and daily canapes - anything else?

I hope I'm not sounding greedy, because I'm not. But I would like to know what we will be 'entitled' to.

For our very first ever cruise in June (Arcadia, Norwegian Fjords, J606) we've booked a fully wheelchair accessible Mini-Suite - because I want balcony as we probably won't be able to go ashore, and because I'll need the extra space and other stuff for the disabled.

I've now done so much reading and research my eyes are going crossed!

I can see that we will not have a Butler, like in a full Suite, but what benefits WILL we have? I've read that we will have a bottle of bubbly on arrival and daily canapes - anything else?

I hope I'm not sounding greedy, because I'm not. But I would like to know what we will be 'entitled' to.

With mini suites it is just the extra space really. Pink-belle has covered what you do get. I was going to add early boarding, but as one of you is in a wheelchair you would probably be early boarding anyway.

You do get lunch someone else than the buffet when boarding in a suite/mini suite. Not really exciting food, but not a bun fight either, oh and free drinks.

If these move you , you also get an iron, ironing board, and trouser press in the cabin. OH uses the trouser press everyday when we are on board.

.....and a senseo coffee machine. His an hers sink. Jacuzzi bath. Separate shower cubicle.

I imagine that you must be in either D1 or D2? Both those cabins are right at the front of the ship so you may feel some movement across the N sea.But you should get a fabulous view in the fjords as you have a window facing the bow of the ship as well as a smallish balcony.

Arcadia is a lovey ship and the fjords are beautiful. Enjoy!

Thank you for all your replies and information, all very useful. You've added to our excitement about our cruise!

Special thanks, MysticalMother, for your enthusiasm which confirms we've made the right choices. Yes, we have cabin D1, so it's good to hear that it is a lovely one. I'm very much looking forward to sitting on our balcony with a glass of fizzo as we watch the fjords go by! I didn't realise we would have a window facing the bow - a bonus indeed.

I'll read your links, thanks Florry.

Thanks again :)

http://manchestercruisecentre.com/arcadiadisabledimages.php

The above is a link to some pictures of cabin D2 which will be a mirror image of D1

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1090148

....and that is a link to a post on CC some years ago about the cabin.

Suggests the balcony may not be very big, but it should be big enough at least for the wheelchair.

Enjoy!