Making roll call boards easier to use.

srphnx

From my post on "Princess Roll Calls"

Laura,

How about breaking roll calls down one step further, like in to ship sub-boards. The search does not work in general and even the the difference between may 22nd and 5-twenty second continues to be an issue. If every ship had her own sub board, people would drill down and only see sailing on that ship, 2 pages max to dig thru?

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

I think it would be easier if they tried to use database type fields - where everyone enters the ship name and dates in the same format and then allow for a search similiar to a database.

Right now - people list things in various ways:

Christmas on the Grand

Dawn - 12-22-04

4th of July on Sun Princess

December 22 on the Sun Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The search does not work in general <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Totally agree. You have to be lucky and find someone bring a post to the front in order to find your date and ship. I tried the search for 2 weeks using all sorts of combinations and never was able to find the sailing I was searching for.

Possibly if the date was done in mm/dd/yyyy format and then the ......(ship's name)Princess the search feature would work better. When the ship's name is entered first search feature times out.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

I agree. I usually use the "find" window, type in the ship, and let it search for the word on each page. That's still not very efficient.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

Quote from srphnx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If every ship had her own sub board, people would drill down and only see sailing on that ship <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with you ! I have post a thread on our 2005 March sailling on the Dawn Princess 3 or 4 times and no one has answered it... I keep posting threads because the ones I posted are going down the pages and I suppose people are like me: they don't look on pages beyond page 5... If there was a sub board for the Dawn Princess, I'm sure it would be easyer for everyone to look for the roll call of their interest...

Alain R

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

Want to see some pictures from our cruises ?

Just go to:

Alain & Linda cruises pictures

... and enjoy !

---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ---------- *** ----------

1995 - Regal Princess (Eastern Carrib)

2000 - Sea Princess (Western Carrib)

2002 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib)

2004 - Coral Princess (Panama canal)

NEXT CRUISE:

2005/03/20 - Dawn Princess (Southern Carrib Meddley)

Without giving it a great deal of thought, but shooting from the hip, I would say I agree.

Unless you post on your thread a couple of times a day, it can rapidly slip back to page two or three, and as noted above, the search feature is very problematic.

Michael

Excellent Suggestion. I find it only by looking in my Profile and then Recent Posts, but it is still cumbersome.

OH, LAURA, how hard would it be for the WebMaster Guru? You could set fields that only accept format for:

TAHITIAN

04 Sept 04

14 Sept 04

AND THEN ANOTHER BOARD:

CARIBBEAN

05 June 04

11 June 04

AND ANOTHER:

SAPPHIRE

07 March 04

That is all you would need in a Title. Look for your ship. Dates should be programmed to the calendar, not helter-skelter as it now is, driven by time and date posted - that's stupid and no one can find his sailing!

PLEASE, PLEASE, LAURA: Ask The GURU. Give him a raise, or a Tahiti Cruise.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Don't forget, until they make changes you can post to your original post and just type "bump" to move it up the list and have it be visible again. I just did that with my own post for Coral Princess, July 10.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

Coral Princess '04

Don't forget, until they make changes you can post to your original post and just type "bump" to move it up the list. I just did that with my own post for Coral Princess, July 10.

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

Coral Princess '04

Looking in your own profile if you've already posted is the easiest way. A lot easier than searching and a lot less annoying than creating numerous threads and then trying to follow all of them.

Pea

5/9 Golden Princess  countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

time98.gif

Archived