WELCOME BACK! Questions for Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Itinerary

Bucky3

Those of us patiently? waiting for our cruises to begin are anxious for your input after this first Eastern Itinerary cruise. Hope it was wonderful for all of you! A couple of questions: 1. What time was the life boat drill? 2. What did you do in St. Thomas and St. Maarten that you would recommend? 3. When were the formal nights? Thanks for any/all comments. Bucky

Just back from Caribbean Princess today! We did the eastern itinerary.

Lifeboat drill was at 4:30

Formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

In St. Thomas we did the all day catarman trip to St. John- highly recommend.

St. Marten we took the excrusion over to see St. Barth's for the day. We really enjoyed that too. We have been to St. Marten before so this was a new, fun thing for us to do.

Any other questions email me directly. I don't visit this board often.

WeRsunBums@aol.com

Muster was before the ship left port?

You meant muster was embarking day, right?

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01

Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

Muster drill started at 4:00 on Embarkation day---we were laying at the Calypso pool and had absolutely no intentions of getting up!! Although they closed the pool bar, no one told us we had to leave to attend the drill! It lasted about 1/2 hour.

In St. Maarten, we took the ship's 4x4 jeep tour and were VERY disappointed (we actually complained and they refunded 30% of our $$). The sound system was out in our jeep so for the 1st hour we drove around not knowing what we were looking at! They also overbooked the tour so some had to sit in the front seat which was enclosed and hot---despite the fact that people paid to be in an open air jeep! The first stop was an hour at Orient Beach. The tide is very high and rough in the am so it was difficult to swim or do water sports. Also--they wanted $20 to rent a lounge chair for 1 hour--totally absurd!! The traffic coming back from the French side was terrible and we sat for almost an hour in the hot sun moving inch by inch. In Phillipsburg, we rented some jet skis near the water taxi and off we went....it was the best part of the day!

In St. Thomas, I'd recommend going to St. John for absolutely beautiful beaches and incredible snorkeling. I opt for going on your own timetable rather than paying for a tour. It is easy to get there on your own.

I liked Princess Cays---we were on the first tender in and the last one to leave! We opted to go to the right side (the south beach) where it is less crowded and noisy. We almost had our own private cove! It is very clean and the BBQ was good. It was just a relaxing day at the beach! By the way.....if you want to shop there, bring lots of singles and fives. The vendors there have no change and they don't care about losing a sale if you don't have small bills. I walked around for 30 minutes looking for change for a $20 bill! It was a bit frustrating.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Suzy

[This message was edited by SuzeeQ on 05-03-04 at 06:55 PM.]

Thanks for the great info. The catarman trip to St. John's sounds great. How long was the excursion? Do you get to enjoy shopping or a beach while on the tour?

Thanks,

Rusty

stikdog_e0.gif

CARRIBEAN PRINCESS JAN 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL'S LEGEND JAN 2003

CELEBRITY'S CENTURY DEC 2003

cflbird2dog_e0.gif

Archived